IGNORED

If We Lose Baines

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under current ownership it's an eventuality rather than possibility, get used to it.

There is no guarantee any funds that we will be given after the sale of a proven first name on the sheet player will result in an adequate back fill.

The niche Market that was lower league budget replacements is well tapped, we will forever be watched like hawks by redknapp and co ready to outbid and outpay.

The top end of the Market is battled between the likes of man united, man city, Chelsea, real, and co. Leaving the likes of Liverpool, arsenal, and spurs to go for the sub top level. Unfortunately we are amongst the newcastles, stokes and sunderlands etc.

If we lose Baines, it will be for bloody good money.He, like every other player in our team can be replaced.

Relegation !!......that's exactly what the talk was about the pre season before we finished 4th.

Slightly better start last season and a tad more luck with injuries and we would have finished 5th or 6th......last game of the season with 10 men we beat Chelsea.....God we're crap.

A slight change in the fortunes of a few players for the better will see us push top 6: arteta = play 95% of what we know he can consistently. Felli = injury free. Rodwell = find potential and form. Barkley = make first team, saha = injury free and find consistency. To be honest there are a few permutations that could make or break the season, forever the optimist

• 2 weeks later...

Trust in Moyes - after all, he was the one who found our great players in the first place, and if they go, he'll find some more. We don't have a single player that would reduce the team to a relegation battle should they leave, but if our manager were to leave, it would be a much more worrisome scenario.

The trend with all our players is that they took a while to find their feet. We have lots of guys still to find theirs, and others who need to re-find them. If they all find them at the same moment, we will have quite a squad.

Every other team is buying because they need to. Everton are in a better position, which is just as well considering our financial situation

I will post what I always say at the start of the season, take any team and apply the average of injuries per game and you are looking at anywhere between 2 and 6 players missing.

Of course teams with larger squads will contribute to a larger number - however the dynamics are the same, it's a contact sport and the law of averages suggest it is going to happen within that range throughout the season.

The effect of Everton being without Jags, Howard, Saha and Baines in a game is a major major problem. Will we get a season where our players remain injury free? Highly unlikely. Do we have the strength in depth to cover the key players adequately? Nope. If Beckford and Saha get injured, are we going to be able to rely on an interested and sharp Yak?, a none goalscoring Anichebe? a raw unproven Apostolos?

Tell me that injuries will not happen and I will be optimistic. As it stands we are permanently 3-4 injuries away from a weak team.

you dont think we need to buy?

you dont think we are short of numbers and quality?

i've been watching a different everton.

It's probably more a case of 'can we continue to be better than the teams below us?' v 'can we become better than the teams above us?'

If we don't spend, will the teams below us catch us up? If we do spend, will we qualify for Europe?

Why spend if the answer to both of these questions is no?

If the answer to both / either questions is yes, then that's a different matter.

Personally I think that we will need to replace our older players soon, with new talent that will work their asses off, but for this season, we can get by, and see if we can't bring in the young lads. We will need luck avoiding injury, but luck is all we can ask for if we don't have funds.

If anything, I'd like to get shut of a few players in January while they still have a few years left in them.

For now, I'll keep the names of said players to myself lol as it probably wouldn't be popular with the majority.

It's probably more a case of 'can we continue to be better than the teams below us?' v 'can we become better than the teams above us?'

If we don't spend, will the teams below us catch us up? If we do spend, will we qualify for Europe?

Why spend if the answer to both of these questions is no?

If the answer to both / either questions is yes, then that's a different matter.

Personally I think that we will need to replace our older players soon, with new talent that will work their asses off, but for this season, we can get by, and see if we can't bring in the young lads. We will need luck avoiding injury, but luck is all we can ask for if we don't have funds.

If anything, I'd like to get shut of a few players in January while they still have a few years left in them.

For now, I'll keep the names of said players to myself lol as it probably wouldn't be popular with the majority.

The frustration for me is that we are about as close to getting to the best side we will have in years, it's almost like building a house from scratch, getting the foundations right, creating the best kitchen, the best living room etc, but by the time you get to the master bedroom and bathroom you are flat broke. You need to sell the valuable components of the masterpieces you started with just to finish the house.

