IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers (home)

Bill

i'd prefer anichebe there before rodwell cos he is just dogwank on the right and it's stifling his development!! i'd prefer puttin osman back there before rodwell too cos osman did FUCK all in the centre yesterday so couldn't have been worse

Osmans worst performance in a long time yesterday - the amount of times he gave the ball away was very uncharacteristic.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes admitted his side didn't do enough to win - but still felt they were unfortunate to not claim a draw.

^Hate if when Moyes comes out with this sort of bullshit, we didn't deserve to draw at all we deserved to be beaten and beaten we were.

We have so many problems its embarrassing and what worries me is that we can't even beat a poor QPR side at home, I thought that this season would be easier for us seeing as our first two games were against QPR and Sheffield so we could have two wins under our belt and get momentum early. As it happens I'm not that optemistic about the Carling Cup tie now.

Just a few points I remember that pissed me off;

Why does Arteta think he's the best free-kick taker/corner kick taker when he can't get it over the wall and can't get it past the first man from a corner. I remember one time it was actually Barkley who took a corner for us and did much better. Similarly Baines smashes the bar and could have put us 1-0 and gets a free-kick in almost the same place at the other end of the field and gets told to just 'stand over it'

Cahill seems to think that because he was arguably our best player that he still is where in fact he is part of the deadwood that we could probably cash in. He was appalling today in every single way and didn't add a single thing to the team. His miss from about 0.1232432 yards out was unforgivable considering that Paddy Kenny was miles away. If a professional football can't head a ball into an empty net then he shoulden't be on the field.

And probably the thing the thing that pisses me off the most is that Moyes has no ambition. Playing 4-5-1 against QPR is shocking. After getting bounced against Bolton (who are equally as shit) then they would have been easy targets for a 5-0/6-0 win for us, yet we played Beckford up front on his own and don't even give him the ball. We go 1-0 and take him off....

We should start playing 4-4-2 as Beckford is only effective if he has someone to work with, the number of times that someone would make a brilliant run towards the box and then turn around to find a pass was embarrasing. Osman/Cahill/Arteta all had chances to put in a shot but instead passed out to the wings for no fucking reason and this was a tactic that QPR quickly got used to.

Shameful.

New players is the key, not only to freshen up the team but to give the players like Cahill and Arteta a kick up the arse.]

Also top debut from Barkley, impressed by him a lot.

Still dont know where to start with this. I dont know what the worst problem with our team was, because we had so many. I suppose I will go from the start. WTF was Moyes thinking with his starting line-up, in fact why the fuck didnt any of his backroom staff give him an earful for picking that team? Surely there is one person in the set up that can tell Rodwell is & will never be a RM or that Beckford shouldnt be asked to lead the line by himself, or that Cahill is now a hinderance and not a help, or that Distin & Jags are one of the worse CB pairings I have seen at the club for some time?

We started yesterday with 7 defensive players, 3 central midfielders and one striker at home to a very poor QPR team? I dont mind us playing 4-5-1 but it has to be done with attacking intent, with attack minded players. Im with Romey, if the players are available to sit on the bench then they are fit enough to start. Fellaini played 60mins against Villareal in what would have been a very tiring game, yet he isnt fit enough to do the same against QPR which would have been a walk in the park for him? Im not buying that at all. We have to stop shoe-horning people into postions they shouldnt be playing. If Heitinga isnt good enough for CB, or Rodwell good enough to play centrally then sell them and get someone who can play them positions. Versatility is a good thing, but it is only successful if the player has the ability to play well in the unfavoured positions. Otherwise we might as well play Yobo and RW! tongue.png

To provide a bit of balance, we did actually start quite brightly and QPR did look a bit taken aback, but as soon as they found there feet, we didnt really trouble them too much. It also goes to show how poor our defence is when they only had one spell of pressure, which caused us a couple of problems and they scored from it. They actually got more people into advanced positions in that move than we did all game.

The bit that pissed me off the most was that it took 55ish minutes to get our first sub on. 1-0 down to QPR and we dont look good and it takes that long to try and change the game. Then to really take the piss we take off our only striker and bring on a fucking defensive midfielder. So at that point we had 7 defensive players with 4 central midfielder on one pitch? Are you fucking kidding me? Is it any surprise that we didnt create too many good opportunities from then on?! For the record I would have had no problems for Felli coming on, but only as a like for like for Heitinga. Fellaini could have single handedly ran that midfield allowing the others get forward, but to play him off Cahill (I almost put off the striker, but we didnt have one!) was disgraceful. Then to take the piss to the far extreme we bring Saha on at around the 70+ minute mark (about time) and drop Cahill to a deeper role in midfield and not Fellaini?!?! At that point the rest of the midfield were all over the place, no idea who was meant to be where and the game petered out with very few opportunities.

Our best players was easily Barkley, he looked really sharp, and looked as if he wanted to take the game to QPR while the others sat back and watched. Baines did well, so did Distin, and I actually thought Osman was doing alright in the first half, but got much worse as the game went on.

For the Sheffield game, I would haul a lot of these players off and get players in that actually give a toss.

I also agree with people who are saying we have to freshen up. I still think we have a squad capable to achieving something, but we cant go through the season with central players on the wing so it has to be a priority. I will probably get slated for this, but get SWP in on loan. He might be a bit of a headless chicken at times, but at least he has pace and will take players on. At the end of the day, he will be a mildly better version of Coleman which is about as good as we can get right now.

I really wish we would stop playing players out of position, I don't remember the last time I saw an Everton team where all 11 players were playing in there favoured position. I realise we have a pretty small squad and players occasionally need to cover but it just seems to me like Moyes picks his favourite 11 players then finds a way to play them all in the same team. On saturday we had 2 Centre Mids playing on the wings, a centre back playing in centre mid, at one point we had no strikers on the pitch with 2 centre mids playing upfront, its no wonder the players look like they know what they should be playing when I am not sure the manager really does.

Moyes obviously favors playing 5 in the midfield with 1 up top, wich I agree with as its clear upfront is our weakest area and centre mid is our strongest ( it makes sense to ply to your strengths ) but at the moment we just appear to have no shape and no clue. This might seem abit ideallistic but why not have a first 11 and a second 11 using the same formation so any injuries or suspensions we have a like-for-like replacement ready to step in rather than shuffle the whole team to fit the best player in. If both players for one position are injured then choose to shuffle the pack or even better give one of the youngsters a go.

This is how I would see our first XI and second XI

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Felliani

Arteta Cahill Rodwell Bilyaletdinov

Saha

Mucha

Hibbert Heitnga Duffy Garbutt

Neville

Baxter Barkley Osman Gueye

Beckford

No place for Yobo, Yakubu and Anichebe as I feel all could be sold as I would rather give some of the youngsters a chance and get these lot off the wage bill.

Ruined the last day of my honeymoon crying%20smiley.gif hotel with loads of "them from over the park" mad.gif and the head of entertainment was a piss taking shaking%20fist.png manc! Still I suppose I should have known better with it being the first game (for us) of the season and being optimistic as usual....