IGNORED

Barkley: was it the right time to take him off?

Hafnia

For me the most important player since rooney. Was worried when moyes highlighted he made mistakes last week. For me it wasn't the fact he was subbed, it was the timing and the clear lack of arm around his shoulder. His substitution highlighted his error for me and was poor management. Another 15 mins would have been ok.

The lad will do well to come back from this, I know only too well how he feels.

I'm not particularly fond of the way Moyes treats players differently when they mess up/play poorly tbh. Arteta, Saha, Jagielka, Cahill (just off the top of my head) have had a lot of stinkers and Moyes doesn't say a word in the press, but I remember last season he highlighted Coleman's mistakes in the press, and Beckford's.

It seems as though Moyes has his favourites and I don't like that.

That being said, Barkley probably could have been yanked at half-time because I thought he'd had a poor first 45 minutes.

There was no reason to sub him.

The lad is finding his feet, and must learn that everybody makes mistakes, but it's not the end of the world.

For me, our play was poor today, because of a lack of discipline, inspiration, and creativity. When you play Blackburn you must dominate midfield, and we were dominated.

Barkley made an error, but ran back to the area to rectify it. Where were the defenders that are supposed to be defending that area?

Bad decision. Moyes should have ensured the midfield could handle Blackburn, and didn't.

Bad management today.

I disagree, he made three poor mistakes in the space of a minute (or less), the fact of who he is/ what he can do is irrelevant, others would have been slated. You're playing, you take it. Through the game the expectation on the kid was immense and only brought on by oursleves, when it fails to deliver who do we blame? I agree with Moyes on his substitution not to save the lad but as a learning curve.

So if the lad is off because he makes mistakes, why are other players , such as Jags, still on?

So you keep him on and he makes another mistake, how exactly is this going to help Ross? Moyes was protecting him by taking him off, he done brilliant last 2 games but he was shocking today and its part of the learning curve for him, leaving him on as feed for the sharks is not going to help him.

As for Jags, you would get no arguements from me, i would drop him from the nearest high building

For me the most important player since rooney. Was worried when moyes highlighted he made mistakes last week. For me it wasn't the fact he was subbed, it was the timing and the clear lack of arm around his shoulder. His substitution highlighted his error for me and was poor management. Another 15 mins would have been ok.

Then it seems Moyes does not have the top man-management skills, some players need an arm round the shoulder, others I feel need a slap, Barkley did need an arm around the shoulder and a '' well done today son, learn from this''. Don't know what the hell Moyes was up to not doing it.

Which is 4 more than 2...What a great Maths teacher you are sir. I've learnt a lot today. I will emphasise the fact i'd already told you we were going to disagree, and I was right. I'm right. Ten's always right biggrin.png

Err ok! You get 1 for logic and 1 for 1 for your arguement, that makes 2. Congrats your as bad as Barkley was today

For me we were getting closer to going one down, we were under quite a bit of pressure and we needed to make a change.

Im pretty sure that he will have made Ross know he needed to make a change and it was just that he chose him.

He was a bit naive in giving the ball away an giving the penalty away but I'm sure he will make more mistakes, if he learns from them he will become a very good player.

No one has the slightest clue what moyes said to Ross after the game away from the cameras and the worlds press.

I must say, right after he gave the penalty away I was hoping one of the senior players or the captain would have had a little word in his ear or arm round the shoulder. I didn't see that, disappointed.

Edited by StevO

For me we were getting closer to going one down, we were under quite a bit of pressure and we needed to make a change.

Im pretty sure that he will have made Ross know he needed to make a change and it was just that he chose him.

He was a bit naive in giving the ball away an giving the penalty away but I'm sure he will make more mistakes, if he learns from them he will become a very good player.

No one has the slightest clue what moyes said to Ross after the game away from the cameras and the worlds press.

I must say, right after he gave the penalty away I was hoping one of the senior players or the captain would have had a little word in his ear or arm round the shoulder. I didn't see that, disappointed.

what he said :)

Ive read what everyone has said but lets not forget Moyes had wanted to take him of in the last game which was his 1st 90 mins in over a year. I reckon he was due to be taken off anyway so dont see the problem. The kid looks like being quite a player and if im honest i dont like all the attention hes getting, just because it'l encourage bids for him!

Moyes gave him a big pat on the back as he took him off.

"The lad will do well to come back from this..." - possibaly the biggest over the top, ridiculous thing I've ever read on this site and I'm a big fan of dave's posts!!! ohmy.png

Moyes gave him a big pat on the back as he took him off.

"The lad will do well to come back from this..." - possibaly the biggest over the top, ridiculous thing I've ever read on this site and I'm a big fan of dave's posts!!! ohmy.png

I think your comment as being one of the biggest over the top statements is one of the biggest over the top statements.

I've played under a manager who did something similar to a lad after a hand ball in the box and he was distraught. This was amateur football and his confidence was shot for a good while. Didnt want the ball, nothing.

He could and should have given him an extra 20 mins, his sheherds crook was that of a manager who could see the team was on the ropes and doing it at the time made Barkley look like he was the reason. Do well to recover? Yes he will. Moyes timing of the substitution stuck out like a bull dogs plums.

Other way round mate, Barkley ran up to Howie

There was no special attention given to anybody. Various players went to congratulate Howard, including Barkley. First Neville, then Jags, Heitinga, Fellaini, Baines, and then Barkley. Howard did pat his head in a 'no worries' manner, and Barkley half hugged him, in a 'cheers' kind of way, but it was no ceremony by any means. I only know this because I have just watched the highlights. smile.png

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/blackburn-everton-motd-15333630/

I think your comment as being one of the biggest over the top statements is one of the biggest over the top statements.

I've played under a manager who did something similar to a lad after a hand ball in the box and he was distraught. This was amateur football and his confidence was shot for a good while. Didnt want the ball, nothing.

He could and should have given him an extra 20 mins, his sheherds crook was that of a manager who could see the team was on the ropes and doing it at the time made Barkley look like he was the reason. Do well to recover? Yes he will. Moyes timing of the substitution stuck out like a bull dogs plums.

Classic rofl.gif

Classic rofl.gif

Classic example of using real life experience to understand how the lad probably felt? And the potential consequences?

Don't dismiss a valid post, which is a considered point of view if you have nothing better to offer than "classic".

Some feel moyes was right, I think it was a decision made at the wrong time.

Classic?