IGNORED

Olympics football

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arthur Berry went on to play for Everton too.. his medals are part of the Everton Collection.

http://www.evertonco...=NODE-EVERTON-7

StevO - Do you think the Olympics football kit should have three stars on ?

If we have three gold medals then i dont see why not, but then it separates football as a sport from the rest of team GB.

But do we do that in each sport? How many sprinting medals do we have? say we have ten gold sprinters medals in history, do they have ten stars?

Swimming we could have 20 stars, them little speedos would end up looking like Kylies hot pants with all them stars.

After a bit of thinking Louis, no. Keep the stars off it.

If we have three gold medals then i dont see why not, but then it separates football as a sport from the rest of team GB.

But do we do that in each sport? How many sprinting medals do we have? say we have ten gold sprinters medals in history, do they have ten stars?

Swimming we could have 20 stars, them little speedos would end up looking like Kylies hot pants with all them stars.

After a bit of thinking Louis, no. Keep the stars off it.

Imagine the American, Chinese and Australian gear??? It too would be covered!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pool of 184 to pick from....love to know which Everton players are in it (although Rodwell & Barkley are certainties).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/london_2012/16591990.stm

Be really annoyed if players like Beckham and Giggs get the overage places....they've played at the highest level (although Giggs not internationally). Someone else's turn, and I've said it before, long serving club pros who've not quite made it to play for their country like (for example) Ossie.

Pool of 184 to pick from....love to know which Everton players are in it (although Rodwell & Barkley are certainties).

http://news.bbc.co.u...12/16591990.stm

Be really annoyed if players like Beckham and Giggs get the overage places....they've played at the highest level (although Giggs not internationally). Someone else's turn, and I've said it before, long serving club pros who've not quite made it to play for their country like (for example) Ossie.

Completely agree. Like Distin for France!

I'd have no problem with one of Giggs or Beckham, but not both.

With no players in the Euros going to the Olympics, who can get in this team.

If I start I want some additions, come on lads, lets get excited.

The Euros will be shit, i'm all for the Olympics!

I'm going with:

-------------------------Ruddy-----------------------

RB-----------CB------------------CB-------------LB

-----------Ramsey------------Rodwell-------------

RW-------------------Barkley------------------Bale

---------------------------CF---------------------------

Out of ideas.

Up front shoulden't be a problem for us I don't think. There are plenty of decent English strikers that might miss out on Capello's call such as; Bobby Zamora, Darren Bent, and Gabriel Agbonlahor to name but a few so I think that up front we will be looking good at the Euro's. Scott Parker might also be a nice addition to our midfield as there is no way that he will be playing at Euro 2012 so he would fit perfectly into the team (although would his age stop him from competing?).

I'm excited about the European Championships if I'm being honest. I'm a big England fan and always look forward to the top tournements whether we are in good form or not.

Up front shoulden't be a problem for us I don't think. There are plenty of decent English strikers that might miss out on Capello's call such as; Bobby Zamora, Darren Bent, and Gabriel Agbonlahor to name but a few so I think that up front we will be looking good at the Euro's. Scott Parker might also be a nice addition to our midfield as there is no way that he will be playing at Euro 2012 so he would fit perfectly into the team (although would his age stop him from competing?).

Can only have three over twenty-ones in the squad but there's no upper age....Parker would be a decent call but I think he'll go to the Euros.

<p><p>It's quite hard not to select alot of English players as "no offense" the other nations have a poor choice in terms of quality.

Shame Duffy switched to the Republic as I'd have had him at the back..

Just a quick one not really thought about it much but we could have a cracking team really!

------------------------------Ruddy-----------------------

Clyne-----------Onuoha--------------------S.Taylor---------Gibbs

--------------------Ramsey------------Rodwell

Chamberlain----------------Barkley-----------------------Bale

----------------------------Sturridge---------------------------

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'm excited about the European Championships if I'm being honest. I'm a big England fan and always look forward to the top tournements whether we are in good form or not.

Bent and Parker have played quite a few England games in the last 12 months.

Clyne-----------Onuoha--------------------S.Taylor---------Gibbs

----------------------------Sturridge---------------------------

Nice work Paul.

Scotland, NI and Wales don't need to say it because they're not going to the Euros (unless I misunderstood your post)

It was in regards to players playing at the Euro's and the FA stating they wouldn't participate in the Olympics but what you say stands also but I do think the associations of those mentioned will surely have to give way as a fair few players are keen?Saying that I'm sure I've read that the respective FA's have no power to stop players taking part. It's the best bet in all honesty more so with the other nations that any of us has of winning a major event in football so to deny people that is selfish in my opinion.I'm always patriotic when it comes to England and would never get such a feeling from a GB team but I'd root for them as much as the next guy and it's an excuse to get pissed so I'm all for it!

<p><p>

Walker-----------Onuoha--------------------S.Taylor---------Gibbs

----------------------------Bellamy---------------------------

Only changes are Clyne to Walker (if he doesnt go too, cant imagine we'd have Johnson, Richards and him for RB) and Bellamy for Sturridge (who will surely go). I might swap Barkely for Ossie too or at least have him on the bench.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Johnny Evans in the back line either - not my choice i mean - and Smalling and Jones if theyre not picked for the Euros

Yeah I don't think it would look anything at all like what I posted that's just what I'd like to see but as with our National side the team that would do well never gets picked!!

If I had to choose RB for the Euro's I'd go with Walker He's the best of a few at the moment and I think Clyne is a very similar player who probably won't get a chance with England due to the above players....Unless He goes to United then He's a cert like Evans who is awful -_-

I'd have Ossie and Adam on the Bench along with players like Beckham Hennessey Forrest and so on?

Only changes are Clyne to Walker (if he doesnt go too, cant imagine we'd have Johnson, Richards and him for RB) and Bellamy for Sturridge (who will surely go). I might swap Barkely for Ossie too or at least have him on the bench.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Johnny Evans in the back line either - not my choice i mean - and Smalling and Jones if theyre not picked for the Euros

Onuoha, Taylor & Bellamy are all over-age so you couldn't have Evans as well....let alone Beckham and/or Giggs.

• 1 month later...