• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for dissenting fans?

Let's look at football clubs:

They charge you 30 quid to watch them

They charge you 45 quid for a shirt that costs 3 quid to make

They are owned by businessmen

They operate as a business

They CHOOSE to pay 70-90% of their income on players (rather than reduce ticket prices)

Loving your team does NOT mean you have to take it up the ass from a bunch of business men who (often) have no fan interest in the club, take dividends . profits from the club, and sell the club to whoever they please.

EVERY fan has a right to question that.

EVERY fan has a right to question the players' commitment

EVERY fan has a right to question what the manager is doing.

EVERY fan has a right to express disgruntlement,

Fans are there for a lifetime.

Players come and go, managers come and go, owners come and go.

"They CHOOSE to pay 70-90% of their income on players (rather than reduce ticket prices)"

More like forced to pay or lose the players, because of other teams willingness to pay. Hence, Arteta getting 70k and Anichebe 30k, thanks to City and Hull. I'm sure most clubs would rather pay their players less and pass the savings on to their fans.

Edited by pete0

"They CHOOSE to pay 70-90% of their income on players (rather than reduce ticket prices)"

More like forced to pay or lose the players, because of other teams willingness to pay. Hence, Arteta getting 70k and Anichebe 30k, thanks to City and Hull. I'm sure most clubs would rather pay their players less and pass the savings on to their fans.

I do take your point on that, but ALL the clubs are guilty here. They all created this mess. The wages have rocketed since Sky money - well before City had any.

Even if it was all City (or Hull)'s fault - what about all the other players who couldn't get into those clubs? they'd be forced to take a normal wage. Truth is, there's nothing normal about 50K a week! or even 30K a week.

I do sort of agree that clubs FEEL obliged to pay high wages to keep players (or attract them), but it's of their own making really.

Tbh, I'd rather wait for him to explain his comment, not you, seeing as he's the one who said it.

Edit - I'm not being arsey there btw, just incase you were going to take it the wrong way.

You do come across as a bit arsey quite a lot Romey if I'm honest. I'm sure you don't intend to, but you do. Maybe that's why I 'take it the wrong way' as you describe it. I think we all just need to get used to each other and get to know how each other ticks. Your conscience felt the need to explain yourself with an edit. Is that an indication that you might notice it just a little bit yourself? I don't always communicate well, but believe me when I tell you I say that as a forum mate, in a friendly way, rather than as a tw@t. smile.png

You do come across as a bit arsey quite a lot Romey if I'm honest. I'm sure you don't intend to, but you do. Maybe that's why I 'take it the wrong way' as you describe it. I think we all just need to get used to each other and get to know how each other ticks. Your conscience felt the need to explain yourself with an edit. Is that an indication that you might notice it just a little bit yourself? I don't always communicate well, but believe me when I tell you I say that as a forum mate, in a friendly way, rather than as a tw@t. smile.png

LOL - that's like saying "I've just shagged your wife mate, but it's better to be your best mate she's shagging than a total stranger"

You come across as quite arsey too, Av, so maybe we just rub each other up the wrong way.

And my conscience simply couldn't be bothered with the tiff that may have ensued from my innocent comment being taken the wrong way. So I thought I'd end it before it may have started, because I'm really not in the mood to get into an argument today. Reading your tiff with Haf has been enough for me!

Edit - no idea why it put my post as a quote :S. Or why a part of my post posted separately for that matter!

Edited by Romey 1878

None of us are Wordsworth unfortunately so a cheeky bit of banter comes across the wrong way sometimes.

You can be trying to make someone laugh with you, and you end up offending them.

I say "Everton are a fine club" and to some, that's a patronising side swipe.

if I say "Everton could go down", that's a typical City fan taking the piss.

After a few hundred posts, folks eventually settle down and get a feel for people's 'style'. I don't think there are many out and out wind up merchants on a forum this size. Thank God!

LOL - that's like saying "I've just shagged your wife mate, but it's better to be your best mate she's shagging than a total stranger"

It's not mate. It's more like telling someone that they're a narky git, in the hope they'll realise it and be aware, as opposed to calling them a narky git with the intent to offend.

Besides, have you seen his Maud?

article-0-0047BE7000000258-535_224x323.jpg

You come across as quite arsey too, Av, so maybe we just rub each other up the wrong way.

And my conscience simply couldn't be bothered with the tiff that may have ensued from my innocent comment being taken the wrong way. So I thought I'd end it before it may have started, because I'm really not in the mood to get into an argument today. Reading your tiff with Haf has been enough for me!

Edit - no idea why it put my post as a quote :S. Or why a part of my post posted separately for that matter!

That's because Haf is your mate. rolleyes.gif

That won't stop me disagreeing with either of you though, nor is it a surprise that you're both negative, being mates.

If you wanted to edit, why not just edit it out, rather than defend it?

