IGNORED

The Blue Union respond

Ian C

Point 1 - not naive nor blinded J, it was a business decision - and one that was agreed by Moyes. Did I not make that clear? He was on a long term contract - or do we just give £15m+ deals to players on the understanding that when they decide to be ambitous we will sell them?

Point 2 - whilst a £24m "unconfirmed" operating cost is a major factor in our finances and relevant to the blue union thread I will repeat it as I find appropriate. Is it inadmissable? or does it put you in a bad place that makes you uncomfortable? It's not being manipulated - you maybe would prefer it to be ignored?

Dude, if a player wants to leave. Sell them. There's thousands of Spurs fans who wanted Modric gone because of the way he's been. If Arteta wanted to leave, so be it. Arteta got what he wanted, and the banks got their money. Win/Win. Honestly, don't kid yourself and base every decision as a money one. I agree it helped us in that way but he's openly said that it was for him and his family. It wasn't however a purely business decision.

I know its unaccountable. We know its been unaccounted for. Everyone knows its been unaccounted for. It's like me going into the line-up thread and stating the way we play is significantly down to the fact Kenwright doesn't know where this 24m has gone.

Look im not pro Bill nor am I anti. He's done good things. He's done silly things. But whining about it gets us nowhere. The more hot air people vent without actually doing anything about it, the more pissed off I and many others (Marco, Matt, Mike (sorry to use you guys)) get because it blocks up the site.

As i say, i've registered that its happened. But what can we do about it? BlueUnion are doing their thing and some things have a point, others not. Repeating something a million times won't change what's happened??????

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting point you raised there Matt, champions league. We did qualify for that a few years back, one game away from securing a £20m jackpot - the compound benefits of which could have turned our fortunes fantastically. Did Moyes receive any backing to have a real go at them? Missed opportunity for me.

So then blame Collina. He is the one who prevented us qualifying. If we had spent all that money and still had the goal disallowed we wouldve been in deeper shit than we already are.

Point 2 - whilst a £24m "unconfirmed" operating cost is a major factor in our finances and relevant to the blue union thread I will repeat it as I find appropriate. Is it inadmissable? or does it put you in a bad place that makes you uncomfortable? It's not being manipulated - you maybe would prefer it to be ignored?

Took me a while to find this because I saw it while I was away....and I noticed you didn't comment on it at the time...just interested what you think of what Louis said a couple of weeks back...

"I don't think this "Other Operating Costs" is that bad to be honest. People go on about it, but it's not really a problem. Obviously Bill Kenwright will know the big ones, such as Finch Farm, travel expenses such as flights, coaches, trains, hotel stays etc. I just think the technical header threw him off."

Took me a while to find this because I saw it while I was away....and I noticed you didn't comment on it at the time...just interested what you think of what Louis said a couple of weeks back...

"I don't think this "Other Operating Costs" is that bad to be honest. People go on about it, but it's not really a problem. Obviously Bill Kenwright will know the big ones, such as Finch Farm, travel expenses such as flights, coaches, trains, hotel stays etc. I just think the technical header threw him off."

How did I miss that - classic.

I heard Bill thought it was the cost of getting Arteta's knee sorted - "damn Richard Steadman" he was heard to say in the hidden tape recording

travel and hotels could easily rack up in the millions over the space of a year with the traveling that goes on.

Exactly what will they be protesting about?

The club having no money? - yeah, that could work. doh.gif If the club need money, tell it to get a job.

Seriously though, protesting won't change our bank balance.

Kenwright out? - yeah, that could work too. doh.gif Why not tell the captain of the aeroplane to press the eject button? Have they noticed we don't have any one else to fly the plane?

Has recent events helped the club?

No, it hasn't.

Will a protest help the club?

No, it won't.

Change what you can't accept, and accept what you can't change.

During these difficult times, the club would benefit better by fans showing continued support, and possibly helping to sell the club by positive means, rather than negative. Who wants to buy a struggling club, in the height of a recession, in a money losing business, and inherit a load of demanding insensitive fans in the package?

