IGNORED

Scott Dann

• 5 years later...

KOEMAN WANTS SCOTT DANN

Everton will move for Crystal Palace defender Scott Dann if Southampton manager Ronald Koeman takes charge.

Sky sources understand Everton are in talks with Koeman over a deal to bring him to Goodison Park, replacing former boss Roberto Martinez.

And the Liverpool Echo reports Dann will be one of Koemans preferred targets to replace John Stones should the England defender leave this summer.

Dann could command a transfer fee of £15m.

I think he's a good player. He had an excellent season last season and is a tough old fashioned type centre half who can actually head a ball.

He scores goals too.

i agree but it's hardly building for the future, that's my only concwrn

Not every player needs to be 20 or so, especially if we want to compete for CL places already next season. That team needs some leadership, whether it's Dann I don't know. But the lack of was quite telling last season.

true. My concern is having both our CBs having a collective age of closer to 70 than 40 though.

If we got him and kept Stones that would be two older experienced and 2 younger up and coming with Stones and Mori that leaves plenty of permutations at CB with Holgate, Galloway and Browning still up and coming. I'd be happy with our CBs if we kept our existing ones and brought in Dann.

He's also prem league hardened, no time to adapt, no question marks over if he can do it in the prem etc. 15 mil isn't a lot for an already established prem CB. As someone pointed out, if he was playingfor a "bigger" club he'd of gone the Euros.

Edited by Paddock