IGNORED

The Blue Union respond

Ian C

my opinion of the Ian Ross comments were that his reply seems more like he is giving a personal opinion rather than a reaction to being abused.

i dont know about anyone else, but im not allowed to publicly give my own opinion on company issues. i am asked my opinion behind closed doors, but publicly and in the face of customers im to give a response that if found to be unprofessional i will be disciplined.

my company is quite a bit larger than everton, and i can be replaced without much fuss, but i think the professional front should be kept up in any form of employment.

Edited by StevO

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my opinion of the Ian Ross comments were that his reply seems more like he is giving a personal opinion rather than a reaction to being abused.

i dont know about anyone else, but im not allowed to publicly give my own opinion on company issues. i am asked my opinion behind closed doors, but publicly and in the face of customers im to give a response that if found to be unprofessional i will be disciplined.

my company is quite a bit larger than everton, and i can be replaced without much fuss, but i think the professional front should be kept up in any form of employment.

Comes a point though when the only way a customer gets the message is by replying above. I have done it myself, there is only so much shit that can be thrown in your direction before someone snaps

Your only seeing half the story, the story the BU wants you to see. How you know what was sent to him? He could have been abused and i dont care who he is or his job, he has a right to reply

It certainly would be interesting and they should have shown the original mail, however an abusive email should be ignored or responded and dealt with professionally. That was not professional. It seems Mr Ross get's very personal and lets his emotions get in the way, he is fuelling the flames.

Yes it does to me, and especially with who its coming from. The abuse he gets constantly is ridiculous

We dont know who it has come from, it just says Joanne.

I know nothing of Ian Ross getting constant abuse to be honest. In the last couple of weeks he has got stick on the internet, but so has most of the club and the players.

If you have anything to show the abuse i'd like to see to be able to form an opinion of it.

But im just giving my view of how I read his replies, as Haf says, in abusive email should be ignored or responded and dealt with professionally.

We dont know who it has come from, it just says Joanne.

I know nothing of Ian Ross getting constant abuse to be honest. In the last couple of weeks he has got stick on the internet, but so has most of the club and the players.

If you have anything to show the abuse i'd like to see to be able to form an opinion of it.

But im just giving my view of how I read his replies, as Haf says, in abusive email should be ignored or responded and dealt with professionally.

Look on any forum mate and stick around for a bit, you will get a Ross abuse thread sooner or later, he shoots from the hip. Fans are happy to dish it out thinking they above getting it back and start crying about it when someone does

yeah a little stick on a forum, you get stick on a forum, so do i. but when your working in the public eye and your role is communication you need to remain professional regardless. i've had customers dish shit out in my direction, but if i reacted like that id be given my cards.

in any job you must remain professional at all times.

thats my last opinion on it, we wont agree, we both have different views, nothign wrong with that. agree to disagree

just never ask me to give you a job leggit.gif

Dont sit on the fence Matt, tell us what you think. blush.png

they just drive me mad! They start with professional statements, sounding reasonable and then bitch like a kid whos getting ignored which to me destroys what little credibility they had left.

Plus, this arrogance where they claim theyre speaking for most Evertonians is incredible. They certainly dont speak for me.

yeah a little stick on a forum, you get stick on a forum, so do i. but when your working in the public eye and your role is communication you need to remain professional regardless. i've had customers dish shit out in my direction, but if i reacted like that id be given my cards.

in any job you must remain professional at all times.

thats my last opinion on it, we wont agree, we both have different views, nothign wrong with that. agree to disagree

just never ask me to give you a job leggit.gif

You couldnt offer me a job i would get out of bed for mate! And if you were that sort of boss i would probably lamp you one for speaking to me like that...nothing personal like

they just drive me mad! They start with professional statements, sounding reasonable and then bitch like a kid whos getting ignored which to me destroys what little credibility they had left.

Plus, this arrogance where they claim theyre speaking for most Evertonians is incredible. They certainly dont speak for me.