Yep, look at nzogbia for villa, look what we have instead and tell me you won't be thinking what if...

The frustration for me is that we are about as close to getting to the best side we will have in years, it's almost like building a house from scratch, getting the foundations right, creating the best kitchen, the best living room etc, but by the time you get to the master bedroom and bathroom you are flat broke. You need to sell the valuable components of the masterpieces you started with just to finish the house.

Yep, look at nzogbia for villa, look what we have instead and tell me you won't be thinking what if...

I like the example you give, but it isn't quite correct.

We didn't get the best bathroom, or kitchen. What we got was the best builder, and asked him to create the perfect home on a shoestring budget, which he did to be fair to the guy. The problem we have is that fans are saying 'Come on, hurry up, we want to move in' because we can't wait for the finished article, and we then get frustrated and worry that it will never be finished, when strictly speaking, we should just let the guy get on with the job, and when the work is done, it's done.

Last season, everyone moaned that we didn't really bring anybody in of note, but once again, Moyes came good, and we now have Beckford, Mucha, Gueye, Velios, who will no doubt be worth 50 million each in a few years knowing Moyes. We also saw the birth of Seamus Coleman, and Distin proved to everybody just how right Moyes was to buy him.

Everyone was shocked at him buying Saha, then Fellaini, but both have had the fans excited and shouting their names. Only injury has caused us ill luck. We have so called 'World Class' players in our squad, yet they don't always perform.

Arteta is a good example of this, as was Cahill not too long ago. Jags has been below par, and Bily is only just finding his feet. We had a dejected Dutchman to contend with too, and injuries a plenty.

Moyes always finds a way though, even if it isn't silverware.

We don't need Nzogbia. He wouldn't bring much to the table that we don't already have to be fair, other than a big wage bill. Just look at how many targets we have failed to land, and other clubs have spent big money on, and then look at just how mediocre these players have been for their new clubs.

Then look at the success stories we've had, and how we all scratched our heads when the same players arrived.

We don't need gold plated taps costing a fortune to have a great bathroom. We just need something that can be polished up, and look just as good.

Moyes is footballs answer to Laurence Llewelyn Bowen. rofl.gif

I like the example you give, but it isn't quite correct.

We didn't get the best bathroom, or kitchen. What we got was the best builder, and asked him to create the perfect home on a shoestring budget, which he did to be fair to the guy. The problem we have is that fans are saying 'Come on, hurry up, we want to move in' because we can't wait for the finished article, and we then get frustrated and worry that it will never be finished, when strictly speaking, we should just let the guy get on with the job, and when the work is done, it's done.

Last season, everyone moaned that we didn't really bring anybody in of note, but once again, Moyes came good, and we now have Beckford, Mucha, Gueye, Velios, who will no doubt be worth 50 million each in a few years knowing Moyes. We also saw the birth of Seamus Coleman, and Distin proved to everybody just how right Moyes was to buy him.

Everyone was shocked at him buying Saha, then Fellaini, but both have had the fans excited and shouting their names. Only injury has caused us ill luck. We have so called 'World Class' players in our squad, yet they don't always perform.

Arteta is a good example of this, as was Cahill not too long ago. Jags has been below par, and Bily is only just finding his feet. We had a dejected Dutchman to contend with too, and injuries a plenty.

Moyes always finds a way though, even if it isn't silverware.

We don't need Nzogbia. He wouldn't bring much to the table that we don't already have to be fair, other than a big wage bill. Just look at how many targets we have failed to land, and other clubs have spent big money on, and then look at just how mediocre these players have been for their new clubs.

Then look at the success stories we've had, and how we all scratched our heads when the same players arrived.

We don't need gold plated taps costing a fortune to have a great bathroom. We just need something that can be polished up, and look just as good.

Moyes is footballs answer to Laurence Llewelyn Bowen. rofl.gif

I too like your example - good interpretation of what I was getting across, but i do disagree with a few points.

The examples of players bring probably worth £50m in few years is ambitious. If vellios turns info Carlton cole then it will be a great find, but we need more than that, beckford for me will always be what he is, great on his day, but inconsistent and often wayward.

