IGNORED

Pre-Season: Werder Bremen (Away)

adamsmith69

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not watching it and, by the sounds of it, I'm having alucky escape.

Yeah, this squad should definitely be kept as it is with no fresh faces. Makes perfect sense.

I am actually getting depressed watching this... Absolutely dominated.

The squad is good enough but the discipline and work ethic in this team has been shocking. The back 4, especially the 2 CB's look like they have never played together.

We play a decent side and we're shown up for what we are, a sub-standard team who lack ideas and anything resembling balance.

I'm not surprised in the slightest, because nothing has changed from last season. The manager has no new ideas or ways of thinking and we have the same players as we did last season.

We play a decent side and we're shown up for what we are, a sub-standard team who lack ideas and anything resembling balance.

I'm not surprised in the slightest, because nothing has changed from last season. The manager has no new ideas or ways of thinking and we have the same players as we did last season.

Couldnt agree more... That was pathetic, if the scoreline was 3/4-0 it wouldnt have flattered them. Our best chance of scoring was Baines.

The least I expect is that we are drilled and hard working, but we were all over the place. That was as bad as I have ever seen us play. We do that against Spurs and we could be looking at a new record for Moyes on the first day of the season.

That wasnt very confident second half. It looked like our workmorale were somewhere else than this game, and we just did let them have the ball. We didnt get true pressure on them and theyre players were much better up on it. They wanted to work hard and they did a lot runs to empty spots and ofc got passes to there aswell. Our team defence sucked truly second half. We just didnt want to chase their players or the ball at all. That also caused that our attacks were really lame, cause when we got the ball, no1 werent ready to attack, and its really pissing me off to see those stupid hoofballs on game like this, for a single attacker up there who even aint ready. Well we should have some easier opponent at last preseason game, but no, we play vs Villareal. Secong half we couldnt catch a break at first 20min so The thing that Barkley went missing aint his fault.

Edited by LexKing

Only saw the second half and have to say we were hopeless. The only thing we did well was absorb pressure, which isn't alot of good if you can't couter quickly which on that evidence we clearly can't.

Hope to see a big improvement on that against Villareal as I don't think getting beaten and outplayed in our final 2 games before the start of the season will do our hopes of a good start any good.

Anyone know why Rodwell hasn't been playing? I am really hopeing he isn't about to be sold. Rodwell and Barkley in Midfield would be immense IMO.

From what I saw we lacked creativity and fluidity - Jags looked solid in 2nd half.

Lets not forget this was a pre-season friendly away to a very good team who we probably didn't do as much research on as if it were a 'competitive' game.

Hopefully we'll put on a better show at home on fri...

Mucha/Distin on their goal was a little cringeworthy!!!

I would be happy if Jags goes for a fiver 2moro, so i'd never have to see him next to Distin again. Worst partnership ever, i'd rather Hibbert fill in, than play them both together. Hopefully Moyes was jus playing round with the midfield because a premiership team would have -> uspiss.gif

In that case your a fool

Opinion based on how shite him and Distin play together. If you think he performs well enough to command a fee when playing alongside Distin you're either blind or the type of person who thinks a pirate would win in a fight with a ninja.

Edited by pete0

Last night was the first I've seen the lads play during the pre-season, and it leaves me very concerned.

We don't seem to be keeping any shape.

The team isn't working as a unit and the term 'headless chickens' springs to mind.

If you watch the top teams, they all maintain an amount of positional discipline. If they lose the ball, they're right back on top of things, and when they have the ball, they have a logical approach going forward.

I don't see any of that about Everton at the moment. It could have been eleven fans on the pitch last night, as such was the cluelessness of the display.

I know we have a few injuries, but it's time to get the midfield right once and for all.

Edited by Avinalaff

Coleman runs out of ideas the minute he is challenged. I think he has a lot of developing to do before he can be categorized.

I had him in my fantasy team last year and he scored good points as a defender, but now he has been classed as a midfiekder, so I think he will score a lot less.

i know its only pre season but our performances must be worrying moyes,we dont seem to have anything up front,the good points are,barkley,baines.jags,distin you know these four normally will perform but the rest are hit n miss,arteta is injured but whats the score on felli and rodwell are they up for sale or what ive heard nothing.

ps i know you all love heitinga but he just doesnt look interested.

The thing that worries me more, is that Moyes & Round dont seem too concerned. The players keep saying 'good run out' etc etc but it was really poor!

Based on that performance though none of the team looked interested (maybe only Barkley, Coleman & Vellios), so it certainly wasnt just Heitinga. In fact I thought Heitinga was 'alright' last night and there were a lot or other poorer performances, namely Cahill.

Last night was the first I've seen the lads play during the pre-season, and it leaves me very concerned.

The team isn't working as a unit and the term 'headless chickens' springs to mind.

If you watch the top teams, they all maintain an amount of positional discipline. If they lose the ball, they're right back on top of things, and when they have the ball, they have a logical approach going forward.

I don't see any of that about Everton at the moment. It could have been eleven fans on the pitch last night, as such was the cluelessness of the display.

I know we have a few injuries, but it's time to get the midfield right once and for all.

Couldnt agree more. I watched Osman, Cahill and Barkley a couple of times specifically when Bremen had the ball, and at no point did they try and get goal side of the Bremen player they should have been marking. They let them run straight through and it overloaded the defence. There was no pressure on the ball whatsoever either.

I don't think Coleman has got the skill to play wide right. If he can't beat his man on pace, he's got no clue what to do. Though he might be our best option in that position if Arteta isn't fit.

It might not be his best position but he is better there than everyone else. If Bale is fit for Spurs in our 1st game you can bet Coleman will be playing RM.

It may be the Moyes way though, pegs, holes and various shapes me thinks.

It may be the Moyes way though, pegs, holes and various shapes me thinks.

It usually is and it's one of my gripes with him. He'll play numerous players out of position just fit them all in the same side, and it makes it impossible for the side to have any balance.

I like players in their natural positions.