IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers (home)

Bill

Well well well... We started quite brightly and Cahill has missed a sitter but its the same problems that haunt us again!

The more Cahill drops deep, the more isolated Beckford becomes... Rodwell has done ok but is being wasted out wide (as is Barkley)... The defence has very little protection at all because neither Osman or Heitinga are getting back into position properly (eg Osman was ball watching for their goal, leaving jags a bit stranded - although Jags should be doing much better).

I blame Kenwright tongue.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well well... We started quite brightly and Cahill has missed a sitter but its the same problems that haunt us again!

The more Cahill drops deep, the more isolated Beckford becomes... Rodwell has done ok but is being wasted out wide (as is Barkley)... The defence has very little protection at all because neither Osman or Heitinga are getting back into position properly (eg Osman was ball watching for their goal, leaving jags a bit stranded - although Jags should be doing much better).

I blame Kenwright tongue.png

The goal is 100% Jags fault. He was giving Smith acres of space, he was also defending from the wrong side. Though I guess Howard should have snapped Jags out of it as well cause Jagielka was already standing on Smith's wrong side for a few seconds.

The goal is 100% Jags fault. He was giving Smith acres of space, he was also defending from the wrong side. Though I guess Howard should have snapped Jags out of it as well cause Jagielka was already standing on Smith's wrong side for a few seconds.

Im certainly not saying that Jags shouldnt take the lionshare of fault but if you watch the build up to the goal again, the ball comes out to the QPR player 30yards from goal, Jags gets back into position and Osman starts going back to his, but the ball gets to a different QPR player that Jags has to close down and the space is free behind him where Osman has just ran from. If he had been more positionally aware then he could have helped Jags out a little. Distin & Baines were also marking the same player and one of them should have helped out.

Osman has probably been the best player on the pitch so far for me.

Jags didn't have to close anyone down because Neville was back. He should have just stayed with Smith and there'd never been a goal.

Get Rodwell off. It's getting embarrassing.

Well thats the thing he had got past Neville and given lots of space, so Jags went to close down. Anyway it doesnt matter, Jags was the main culprit and we dont really look like getting back into it.

Hopefully Arteta can add a little spark to our play this second half. Cahill off for Saha next please.

Jags didn't have to close anyone down because Neville was back. He should have just stayed with Smith and there'd never been a goal.

Get Rodwell off. It's getting embarrassing.

Just seen the goal again. And it does look like Nev wasn't doing his job either so you're right about Jagielka having to cover a bit.