IGNORED

Can We Have Someone Who Can Put The Ball In The Onion Bag..........For Christmas and Beyond

The Beard

i'm open to suggestions blue sky!

as i've just ranted in another thread, we go 2 games without a shot on goal, now we have 29 shots in a game and scrape through with 1 goal.

anyone that can score when given a chance would make me happy

If you think Zamora is the answer after his miss against us then I think you've had too much wine as well ;).

Zamora is not the man, far too hit and miss. We dont have the money for anybody.

Give Mcaleny and Straq a few games playing together they just couldnt do any worse than Saha and Cahill.

Look for new options when you have exhausted the ones you have and we are yet to explore the possibilities within our own squad

Zamora is not the man, far too hit and miss. We dont have the money for anybody.

Give Mcaleny and Straq a few games playing together they just couldnt do any worse than Saha and Cahill.

Look for new options when you have exhausted the ones you have and we are yet to explore the possibilities within our own squad

Great post, would we better off doing this and putting any money we have towards a playmaker who can feed any of our fowards a decent ball

But the way the transfer system works, you only have a window of opportunity to decide.

It's a gamble... hope you can make something from what you have, or opt to buy in a known quantity (whoever that may be).

That said a 'known quantity' is a bit questionable, since there's no guarantee really.

IF Moyes was thinking along the same lines (using what you have), then he probably should have given the lads a fair run prior to the window in order to be in a better position to judge.

A playmaker would be great, but realistically, who's out there and available. You have to be realistic.... you're likely to be able to get an 'out of favour' type player, or a rising star from a lower league (if you buy).

Or, there's always the option of a loan deal... which might make some sense if it's a quality player needing games.

I just think it's way too risky NOT to bring in one or two players... the winter is hard on players, you'll get injuries, and the squad's not deep enough.

It would be great if Moyes COULD muster up something from the existing squad, but really, can you keep letting key players go and not expect to slip backwards? I'm not convinced.

But the way the transfer system works, you only have a window of opportunity to decide.

It's a gamble... hope you can make something from what you have, or opt to buy in a known quantity (whoever that may be).

That said a 'known quantity' is a bit questionable, since there's no guarantee really.

IF Moyes was thinking along the same lines (using what you have), then he probably should have given the lads a fair run prior to the window in order to be in a better position to judge.

A playmaker would be great, but realistically, who's out there and available. You have to be realistic.... you're likely to be able to get an 'out of favour' type player, or a rising star from a lower league (if you buy).

Or, there's always the option of a loan deal... which might make some sense if it's a quality player needing games.

I just think it's way too risky NOT to bring in one or two players... the winter is hard on players, you'll get injuries, and the squad's not deep enough.

It would be great if Moyes COULD muster up something from the existing squad, but really, can you keep letting key players go and not expect to slip backwards? I'm not convinced.

Any signing we make will be risky because

1- They are unknown or unproven at the top level

2- They are out of form

3- They are getting on a bit

4- All of the above

We need to strengthen but to do that you need money and I cant see enough money being available to enable us to purchase anybody better than what we have

Any signing we make will be risky because

1- They are unknown or unproven at the top level

2- They are out of form

3- They are getting on a bit

4- All of the above

We need to strengthen but to do that you need money and I cant see enough money being available to enable us to purchase anybody better than what we have

Think I agree with that... at the prices you can afford, you're not going to be getting the quality you're previously used to (unless you get very lucky with an up and coming star!).

All in all, it seems like catch 22 to me. I just think there has to be a limit to Moyes talents. It's asking too much of him to keep turning up decent players. It still feels like he's swimming against the tide, and Everton are slowly slipping.

Maybe he can do his usual trick and get a string of good performances together and get back in the 7 - 10th position.... which is still not really where you'd expect Everton to be (5-7th). Sadly, I fear Everton will be in the 10-15th range this year which for Everton isn't good.

Its about service too, you know. even if we had Ronaldo or Messi, they wouldn't find it as often if opportunities weren't handed on a plate by their team mates...We need a striker for sure, but we are yet to convince me that we could supply them when they do play.

I have been saying this for weeks now, we need to start in midfield, then get a striker.