IGNORED

Bill Kenwright Blue Union interview

Louis

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also..would new players want to come?

Exactly. This may have satisfied a few fans but in reality, this could have scuppered any potential deals. After reading that why would new investors want to come and look into Everton? They've just read publically that the clubs a bit of a...welll, mess!?

So well done BU!

Exactly. This may have satisfied a few fans but in reality, this could have scuppered any potential deals. After reading that why would new investors want to come and look into Everton? They've just read publically that the clubs a bit of a...welll, mess!?

So well done BU!

Spot on

No wonder Bill has'nt come out and said something before this emerged

How the fuck could he?

Spot on

No wonder Bill has'nt come out and said something before this emerged

How the fuck could he?

Thing is though, nothing's changed since 2009, it's the third consecutive August were we've borrowed two seasons ahead.. I don't think it'd put off an investor, because there's nothing new in the interview (financially) that wasn't known before it came out.

He still has a voicebox then!

thats what i thought! laugh.png you can almost picture him on a the side of stage behind the curtain, not ready to come on but shoved out and told to ad-lib!

edit: shit, thats a bit cynical isnt it!? you lot must be getting to me :P

Edited by Matt

So well done BU!

I agree that there is some stuff that shouldnt have been released, but to be fair to the BU it should never have been said in the first place. Things like the 4 'untouchables' and the Moyes situation should never have been discussed, especially if they were looking to make the details public.

I dont think any of the actual financial stuff would have scuppered any deals though, its not like they wouldnt find out about this stuff. IMO it weakens our position with other football clubs (and the players themselves) as they know now that bar 4 players everyone has a price.

There wasnt that much in there that we didnt already know tbh.

thats what i thought! laugh.png you can almost picture him on a the side of stage behind the curtain, not ready to come on but shoved out and told to ad-lib!

edit: shit, thats a bit cynical isnt it!? you lot must be getting to me tongue.png

Haha I had to read the name of the poster again to make sure I saw it right! lol

If there was a confidentiality agreement in writing, then there was a confidentiality agreement in writing in which case the BU boys might be in a spot of bother. If not, well, good luck with the suit Bill. From what's in the statement on the official site there is no indication that anything was in writing. It really sounds like Bill either believed there was a gentleman's agreement, or that he's a bit out to lunch. Even if he believed there was an unwritten agreement it still beggars belief that he'd reveal this kind of information without written guarantees. The whole handling of this situation from first to last puts a bit of a cloud over tomorrow. Hopefully the lads can blow it off with a performance. Next week should be interesting.

Explain to me in what way this has helped Everton football club. Bottom line is these 3 dickheads have taken it upon them selves to represent all Everton fans by embarrassing the chairman and the club and that's a negative not a positive. You speak for your selves you counter-productive twats because you don't represent me.

Explain to me in what way this has helped Everton football club. Bottom line is these 3 dickheads have taken it upon them selves to represent all Everton fans by embarrassing the chairman and the club and that's a negative not a positive. You speak for your selves you counter-productive twats because you don't represent me.

They certainly don't represent me either, though notice I didn't have to swear to get my point across? Grammar%20Police.gif

* Cleaning Everton boards up since 1887 biggrin.png

There was nothing in the interview that we didn't already now about the state of the club's finances. Personally, I don't think anyone came out of the interview with their reputation enhanced.

On the one hand, I think that Bill Kenwright should have a better grasp of what is going on. He didn't know what £24m of "other operating costs" were or what the money was spent on. Matt posted that it's not his job to know, but he owns a quarter of the club and should know where a third of the income is going. Equally he should know about the retail partnership with Kitbag. He comes across as more hands-off than I expected.

On the other, those who interviewed Bill Kenwright shouldn't be asking silly questions about the Steinbrenners and allegations of pocketing money. It seemed a bit too confrontational at times too.

Having said that, I think that it's a good thing that the financial situation is now in the open, I don't think the fans should be kept in the dark about that. We've been treading water for a while now and borrow against tv revenue years in advance.

I don't agree with the interview being recorded covertly but I was intrigued reading the interview.

Newspapers are today writing about how Moyes is unhappy about the meeting being leaked, but it was yesterday that the same newspapers printed quotes from the meeting which would have been read all over the country.

Blue Union have denied they broke a confidential agreement, but haven't refuted the meeting was recorded. There's one line in their rebuttal that reads like a threat.

Two days later, the national papers are still talking about it:

I know it seems a bit underhand ( if its true there was an agreement that it not be recorded ) but we all need to know whats going on at the club , i appluad anyone who is trying to get answers from this joke of a board and the way they've treated the fans with their stoney silence lends creedence to this .

