IGNORED

Holiday deals and destinations

Avinalaff

I'm going to book a week away next month.

November means I have to cut the choices down if I want sun.

Which websites have you dealt with in the past, and do you have any favourite destinations for this time of year?

dont usually get holiday this time of year but booked the honeymoon under www.holidaysplease.com/

I'm off to Tenerife in January, and yes MikeO that means The Canaries but there are very nice parts to. Weather is usually really good in Jan, late 70's/ early 80's.

My view is coloured by a truly disastrous experience in Playa de las Américas nearly twenty years ago mate....I've had an unhealthy hatred of the place ever sinceshaking fist.png .

I know there are some great parts....my in-laws stayed in a spectacular place a few years back....I just don't like to admit it.

However, Playa de las Américas is hell on earth.

I'd preferably like somewhere 'none' Euro, as the Euro is too much at the moment.

I've done Lanzarote, and Fuerteventura. Lanzarote was pricey, but decent food, while Fuerta was windy. I didn't think that much of either really. Is Tenerife better or worse?

What sort of prices should I be hoping for?

I'm going to book a week away next month.

November means I have to cut the choices down if I want sun.

Which websites have you dealt with in the past, and do you have any favourite destinations for this time of year?

Montenegro is said to be both very nice, people are lovely, and it is incredibly cheap.

Montenegro is said to be both very nice, people are lovely, and it is incredibly cheap.

I just looked up a bit about it. Not sure it will have the weather I want. Only 16 degrees today. Not really sun tan weather, and it will be a month further towards winter when we go, so will be colder again.

can get great deals to egypt, cheap and decent value for money.

a few places will do you some good deals on the far east, speak to trailfinders, or if you can get to one of their branches even better. they will find you somewhere to suit your budget, and they will organise the whole lot.

if you can get to their manchester branch not too far from deansgate they are very helpful.

im sure they have a branch in liverpool but ive not been to that one.

can get great deals to egypt, cheap and decent value for money.

a few places will do you some good deals on the far east, speak to trailfinders, or if you can get to one of their branches even better. they will find you somewhere to suit your budget, and they will organise the whole lot.

if you can get to their manchester branch not too far from deansgate they are very helpful.

im sure they have a branch in liverpool but ive not been to that one.

im sure you can at the moment :blink:

Goa, its fucking wicked and nigh on impossible to spend any money.

A bottle of kingfisher was about 35p there, 20 fags, 50p. The most amazing hash I have ever smoked as well about a pound a gram. Awesome sea food curries with prawns just plucked from the sea

The holiday paid for itself as well when I flogged all the looky looky clothes I bought over there on ebay

http://go.jewelholid...e_goa/index.asp

Was where I booked mine, cost £299.00 for a fortnight, they started at £399.00 but I haggled. The accomodation was spacious, clean but very basic. The air con worked intermittently but it does go cool at night there but red hot during the day.

Still 35p kingfisher will cool you off

I stayed in the North at Calungute but going to the south in March next year, it is supposed to more picturesque and not quite as touristy as the North

Edited by codders78

Goa, its fucking wicked and nigh on impossible to spend any money.

A bottle of kingfisher was about 35p there, 20 fags, 50p. The most amazing hash I have ever smoked as well about a pound a gram. Awesome sea food curries with prawns just plucked from the sea

The holiday paid for itself as well when I flogged all the looky looky clothes I bought over there on ebay

http://go.jewelholid...e_goa/index.asp

Was where I booked mine, cost £299.00 for a fortnight, they started at £399.00 but I haggled. The accomodation was spacious, clean but very basic. The air con worked intermittently but it does go cool at night there but red hot during the day.

Still 35p kingfisher will cool you off

I stayed in the North at Calungute but going to the south in March next year, it is supposed to more picturesque and not quite as touristy as the North

how long was that for? Did it include flights from the UK?

The wife likes Egypt. To me it looks like a holiday from hell lol.

Goa I've thought about. It ticks all my boxes, but not sure about food. Neither of us are big on Sea food, but curries I don't mind lol. Do you need injections etc for there? Also is it safe? I can do without being beheaded or kidnapped for money I don't have. I'd rather not be pestered by beggars all day either, as that can be frightening for the wife.

Vietnam / Thailand etc all sound great too, but again concerned about safety.

how long was that for? Did it include flights from the UK?

2 weeks, flights from heathrow stop over in bahrain. About 10.5 hours if I recall correctly, couldnt accurately say as I dropped a load of valium - the only way to fly. A few wife beaters at the bar and a couple of vallies later you wake up in another continent

i went to egypt, i wasnt kidnapped, and i dont eat fish unless its covered in batter and chips.

i pretty much ate steak everyday.

it all depends on the resort you stay in.

the one we were at was gated and walled, had about ten hotels in there, armed security, its own shopping village and a beach stretching across all of the hotels. a golf course too, but i gave that a miss.

i just cant remember what it was called. i know it was only a couple of hours from herguarda.

Makardi Bay was the resort. Sol Y Mar was the hotel i think, some of the others were nicer though.

Edited by StevO

...the one we were at was gated and walled, had about ten hotels in there, armed security...

For the life of me I don't see the point of that. Sure it was luxurious but it's a luxurious prison by those definitions isn't it?

When I go abroad I like to actually take a look around the country I'm in....don't see the point otherwise.