The potential to sign nzogbia will come back to haunt us. He is absolute quality. We don't have anything like him and haven't had since andrei kanchelskis. Put it this way I would see jags go for £16m plus if we could get him for £10m .

I too like your example - good interpretation of what I was getting across, but i do disagree with a few points.

The examples of players bring probably worth £50m in few years is ambitious. If vellios turns info Carlton cole then it will be a great find, but we need more than that, beckford for me will always be what he is, great on his day, but inconsistent and often wayward.

The potential to sign nzogbia will come back to haunt us. He is absolute quality. We don't have anything like him and haven't had since andrei kanchelskis. Put it this way I would see jags go for £16m plus if we could get him for £10m .

Last year, Jags was poor in my opinion, and I would have no problem in selling him for the right price, as Heitinga would slot straight in, with Yobo as good cover should he stay, but I don't think it is good for morale to see senior players go. It would be a shrewd move on City's part to take Jags, as they would be reuniting one of the strongest partnerships, so I wouldn't rule that out just yet. It would be cool if Kompany came the other way as a sweetener, as it would settl Fellaini too. I don't think single defenders are that important compared to their role as a partnership. Having good partnerships is key.

Nzogbia is good, but there are many others at a fraction of that price which could be useful for us. Hopefully our young players will step up.

Last year, Jags was poor in my opinion, and I would have no problem in selling him for the right price, as Heitinga would slot straight in, with Yobo as good cover should he stay, but I don't think it is good for morale to see senior players go. It would be a shrewd move on City's part to take Jags, as they would be reuniting one of the strongest partnerships, so I wouldn't rule that out just yet. It would be cool if Kompany came the other way as a sweetener, as it would settl Fellaini too. I don't think single defenders are that important compared to their role as a partnership. Having good partnerships is key.

Nzogbia is good, but there are many others at a fraction of that price which could be useful for us. Hopefully our young players will step up.

Why in god's name would City ever even consider trading Kompany for Jagielka?

we have built a mid range but capable house, by the time we start putting the bathroom in the oven has broken, the fridge is warm and the previously beautiful oak worktops have not been treated with protective stain and has water damage. the water has passed through the worktops and the units now also have damp.

we need a new kitchen and the bathroom still needs to be bought and fitted.

we have enough cash left over for some pot plants and an ikea washing basket.

edit:

and we now have asthma due to the damp.

and the kids need new trainers.

and the new season starts in two weeks and we cant afford sky sports and espn.

Edited by StevO

Why in god's name would City ever even consider trading Kompany for Jagielka?

Well first off, they probably wouldn't, as he is probably their most consistent player, but it would be something that I 'personally' think could be a good deal for both, if we were to get cash on top, as they would then have the Center Back pairing of Jags and Lescott, and we would have a steady defender, who is also Fellaini's mate, hence keeping Fellaini at Goodison, and have a few quid to buy another player.

It won't happen, but I'd rather it were that, than a straight cash deal for Arsene. Arsenal are probably the team we have best chance of catching.

Well first off, they probably wouldn't, as he is probably their most consistent player, but it would be something that I 'personally' think could be a good deal for both, if we were to get cash on top, as they would then have the Center Back pairing of Jags and Lescott, and we would have a steady defender, who is also Fellaini's mate, hence keeping Fellaini at Goodison, and have a few quid to buy another player.

It won't happen, but I'd rather it were that, than a straight cash deal for Arsene. Arsenal are probably the team we have best chance of catching.

Apart from the fact that komany is a £25m plus player. City fans would kick off in a major fashion if he left. They wouldn't let him go for £40m.

Edited by Hafnia

-I don't think City consider seeing one of the five best centre backs in the world leave their club in exchange for a player that's "three times" worse "a good deal". (wink.png)

-We'll never be able to match his £120.000 a week wages

-Unless Kompany has no ambition to win anything at all, he won't want to come to us even if we could match his wages

is he one of the best 5 in the world? he's good but i don't see the massive hype myself

Yes, he is. The other four are Nemanja Vidic, Thiago Silva, Gerard Piqué and Ricardo Carvalho. That's a fact by the way.

Edited by Steve_E