IGNORED

What do we need?

Zed

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, cant believe people are still thinking that a change of manager is what we need in order to progress, we need to back the current man who has done wonders

As I said in the opening post, realistically what do we need?

A winger is a good call I think and I would love to see what coleman could do as a right back with a winger in front

Good point, a little bit like owning a dog. Treated with care very loyal and rewarding pets, treat them rubbish and they will bite everything that comes their way. A good deterrent for a bad owner I think.

Comparing you to a dog is apt.

If you two are going to bicker in every single thread and clog them up I'm just going to start deleting your posts.

I'm sure I'm not the only one getting sick to death of your pettiness.

So I'm asking you politely to shut, the, fuck, up.

I'm absolutely fine with getting on the way that I have for the past 7 years, no issues. However if I continue to face personal insults, or have to read shite regarding the intelligence of people who I share a common interest with I will speak out.

I try to remain relevant and balanced but the continual nonsense of pax (Latin meaning peace, ironically) means I have had to not only focus on everton, but continual irritation from someone who in my humble opinion does not support the club like many on here, and instead uses the forum to try and belittle others. Personally I'm content to do one for a good while till he gets bored or booted off, sitting in a conservatory at the moment with the mrs and co, don't need this shite.

from someone who in my humble opinion does not support the club like many on here,

I simply have to ask, how on earth could you form such an opinion? You know absolutely nothing about me?

Edited by pax

Ah shit, I've been imagining the personal insults you've been throwing his way.

Coming from a person who called me a dick head a few mins ago and then decided to lock the thread? How ironic.

Edited by pax

I'm not denying I've called you a dick head though.

And just for good measure, I think you're dick head.

I'd get you're own house in order if i were you.

And just for good measure. I think you're a dick head.

Edited by pax

Noobie, only been here a few weeks.

So we all agree we need a winger, with pace.

Can we think of anyone?

And who we bump out to raise the funds?

It seemed so simple at the end of last season - okay we've got no budget, we're use to that, but we've got players we can sell to raise funds...

Vaughan - we got rid quickly and got a fair price if the reported £2.5m is true

Yobo - the turks haggled and their dodgy past has come back to bite them on the arse anyway

Yak - surely Leicester or West Ham would have him? Evidently not...

Bily - he could be easily replaced for a natural winger and he may command a decent price but...?

Heitinga - can we afford to have back-up of this quality when we've got other positions that desperately need strengthening - obviously we do!

Above is around £20m worth of assets we could cope without with wages on top. For whatever reason we've only shifted one of the above and that being the lowest paid and probably the lowest value asset.

By not selling one of our more valuable assets it has meant we have missed out on what I believe to be our number 1 target N'Zogbia, so what's plan B? Who knows? I hope Moyes does but I have my doubts...

Anyway without selling we'll be lucky to pick up someone on-loan - it worked with Arteta and Pienaar but they were out in the limbo - I can only think of Bentley/Bellamy/SWP who are in a similar situation to these but would Spurs/City allow us to take these on an initial loan? Would we want them?

Hearing about Leon from Madrid kind of made sense on-loan but would he come? Or is Holtby available on-loan or is he going to get a crack a Schalke this season?

Basically there are still players out there, it'd be a lot easier if we could shift a few of our fringe players but we'll see...

Which leaves me with a famous EFC current era quote "Watch this space..."

Rodwell is the one I'd cash in on to fund our summer (provided Fellaini definitely stays). I feel he's the one we'd miss least of the players we could sell for big money.

The problem is, either Moyes doesn't want to sell or there's no one interested at the price we're looking for.

The one I wouldn't mind losing not from that list is Arteta - if we could still get £12m from Spain then I think we could bring in 2 natural wingers either perm or on-loan.

I think Rodwell and Barkley have to be seen as our future central midfield duo/ trio if we can keep Fellaini too. Rodwell/Barkley can be our Scholes/Butt for the next 10 seasons - I think it'd be great to see them progress through the ranks together.

The one I wouldn't mind losing not from that list is Arteta - if we could still get £12m from Spain then I think we could bring in 2 natural wingers either perm or on-loan.

I think Rodwell and Barkley have to be seen as our future central midfield duo/ trio if we can keep Fellaini too. Rodwell/Barkley can be our Scholes/Butt for the next 10 seasons - I think it'd be great to see them progress through the ranks together.

I'd completely forgot about Arteta huh.png .

http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2011/08/07/tactical-season-preview-201112/

Pretty interesting tactical analysis in this article. As much as we all would love atleast one natural winger it is looking increasingly unlikely we will see one arriving in this window, this article looks at some formations that will play to our strengths with the squad as it is at the moment. I agree with using the full backs to give us width as I think we have 2 of the best attacking fullbacks in the prem in Coleman and Baines. I think the general consensus is that Coleman is not strong enough defensively yet to play right back, but I think with our defensive strength in centre mid with Felliani and Rodwell, we have the cover to give both fullbacks a licence to attack.