Reason? Because you meant it 'exactly' like you wrote it, but felt you'd leave it anyway like an arsey git. wink.png

That's because Haf is your mate. rolleyes.gif

That won't stop me disagreeing with either of you though, nor is it a surprise that you're both negative, being mates.

If you wanted to edit, why not just edit it out, rather than defend it?

Reason? Because you meant it 'exactly' like you wrote it, but felt you'd leave it anyway like an arsey git. wink.png

Haf isn't my mate dont know.gif . Just because we share the same opinion on some things doesn't make us mates. Just how childish are you? For a start, I disagree with plenty of what he has to say. Example - I think he over-reacted big time to the picture you posted.

I'm not on TT to make friends, I'm here to talk about my opinions. I don't particularly care if people agree or disagree with what I have to say. I just speak my mind.

Why not edit it out? Because I meant what I said, I would rather Tonka explain his post because he's in a better position to explain what he meant than you are. I just thought I'd clarify that I wasn't being funny toward you in saying that because I could see how it could be taken that way when written down rather than spoken.

Haf isn't my mate dont%20know.gif . Just because we share the same opinion on some things doesn't make us mates. Just how childish are you? For a start, I disagree with plenty of what he has to say. Example - I think he over-reacted big time to the picture you posted.

I'm not on TT to make friends, I'm here to talk about my opinions. I don't particularly care if people agree or disagree with what I have to say. I just speak my mind.

Why not edit it out? Because I meant what I said, I would rather Tonka explain his post because he's in a better position to explain what he meant than you are. I just thought I'd clarify that I wasn't being funny toward you in saying that because I could see how it could be taken that way when written down rather than spoken.

Romey, I'm not the bluntest tool in the tool bag, and don't presume that you were being arsey. You didn't have to justify it. If anything the arsey bit was the edit, pointing out that I might take something the wrong way, as though it was a constant issue. It isn't. I treat folks with respect where possible, but I don't take shit off anybody, be it on forums, or in real life.

On the whole forum, there have only really been one or two lads that have been publicly 'off' with me from the start. You're one, and Matt is the other. Hafs normally ok, but he is too negative for me, so it becomes irritating after a while, and today I thought he was a proper tool so I told him so. It's not like he's shy about telling me when he feels I'm at fault, so in that respect we have a good forum understanding. Matt is on ignore, as is Haf. It stops us arguing, and disrupting the harmony of the forum. There aren't enough members here for things not to stick out like a sore thumb, so I'd rather chat, and log off, and not argue while I'm logged on. Eventually I'll probably stop posting, but I won't be drawn into silly arguments. I'm not arsed with all that crap.

Romey, I'm not the bluntest tool in the tool bag, and don't presume that you were being arsey. You didn't have to justify it. If anything the arsey bit was the edit, pointing out that I might take something the wrong way, as though it was a constant issue. It isn't. I treat folks with respect where possible, but I don't take shit off anybody, be it on forums, or in real life.

On the whole forum, there have only really been one or two lads that have been publicly 'off' with me from the start. You're one, and Matt is the other.

The edit would have been there no matter who my post had been directed at, why take it so personally?

I'm not really sure how I've been off with you when I've barely spoken to you tbh.

The edit would have been there no matter who my post had been directed at, why take it so personally?

I'm not really sure how I've been off with you when I've barely spoken to you tbh.

I'm not going to open old wounds mate, but your memory doesn't serve you well. When you have posted, it's normally either bringing up the old days, or telling me to leave if I don't like it. Hardly heart warming correspondences Romey. I notice too that it was 'my' tiff with Haff, rather than 'Haffs' tiff with me. I wish folk would be a little more genuine, but I'm asking a lot. Still, if one guy goes against the bandwagon clique, he'll not last long, so best I don't, eh mate. Instead I'll go buy a magazine on how to be a negative whinging Evertonian, and with a bit of luck I'll fit right in. wink.png

I'm not going to open old wounds mate, but your memory doesn't serve you well. When you have posted, it's normally either bringing up the old days, or telling me to leave if I don't like it. Hardly heart warming correspondences Romey. I notice too that it was 'my' tiff with Haff, rather than 'Haffs' tiff with me. I wish folk would be a little more genuine, but I'm asking a lot. Still, if one guy goes against the bandwagon clique, he'll not last long, so best I don't, eh mate. Instead I'll go buy a magazine on how to be a negative whinging Evertonian, and with a bit of luck I'll fit right in. wink.png

I brought up 'the old days' once, so don't overplay like it like I've mentioned it loads of times. And I didn't tell you to leave if you didn't like it at all, which I explained numerous times when we were talking about that - I said you didn't have to read the negative comments if you didn't want to, and that if they really bothered you that much then you could leave. At no point did I say you should leave or even that I wanted you to. You do love to be the victim though, so keep painting that picture, you do it so well.

Oh ffs, I said it was your tiff with Haff because I was talking to you about it! If I'd been talking to him about it then I'd have said it was his tiff with you. Again with the taking things personally. Christ.

