The Blue Union respond

Ian C

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek Hatton (@DegsyHatton)

31/08/2011 23:22

Just for the record, the reason why I set up the meetings with Kenwright and Elstone was because I do believe we need new owners with money.

Derek Hatton (@DegsyHatton)

31/08/2011 23:09

Sad sad day to be an evertonian!! A move towards change is now critical.

Blimey....

I don't get that at all. He followed the first tweet with "sad sad day"....before he sent the other one? Timing issue here

Why are they so 'angry' and why do they need to question the board? I'm confused!? He's sold, get over it.

Didn't see Villa fans wanting to demonstrate to their board when Downing and Young were sold, or Wigan when N'Zogbia was sold, or Arsenal when Nasri and Fabregas were sold...shit happens. It's a transfer window, you'll either get some in or lose some out.

Villa fans demo'd. Player sales and Mcleish coming in.

It does look like they are pilling excuses on, they should just stick to the same reasons they had before, keep fighting for them ones.

I am with them for being angry, not about this sale in particular, just the years of mismanagment that has made us like this.

Why are they so 'angry' and why do they need to question the board? I'm confused!? He's sold, get over it.

Didn't see Villa fans wanting to demonstrate to their board when Downing and Young were sold, or Wigan when N'Zogbia was sold, or Arsenal when Nasri and Fabregas were sold...shit happens. It's a transfer window, you'll either get some in or lose some out.

Some fans only see sales and non purchases as something to react to. Only when they see a player they loved sold do they pay attention to our plight.

Same mentality to the people who draw £100 out of the cash machines repeatedly, ignore the balance and only get irritated when their card is rejected in front of people in asda.

The blue union are using the sale of Arteta to get the numbers behind them. Some are not that short sighted, the sale of arteta is merely a symptom of the state of the club, not the actual problem. I am ok with the sale, absolutely, it's the circumstances that led to the sale and the usual nonsense that has come out after it that is a problem...

Edited by Hafnia

Some fans only see sales and non purchases as something to react to. Only when they see a player they loved sold do they pay attention to our plight.

Same mentality to the people who draw £100 out of the cash machines repeatedly, ignore the balance and only get irritated when their card is rejected in front of people in asda.

The blue union are using the sale of Arteta to get the numbers behind them. Some are not that short sighted, the sale of arteta is merely a symptom of the state of the club, not the actual problem. I am ok with the sale, absolutely, it's the circumstances that led to the sale and the usual nonsense that has come out after it that is a problem...

what, that he wanted to leave when he heard a champions league club were after him?

Villa fans demo'd. Player sales and Mcleish coming in.

It does look like they are pilling excuses on, they should just stick to the same reasons they had before, keep fighting for them ones.

I am with them for being angry, not about this sale in particular, just the years of mismanagment that has made us like this.

Thats my opinion too, stick to what they're known for and try not to get lost in the moment by blaming the board if a bottle of pop goes up 20p at the bars.

Thats fair enough. I just feel that if the deal had have been done two weeks ago (for example), and DM was actually given the whole lot, would they have said anything?

i know he isn't going to be given the whole lot come January, but i fear slating the board for something that happened so quickly and so late on, isn't worth moaning about. We just don't know what would have happened?

what, that he wanted to leave when he heard a champions league club were after him?

Yep, we are a good club like that, whereas Spurs are just nasty pasties who keep players like the £40m Modric against their will on 4 year contracts... we were just unlucky that it happened just before the deadline and Moutinho couldn't be flown in.

It had nothing to do with the fact that the £10m has gone to appease the bank manager - clearly outlined by Kenwright and Moyes.

Yep, we are a good club like that, whereas Spurs are just nasty pasties who keep players like the £40m Modric against their will on 4 year contracts... we were just unlucky that it happened just before the deadline and Moutinho couldn't be flown in.

It had nothing to do with the fact that the £10m has gone to appease the bank manager - clearly outlined by Kenwright and Moyes.

You mean after they refused the inital offer and then the player asked to leave? And that Moyes will (supposedly, will believe it when i see it!) get money in January?

