IGNORED

If We Lose Baines

Well first off, they probably wouldn't, as he is probably their most consistent player, but it would be something that I 'personally' think could be a good deal for both, if we were to get cash on top, as they would then have the Center Back pairing of Jags and Lescott, and we would have a steady defender, who is also Fellaini's mate, hence keeping Fellaini at Goodison, and have a few quid to buy another player.

It won't happen, but I'd rather it were that, than a straight cash deal for Arsene. Arsenal are probably the team we have best chance of catching.

Dave? wub.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you think he's better than puyol, chiellini and lucio? hell i'd even say carragher was better..really don't see the fuss with him

Far better. Especially than Chiellini who can't pass for shit and has had one of the shittiest seasons of his career I believe. Kompany is by far the best centre back in the world with the ball at his feet. He's strong, he's got pace, he's got a great tackle... With City playing Champions League this season, I believe it's just a matter of time before the whole of Europe acknowledges that. Most English pundits already do too.

He's a top defensive midfielder too. Talented player. Not gonna get into who's better than who debate. You can pick a variety of stats and examples to support or disagree. All I can say is I can't think of many 'clearly' better.

Pique? Good ball player, defender? Haven't seen anything that makes me think vidic esque

Far better. Especially than Chiellini who can't pass for shit and has had one of the shittiest seasons of his career I believe. Kompany is by far the best centre back in the world with the ball at his feet. He's strong, he's got pace, he's got a great tackle... With City playing Champions League this season, I believe it's just a matter of time before the whole of Europe acknowledges that. Most English pundits already do too.

kompany has only played 2 seasons at cb for city aint he? and your argument is that chiellini has had a shit season..if kompany carries on playin well and carries on into the champions league playing well for 4 or 5 years then i will say yeah you're possibly right

I'd say he has the potential to be considered in the top 3 (Kompany) in the future... not sure about right now. I definitely enjoy watching him play. Really, it is subjective, and based on what kind of style of team you'd prefer to have when it comes to talking about "best" players.

Never been great at evaluating defenders to be honest. Reason is I've always been an attack minded player. All I know is that the Only way to get the better if a good old arse is to be a really quick and sharp young arse.

Remember dave Watson giving Owen a master class in it.

<p></p>

<p>At 1st i focused mainly on the text and thought this was a very very random pic/meme of Howard Marks offering Baines a spliff.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

Lol.

Here's the culprit:

llb_tips_1.jpg

Edited by Avinalaff

• 1 month later...

not sure if Moyes would want to take the risk of playing Drenthe at left back on debut but he is a natural left back so I would expect him to be our back up left back generally if Baines is out.

Therefore I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked there this weekend...then again i'd be equally not surprised if Moyes plays someone else there.

garbutt from the sounds of things is making rapid progress, I would be reluctant to see him thrown in at the deep end too early in such a position that relys on a calm mind. Left midfield yes - certainly with a senior player taklking them through the game from the back.

Distin all the way for me, let's play Drenthe in front of him to give their right winger and right back some pace to deal with which should stop them pressing forward too much.

More worried about Fellaini playing up front to be honest, he looked a £5m buy when moyes played him advanced in the first year we had him. Only in deefensive midfield should we even consider him.

Johny in at RB and Neville to LB id say he will go with as he doesnt like to split up Jags and Distin.

Johnny has already come out saying he will never play there again, so dont see it.

garbutt from the sounds of things is making rapid progress, I would be reluctant to see him thrown in at the deep end too early in such a position that relys on a calm mind. Left midfield yes - certainly with a senior player taklking them through the game from the back.

Distin all the way for me, let's play Drenthe in front of him to give their right winger and right back some pace to deal with which should stop them pressing forward too much.

More worried about Fellaini playing up front to be honest, he looked a £5m buy when moyes played him advanced in the first year we had him. Only in deefensive midfield should we even consider him.

completely agree mate with Garbutt mate, but Felli got 10 goals in the 1st stint as striker. I dont like it either but he is a tall target, awkward to mark etc. Agree that he should only really be played as CDM and that Vellios / Denis should start there ahead.

Johnny has already come out saying he will never play there again, so dont see it.

completely agree mate with Garbutt mate, but Felli got 10 goals in the 1st stint as striker. I dont like it either but he is a tall target, awkward to mark etc. Agree that he should only really be played as CDM and that Vellios / Denis should start there ahead.

Just think we need felli playing deeper to influence the game where he is best, would sooner see Billy playing just behind Dennis, given the height of Den it could be knock downs galore for Billy to rifle a few in - something we know he can do.

Just think we need felli playing deeper to influence the game where he is best, would sooner see Billy playing just behind Dennis, given the height of Den it could be knock downs galore for Billy to rifle a few in - something we know he can do.

Spot on. For me Fellaini needs to string a few more games together in his role before we'll see the best of him and to think of the youth we have available in the positions with spaces, it would be criminal to shift it around to accomodate the 'best 11' theory.

Imagine how some of the young lads must feel if the senior players start playing out of position due to a lack of bodies, whilst you're sitting on the bench, primed and waiting for an opportunity to shine. It must be a little gutting!