IGNORED

Channel 4's Dispatches: Cocaine user at Everton?

Hafnia

I know who you meant, the centre back, he played for us a few times. wink.png

I think it's more likely to be a youth player (or a few of them) who were then sold or given to lower division clubs.

Sorry, didn't think he actually got a game.

Edit: I mentioned VDM earlier

Edited by pete0

I'm not saying I know who they are, just my own thoughts smile.png

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Andy Van Der Meyde. He's usually prime candidate, although I imagine he'd have been sacked instantly and the club would have just been looking for an excuse to get rid.

im pretty sure you probably do know Louis, you know most stuff :) but im not going to press you, i reckon its Danny Fox the more i think about it

Fox was labeled as a very promising left back from what i remember, then just vanished and ended up at Walsall? i think it was, who were in the second division and he was young at the time, i remember saying to a friend at the time i was surprised he did'nt go to a league one/championship club

I'm not saying I know who they are, just my own thoughts smile.png

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Andy Van Der Meyde. He's usually prime candidate, although I imagine he'd have been sacked instantly and the club would have just been looking for an excuse to get rid.

Right on cue! Posting as you mention him! - he did have problems with his daughter alongside other problems didn't he.

im pretty sure you probably do know Louis, you know most stuff smile.png but im not going to press you, i reckon its Danny Fox the more i think about it

Fox was labeled as a very promising left back from what i remember, then just vanished and ended up at Walsall? i think it was, who were in the second division and he was young at the time, i remember saying to a friend at the time i was surprised he did'nt go to a league one/championship club

Danny Fox and Anthony Gerarrd both went to Walsall - from there they both went on to better things. Expected more from of them but maybe they just weren't that good as neither have reached Prem level again (SPL doesn't count!)

VDM & JPK are two i would think of. I doubt it would be a youth player who managed to stay in the game. I know a lad who was at Liverpool until 18, failed a drugs test and never managed to get a club after that.

A senior player they would probably try to ship them out, though word would get round clubs and agents fast enough.

Danny Fox and Anthony Gerarrd both went to Walsall - from there they both went on to better things. Expected more from of them but maybe they just weren't that good as neither have reached Prem level again (SPL doesn't count!)

we've had loads of kids with potential, but if one kid makes it per season that is considered a great result.

i always think we expect too much from our young lads, maybe because we've had some real quality come through.