IGNORED

Bill Kenwright Blue Union interview

Louis

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you know the club didn't tell them not to publish it? hence why there's a kick off cos they did...

Yeah, 'coz Everton would have kept quiet about that wouldn't they? I think not. They're willing to take banners down etc so I don't think they'd have any qualms whatsoever in destroying the Blue Union interview in the press before it was released if they had indeed told them not to publish it.

Quote from Everton's head of PR:

At the meeting it was requested that there was to be no note taking but an acceptance that a report of the meeting would be released in their own words.

There was no agreement with regards to an audio recording and verbatim transcript.

Yeah, 'coz Everton would have kept quiet about that wouldn't they? I think not. They're willing to take banners down etc so I don't think they'd have any qualms whatsoever in destroying the Blue Union interview in the press before it was released if they had indeed told them not to publish it.

still a presumption...maybe after the banner shit they didn't wanna publicly state about not wanting the interview to go out as it would make them look more dictator like..but then had no choice when it was released

There was nothing in the interview that we didn't already now about the state of the club's finances. Personally, I don't think anyone came out of the interview with their reputation enhanced.

On the one hand, I think that Bill Kenwright should have a better grasp of what is going on. He didn't know what £24m of "other operating costs" were or what the money was spent on. Matt posted that it's not his job to know, but he owns a quarter of the club and should know where a third of the income is going. Equally he should know about the retail partnership with Kitbag. He comes across as more hands-off than I expected.

On the other, those who interviewed Bill Kenwright shouldn't be asking silly questions about the Steinbrenners and allegations of pocketing money. It seemed a bit too confrontational at times too.

Having said that, I think that it's a good thing that the financial situation is now in the open, I don't think the fans should be kept in the dark about that. We've been treading water for a while now and borrow against tv revenue years in advance.

I don't agree with the interview being recorded covertly but I was intrigued reading the interview.

Newspapers are today writing about how Moyes is unhappy about the meeting being leaked, but it was yesterday that the same newspapers printed quotes from the meeting which would have been read all over the country.

Blue Union have denied they broke a confidential agreement, but haven't refuted the meeting was recorded. There's one line in their rebuttal that reads like a threat.

Two days later, the national papers are still talking about it:

Good post

The Blue Union said three days before the release of the interview that they would be releasing it, that gave the club plenty of time to either stop the interview being published if there really was a confidentiality agreement or at least ask to see it before it was published.

But the club did nothing, which says it all.

Haha didnt realise this! doh.gif

would winning really do that much? there's obviously issues at this club a win isn't going to cover...maybe hold people off for a day but sunday is another day for him

Winning might not do too much, but losing would probably have a very negative effect.

For some fans losing is the nudge they need to dissect everything club related, and winning is the thin piece of paper needed to cover the cracks. Fickle.

I just look at the two separate entities, the team as In moyes and co, and the business kenwright and co. One i support, the other I study.

Mixed views on the radio after the game..

It's in the Observer:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/21/said-done-ricardo-teixeira-brazil

PR news

February: Everton chairman Bill Kenwright launches the club's annual report: "The year was underpinned by sensible business management which enabled us to continue to challenge the top four." August, recorded by fans: "Look, we're desperate, I'm desperate"; plus: "The bank are fucking desperate."

On Twitter, ThePeoplesGroup insist there was "no tape".

From The Independent on Sunday:

The honest but indiscreet disclosure by their chairman, Bill Kenwright, that there will be no more borrowing allowed from the club's bankers sent out a message of despair. Fans may conclude from that admission that their own loyal and continued backing is in vain, so badly is the need for new blood in a squad built and rebuilt by the admirable manager, David Moyes.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/rangers-bounce-back-as-everton-suffer-from-lackof-cash-and-ideas-2341327.html