There have been so many lie's or mis-truths from BK and the board over the years that to record the interview must have seemed like the only thing to do to cover their own backs .

Its horrible that its come to this but dont see an alternative , we need answers !!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenwright said Fucking 3 times. It's not Fucking Sunday school mate if swearing offends you it must be hard work going the match

Ahhh, but you said the T word. That's very very naughty with a big nuh. wink.png Go sit in the naughty corner. smile.png

I'll be passing leaflets around Gwladys St asking them to behave also. They really are a bad example on our young players. No wonder poor Joseph wants away. The league should supply our heroes with earplugs. They jolly well didn't need to wear them in my day young man. Football fans had manners back then. doh.gif

The Blue Union said three days before the release of the interview that they would be releasing it, that gave the club plenty of time to either stop the interview being published if there really was a confidentiality agreement or at least ask to see it before it was published.

But the club did nothing, which says it all.

The Blue Union said three days before the release of the interview that they would be releasing it, that gave the club plenty of time to either stop the interview being published if there really was a confidentiality agreement or at least ask to see it before it was published.

But the club did nothing, which says it all.

Nail on the head. If it was man united etc there would be men in black suits paying visits, gagging orders etc etc, it reaffirms the incompetency of the club. The best they can do is influence the local journos or throw people out the club for having banners.

Show me a gentlemans agreement and I'll show you a £4m player off to Newcastle on a free.

To me this is all like a 10 year being told there is no Santa by their mum and dad. They've been told by their mates but didn't want to believe it, they've seen things being hidden in the attic but chose to ignore. Me? I stopped believing a good while ago and the kids who still believe in him need their heads shoving down the toilet.

I firmly believe what gets measured gets attended to, it's out in the open now, everton not only have a financial problem but a leadership one also.Trust me there are people out there, non evertonians who would be loathe to see a club of our standing join the likes of Leeds, forest, Sheffield wed. I find some of the soundbites refreshing, people recognise the passion of the fans, the desire for winning not just existing, ffs I think some people for a time believed there was only one club in Liverpool! Well the voices of the disgruntled are now being heard. The incompetence running of the club is exposed, I feel the best piece of club sale advertisement has been done.

There was nothing in the interview that we didn't already now about the state of the club's finances. Personally, I don't think anyone came out of the interview with their reputation enhanced.

On the one hand, I think that Bill Kenwright should have a better grasp of what is going on. He didn't know what £24m of "other operating costs" were or what the money was spent on. Matt posted that it's not his job to know, but he owns a quarter of the club and should know where a third of the income is going. Equally he should know about the retail partnership with Kitbag. He comes across as more hands-off than I expected.

On the other, those who interviewed Bill Kenwright shouldn't be asking silly questions about the Steinbrenners and allegations of pocketing money. It seemed a bit too confrontational at times too.

Having said that, I think that it's a good thing that the financial situation is now in the open, I don't think the fans should be kept in the dark about that. We've been treading water for a while now and borrow against tv revenue years in advance.

I don't agree with the interview being recorded covertly but I was intrigued reading the interview.

Newspapers are today writing about how Moyes is unhappy about the meeting being leaked, but it was yesterday that the same newspapers printed quotes from the meeting which would have been read all over the country.

Blue Union have denied they broke a confidential agreement, but haven't refuted the meeting was recorded. There's one line in their rebuttal that reads like a threat.

Two days later, the national papers are still talking about it:

not really sure why he's upset, that meeting was between Kenwright and the BU, its got nothing to do with Moyes and the fact Moyes has stayed silent all summer, then speaks to condem certain fans, who are only trying to find out whats going on

Moyes needs to remind himself he is being paid £70k a week to run a football team and perform transfer miracles. Let's leave the being disappointed to the fans who pay a days wages to go the match with their kids.

Personally I'm ultra annoyed with him. He is the 5th highest paid manager in the league and he makes a statement that top ten will be difficult?

In the same article he states that he likes working for bill and many managers aren't happy working for their chairmen?

Hmmmm let me see.... Employed for past ten years on a top salary, probably coined about £20m plus, no money = less expectations, perfect!!! Where do I get one of those jobs?

I am a moyes fan overall, he has many failings but the pros outweigh the cons, without him this club would be in the championship or worse. However he is on a ridiculous amount of money at a cash strapped club. For him to make statements like he has is bad, it is like sitting at a table eating a full roast dinner whilst your kids are eating a sausage roll. Just get the team right Davie

Edited by Hafnia