Hear Hear, applauds! Agree 100%

You couldnt offer me a job i would get out of bed for mate! And if you were that sort of boss i would probably lamp you one for speaking to me like that...nothing personal like

The sort of boss that expects a Head of Communications to communicate to fans in a professional manner? Everton is an international brand with a turnover of £80m and over £100m in assets. I don't agree with many of the Blue Union's positions but c'mon, it's clear that professionalism is VERY much lacking at Everton.

Edited by Ian C

well i work in a beer bottling factory, and we are looking for a tester. on the side we also do breast feeling, this is an overtime perk. and we pay £1000 per hour. but you just lost the job.

we have all the girls from sky sports news coming in for a feeling on sunday. its gunna be a long day, all on my own!

The sort of boss that expects a Head of Communications to communicate to fans in a professional manner? Everton is an international brand with a turnover of £80m and over £100m in assets. I don't agree with many of the Blue Union's positions but c'mon, it's clear that professionalism is VERY much lacking at Everton.

Nope the sort of boss who expects their employees to just take shit off customers without reprise. Its the old customer is ALWAYS right mantra, which quite frankly is bollocks

well i work in a beer bottling factory, and we are looking for a tester. on the side we also do breast feeling, this is an overtime perk. and we pay £1000 per hour. but you just lost the job.

we have all the girls from sky sports news coming in for a feeling on sunday. its gunna be a long day, all on my own!

If only! I doubt you would be asking for workers though, you would be taking that perk yourself

the constant cliche that comes up to describe BK is the one about a kid with his train set, well i think that sums up the whole club tbh, from BK down to Moyes, he is just about as bad in that he seems only comfortable within his comfort zone ie:4-5-1 and asking him to change is like a big scarey thing that he needs help from the teacher for, the whole club stinks to high heaven like a bag of old skool 90's skunk of nothing but amateurism, its a damm shame to watch such a part of peoples lives fall like this

Nope the sort of boss who expects their employees to just take shit off customers without reprise. Its the old customer is ALWAYS right mantra, which quite frankly is bollocks

Not entirely bollocks. The customer isn't always right, true. But when you have the choice simply to delete their email rather than damage your own personal reputation and that of your employer then you simply delete the bloody email and go back to work.

Ian Ross is a very well paid PR/Communications professional. He should act like one.

in fairness, if the same customer abuses you more than twice, you can sue your company for that. emotional trauma, can get tens of thousands for that.

(recent study of employment law and that was all i bothered to stay awake for)

If only! I doubt you would be asking for workers though, you would be taking that perk yourself

id only want female co-workers for that (bit of les action) but thats negative descrimination.

Edited by StevO

Not entirely bollocks. The customer isn't always right, true. But when you have the choice simply to delete their email rather than damage your own personal reputation and that of your employer then you simply delete the bloody email and go back to work.

Ian Ross is a very well paid PR/Communications professional. He should act like one.

Dont agree, i like the fact he sticks up for himself and that of his company. Shows he at least cares

in fairness, if the same customer abuses you more than twice, you can sue your company for that. emotional trauma, can get tens of thousands for that.

(recent study of employment law and that was all i bothered to stay awake for)

You would get people doing that as well. I detest the suing culture we now live in

Just goes to show the number of fans who prefer to bury their heads right in the sand. Scary. I wonder, do they blame the postman for their credit card bills?

Ah yes, arsenal would have offered £20m for arteta and moyes would have stuck two fingers up at them and we would have got £24m like we did for lescott, silly me!!!

Derek Hatton (@DegsyHatton)

31/08/2011 23:22

Just for the record, the reason why I set up the meetings with Kenwright and Elstone was because I do believe we need new owners with money.

Derek Hatton (@DegsyHatton)

31/08/2011 23:09

Sad sad day to be an evertonian!! A move towards change is now critical.

Blimey....