Rather than have Kenwright out' banners, why not raise banners that will attract potential investors? If you ask me, there's simply not enough naked cheerleaders at half time.

Exactly what will they be protesting about?

The club having no money? - yeah, that could work. doh.gif If the club need money, tell it to get a job.

Seriously though, protesting won't change our bank balance.

Kenwright out? - yeah, that could work too. doh.gif Why not tell the captain of the aeroplane to press the eject button? Have they noticed we don't have any one else to fly the plane?

Has recent events helped the club?

No, it hasn't.

Will a protest help the club?

No, it won't.

Change what you can't accept, and accept what you can't change.

During these difficult times, the club would benefit better by fans showing continued support, and possibly helping to sell the club by positive means, rather than negative. Who wants to buy a struggling club, in the height of a recession, in a money losing business, and inherit a load of demanding insensitive fans in the package?

Rather than have Kenwright out' banners, why not raise banners that will attract potential investors? If you ask me, there's simply not enough naked cheerleaders at half time.

I was all ready to bypass this thread until this post and I just couldnt help myself!

Things can change and they have done at other clubs. Im glad supporters are out there fighting to change the future of this club for the better, because undeniably we are on a downward path at the moment that could get drastically steeper if we are not careful. Just sitting back and not doing anything is worse.

You only have to look at the Kirkby disaster to realise than fan groups make a difference, and KEIOC did a brilliant job of enlightening fans about the real facts of the 'virtually free' stadium.

The fans will always show support to the players, and if they come out and play like they can then Goodison will be rocking. However, there is no way I could continue to back the board given the lack of planning and foresight they have shown.

On the otherhand though, I am fully behind the naked cheerleaders idea! haha

I was all ready to bypass this thread until this post and I just couldnt help myself!

Things can change and they have done at other clubs. Im glad supporters are out there fighting to change the future of this club for the better, because undeniably we are on a downward path at the moment that could get drastically steeper if we are not careful. Just sitting back and not doing anything is worse.

You only have to look at the Kirkby disaster to realise than fan groups make a difference, and KEIOC did a brilliant job of enlightening fans about the real facts of the 'virtually free' stadium.

The fans will always show support to the players, and if they come out and play like they can then Goodison will be rocking. However, there is no way I could continue to back the board given the lack of planning and foresight they have shown.

On the otherhand though, I am fully behind the naked cheerleaders idea! haha

Thanks - saved me going through ahhhhhh lets forget it, you saved me

listening to frank sinatra, happy place.................................................

Do you know how many football clubs have entered administration?

Charlton 1984

Middlesbrough 1986

Tranmere 1987

Newport County 1989

Walsall 1990

Northampton 1992

Kettering 1992

Aldershot 1992

Maidstone 1992

Hartlepool 1994

Barnet 1994

Exeter 1994, 2003

Gillingham 1995

Doncaster 1997

Millwall 1997

Bournemouth 1997, 2008

Darlington 1997, 2009

Chester 1998, 2009

Hereford 1998

Portsmouth 1999, 2010

Crystal Palace 1999, 2010

Oxford Utd 1999

Barrow 1999

Swindon 2000, 2002

Scarborough 2000

Hull 2001

QPR 2001

Chesterfield 2001

Leicester 2002

Barnsley 2002

Carlisle 2002

Notts County 2002

Bury 2002

Bradford 2002

Port Vale 2002

Lincoln City 2002

Swansea City 2002

York 2002

Halifax Town 2002, 2008

Derby 2003

Ipswich 2003

Huddersfield 2003

Oldham 2003

MK Dons 2003

Wimbledon 2003

Wrexham 2004

Cambridge 2005

Crawley Town 2006

Rotherham 2006, 2008

Leeds United 2007

Boston United 2007

Southampton 2008

Luton 2008

Stockport 2009

Salisbury 2009

The list is over 12 months old, so it's possible other clubs may now be on it.