Sorry, but there is no basis to blame the board for this at all.

matt i think he means more the long term effect of the board getting us into a position where a key player wants to leave for CL and where we could really do with the money for a bit of breathing space.

how did the board do this? The players didnt play well enough to get into the CL places. This is another thread im going to have to leave alone otherwise i will be going around in circles again and im bored of it.

It was Moyes decision to sell - 100% believe that, Arteta's request IMO would have played very little part in the process, he is a true pro and isnt the type of player to sulk etc, he loves Everton, that I have no doubt.

The factors involved in that decision would be the £1.2m salary save from now until Jan, the fact he would go for even less in Jan. The fact that we have no money to spend on players etc etc.

The overriding theme here is that we are a club in serious financial trouble - do we blame moyes, arteta, the fans or anyone else for that? Maybe understanding the £24M operating costs may help us to identify where money is leaking to? A times journalist tweeted that Everton is a club whose accounts need scrutiny - I should coco

i mean the decline from a few years back where we were challenging, but due to our poor finances we have been over taken by the likes of villa and spurs.

i agree the players havent played well enough, but we have been unable to strengthen the team up when we were on the fringes of success.

i think if we were challenging for europa league last season then players would want to help push us on.

only my opinion though matt, im very often wrong.

It was Moyes decision to sell - 100% believe that, Arteta's request IMO would have played very little part in the process, he is a true pro and isnt the type of player to sulk etc, he loves Everton, that I have no doubt.

The factors involved in that decision would be the £1.2m salary save from now until Jan, the fact he would go for even less in Jan. The fact that we have no money to spend on players etc etc.

The overriding theme here is that we are a club in serious financial trouble - do we blame moyes, arteta, the fans or anyone else for that? Maybe understanding the £24M operating costs may help us to identify where money is leaking to? A times journalist tweeted that Everton is a club whose accounts need scrutiny - I should coco

Haf, point 1, don't be so blinded or Naive. Even if he was a 'true pro', i'd expect a 'true pro' to have some ambition, and seeing as he's getting a little older, will take any opportunity or chance to play at the highest level. To say it was against his will is silly.

Haf, point 2, stop repeating this in every thread. We understand. Don't keep manipulating it into every scenario.

how did the board do this? The players didnt play well enough to get into the CL places. This is another thread im going to have to leave alone otherwise i will be going around in circles again and im bored of it.

Interesting point you raised there Matt, champions league. We did qualify for that a few years back, one game away from securing a £20m jackpot - the compound benefits of which could have turned our fortunes fantastically. Did Moyes receive any backing to have a real go at them? Missed opportunity for me.

Interesting point you raised there Matt, champions league. We did qualify for that a few years back, one game away from securing a £20m jackpot - the compound benefits of which could have turned our fortunes fantastically. Did Moyes receive any backing to have a real go at them? Missed opportunity for me.

Could also have been a disaster. Bill's problem is that he can't put the cash together to have a real go at breaking the top 4 on a permanent basis but he won't accept that he shouldn't try. Consequently he's spent years making a loss & building up debts chasing something that was never achievable for the money he's thrown at it. As a result, we're now close to financial disaster.

If he'd spent that time building up money-making resources like a stadium or finding a buyer then we wouldn't be in the shit now

Haf, point 1, don't be so blinded or Naive. Even if he was a 'true pro', i'd expect a 'true pro' to have some ambition, and seeing as he's getting a little older, will take any opportunity or chance to play at the highest level. To say it was against his will is silly.

Haf, point 2, stop repeating this in every thread. We understand. Don't keep manipulating it into every scenario.

Point 1 - not naive nor blinded J, it was a business decision - and one that was agreed by Moyes. Did I not make that clear? He was on a long term contract - or do we just give £15m+ deals to players on the understanding that when they decide to be ambitous we will sell them?

Point 2 - whilst a £24m "unconfirmed" operating cost is a major factor in our finances and relevant to the blue union thread I will repeat it as I find appropriate. Is it inadmissable? or does it put you in a bad place that makes you uncomfortable? It's not being manipulated - you maybe would prefer it to be ignored?