Bandwagon clique? WTF? No ones bothered that you want to see the positive side, it's welcomed by those that agree and disagree, it's what makes a forum what it is. There are plenty of members on here that share your viewpoint but well done on trying to make it seem like it's you vs everyone else. Well played. Incorrect, but well played.

I'm not going to open old wounds mate, but your memory doesn't serve you well. When you have posted, it's normally either bringing up the old days, or telling me to leave if I don't like it. Hardly heart warming correspondences Romey. I notice too that it was 'my' tiff with Haff, rather than 'Haffs' tiff with me. I wish folk would be a little more genuine, but I'm asking a lot. Still, if one guy goes against the bandwagon clique, he'll not last long, so best I don't, eh mate. Instead I'll go buy a magazine on how to be a negative whinging Evertonian, and with a bit of luck I'll fit right in.

There are as many positive as negative people on here it so happens you and haf seem to be the 2 extremes... you're disillusionately (is that a word) positive and haf's boringly negative. It's as if haf's Hitler and you're Graham Norton (Evertonian forms obviously!) not many people support either of your opinions in general as you are the 2 extremes.

I dont think you quite managed it! ha

As for dissenting fans?

Let's look at football clubs:

They charge you 30 quid to watch them

They charge you 45 quid for a shirt that costs 3 quid to make

They are owned by businessmen

They operate as a business

They CHOOSE to pay 70-90% of their income on players (rather than reduce ticket prices)

Loving your team does NOT mean you have to take it up the ass from a bunch of business men who (often) have no fan interest in the club, take dividends . profits from the club, and sell the club to whoever they please.

EVERY fan has a right to question that.

EVERY fan has a right to question the players' commitment

EVERY fan has a right to question what the manager is doing.

EVERY fan has a right to express disgruntlement,

Fans are there for a lifetime.

Players come and go, managers come and go, owners come and go.

Never said that you can't express your opinion of the club's performance. Also, never said that anyone in particular on this board is a fair-weather fan and likewise, never stated that you would stop supporting the club if they were relegated. It was a generalization. However, I did jump to conclusions in thinking that someone who dissents automatically flip-flops to another club, so I take blame for being hasty. I do not mean to offend anybody on here -- we are all here for the same reasons.

Look, I live in the USA where everyone bitches and moans about the government and blah, blah, blah. Yeah, we do a lot of shitty things, but I'm not going to go and support France. I complain about it just as much as anyone else and by that same token, I complain when I don't think Everton is performing up to standards. That's basically what I was saying and I hope my analogy provides some clarity. I'll be more clear next time. Sorry, guys.

I brought up 'the old days' once, so don't overplay like it like I've mentioned it loads of times. And I didn't tell you to leave if you didn't like it at all, which I explained numerous times when we were talking about that - I said you didn't have to read the negative comments if you didn't want to, and that if they really bothered you that much then you could leave. At no point did I say you should leave or even that I wanted you to. You do love to be the victim though, so keep painting that picture, you do it so well.

Oh ffs, I said it was your tiff with Haff because I was talking to you about it! If I'd been talking to him about it then I'd have said it was his tiff with you. Again with the taking things personally. Christ.

Bandwagon clique? WTF? No ones bothered that you want to see the positive side, it's welcomed by those that agree and disagree, it's what makes a forum what it is. There are plenty of members on here that share your viewpoint but well done on trying to make it seem like it's you vs everyone else. Well played. Incorrect, but well played.

There lies our problem Romey.

You have a rather strange opinion of me, and not sure where it comes from, but what the heck. It seeps through in all your posts to me unfortunately, which is why you don't get a friendly reply in return.

Today is a new day. Let's say we wash our hands and start afresh? smile.png

Never said that you can't express your opinion of the club's performance. Also, never said that anyone in particular on this board is a fair-weather fan and likewise, never stated that you would stop supporting the club if they were relegated. It was a generalization. However, I did jump to conclusions in thinking that someone who dissents automatically flip-flops to another club, so I take blame for being hasty. I do not mean to offend anybody on here -- we are all here for the same reasons.

Look, I live in the USA where everyone bitches and moans about the government and blah, blah, blah. Yeah, we do a lot of shitty things, but I'm not going to go and support France. I complain about it just as much as anyone else and by that same token, I complain when I don't think Everton is performing up to standards. That's basically what I was saying and I hope my analogy provides some clarity. I'll be more clear next time. Sorry, guys.

Oh that wasn't particularly for you!... it was just in general - backup up fans right to complain.

I totally agree that fans should get behind the club and more importantly the team - BUT, it's a two way deal, and often our loyalty to our team gets taken for a ride sometimes - by the football world at large, and even our own clubs. I know many fans will think their club treats their fans 'better' than another club, but I think when they look at the facts realistically, they're all as bad as one another!

If allowed to, clubs will (and have) treated their fans like dirt over the years.