IGNORED

Dinamo Zagreb 1-7 Lyon - Match fixing?

I doubt anyone here saw or heard anything about it last night between giggles at United's demise in the Champions League, but the Dinamo Zagreb - Lyon game last night is under investigation over a potential match fixing probe.

Going into the game, Lyon needed to beat Zagreb, and Ajax had to lose to Real Madrid, with a 7 goal swing in Lyon's favour for them to qualify at Ajax's expense. Zagreb were leading 1-0 until just before half-time when Lyon equalised, and by the 75th minute, Lyon had scored a further 6 goals. Meanwhile, Ajax had two goals disallowed in a 3-0 defeat to Real Madrid.

Adding fuel to the fire, a Dutch TV channel caught an incident on camera where a Zagreb defender - Domagoj Vida - appeared to wink and give a thumbs up to Lyon striker Gomis after Lisandro Lopez scored their 5th goal of the game.

Article: http://news.yahoo.co...-112407927.html

Goals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAq7PE6RVYM

The Wink:

If this was in any way suspicious, which unfortunately seems to be the case, then all I can say is, unbelievable.

EDIT: The Zagreb manager was also sacked immediately after the match.

Edited by adziom

I doubt anyone here saw or heard anything about it last night between giggles at United's demise in the Champions League, but the Dinamo Zagreb - Lyon game last night is under investigation over a potential match fixing probe.

Going into the game, Lyon needed to beat Zagreb, and Ajax had to lose to Real Madrid, with a 7 goal swing in Lyon's favour for them to qualify at Ajax's expense. Zagreb were leading 1-0 until just before half-time when Lyon equalised, and by the 75th minute, Lyon had scored a further 6 goals. Meanwhile, Ajax had two goals disallowed in a 3-0 defeat to Real Madrid.

Adding fuel to the fire, a Dutch TV channel caught an incident on camera where a Zagreb defender - Domagoj Vida - appeared to wink and give a thumbs up to Lyon striker Gomis after Lisandro Lopez scored their 5th goal of the game.

Article: http://news.yahoo.co...-112407927.html

Goals:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QAq7PE6RVYM

The Wink:

If this was in any way suspicious, which unfortunately seems to be the case, then all I can say is, unbelievable.

EDIT: The Zagreb manager was also sacked immediately after the match.

Why is the video reversed?

1st goal - Defenders look half arsed, but keeper is outstanding.

2nd goal - Deflection sends ball over keeper. You can't fake that.

3rd goal - Bounces in net off knee. Definitely legitimate goal. (2-1)

4th goal - Awful defending - Possible fake. (3-1)

5th goal - Lazy defending. Decent goal, but no real celebration by Lyon. Iffy as to whether offside. (4-1) Guy appears to wink.

6th goal - Perfectly weighted pass - good goal. (5-1)

7th goal - Wonderful goal. Can't see how you can fake that. (6-1)

8th goal - Great goal again, but why no pile of players on floor celebrating? (7-1)

Verdict: Great goals, but lack of emotion. Bit strange.

Why is the video reversed?

1st goal - Defenders look half arsed, but keeper is outstanding.

2nd goal - Deflection sends ball over keeper. You can't fake that.

3rd goal - Bounces in net off knee. Definitely legitimate goal. (2-1)

4th goal - Awful defending - Possible fake. (3-1)

5th goal - Lazy defending. Decent goal, but no real celebration by Lyon. Iffy as to whether offside. (4-1) Guy appears to wink.

6th goal - Perfectly weighted pass - good goal. (5-1)

7th goal - Wonderful goal. Can't see how you can fake that. (6-1)

8th goal - Great goal again, but why no pile of players on floor celebrating? (7-1)

Verdict: Great goals, but lack of emotion. Bit strange.

agree with all of this. i reallyhope its nothing suspect, was a great game.

Why would somebody be taking pics of the defender entering / exiting a bookies? Isn't it all a bit convenient?

To lose 1-0 or 3-1 I could understand, but lose / win 7-1? A bit on the 'extreme' side?

I don't buy the photo really. There's no proof that its even him, that it was just before the game, or that the betting slip has anything to do with the game or the group.

The half-time deal theory is understandable given the poor defending for the 6 goals afterwards, but it's impossible to tell from a video of just the goals whether Zagreb played worse in the second half or Lyon just pulled their fingers out of their arses. I didn't watch the game so I don't know.

The video is reversed because I believe it somehow helps copyright breach slide under the radar, otherwise the video gets removed.

Just thought it would make for some interesting debate, I hope there's nothing untoward here but it was very unusual.

I feel genuine sympathy for Amsterdam going out like that unsure.png , maybe there was something fishy going on, always seems the way with soccer just lately, but I think on this occasion I can't read too much into it, or maybe there really was something going on, I really can't be sure

All I know is, Ajax had a decent chance to go a long way this season, and it can only be a matter of time with the fine youth set up they always have and a decent side with it, to once again be Champions of Europe for the first time since '95, I remember now there was similar controversy a few years ago when they lost to AC Milan at a later stage, and the Italians went on to win it

Maybe Ferguson too, will call it a day next summer with United out, he wants desperately to overhaul the Shite's 'Five' (or four and a half) european cup wins, and now that opportunity has gone, it's another years wait, and the ned nosed one knows age is not on his side and he can't go on forever. I wasn't too bothered about their exit actually.

I was gutted about Utd and City going out, if it happens again we loose our 4th place for champions league, meaning only 4th placed is allowed in the Europa league if any of the top 3 win the league and FA cups. Perhaps someone can tell me if different.

Don't know the exact details of how many teams get to qualify but the rankings are worked out over a period of five years and currently we're top with only Spain anywhere near. No danger of us losing a place in the foreseeable future I don't think.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2011.html

I was gutted about Utd and City going out, if it happens again we loose our 4th place for champions league, meaning only 4th placed is allowed in the Europa league if any of the top 3 win the league and FA cups. Perhaps someone can tell me if different.

If anythink we'll get an extra place.. depending wether Liverpool finish 5th