IGNORED

Live Performance

rubecula

Oceansize were incredible live, so gutted that they broke up.... Muse are incredible too, along with Radiohead and any Pink Floyd cover band (seen a couple, all been excellent).

I just love live music though. Went to Chester over Christmas to see Thea Gilmore, that girls voice was like silk...

Oceansize were incredible live, so gutted that they broke up.... Muse are incredible too, along with Radiohead and any Pink Floyd cover band (seen a couple, all been excellent).

I just love live music though. Went to Chester over Christmas to see Thea Gilmore, that girls voice was like silk...

Great light show, no comment on the music.

Old post....saves me writing it out again....

Neil Young at Wembley in (I think) 1982, the "Trans" tour was a peak.

Eric Clapton....this...

EricClapton.jpg

....where the "support" was Muddy Waters (Clapton always used to play Guildford at the end of his tours because he was local and all his family and friends used to go. Tickets were gold dust).

Live Aid...

liveaid.jpg

.....the Queen bit (even though I wasn't a great queen fan) was breathtaking.

Then it's difficult.

Late 70's Reading festivals were always good but I'd probably go for Mike Oldfield at Wembley (saw him at the Conference center with full orchestra also but a small band with Nils Lofgren on guitar was spectacular) and, a bit more obscure, Greenslade "farewell" tour 1977 with Jon Hiseman on drums (Guildford again)

Great light show, no comment on the music.

Prefer the old Muse. I saw them 8 years ago in the pouring rain in a field just outside of Dublin. Incredible gig (which included the Stereophonics and finished with Faithless). Matt Bellamy is an amazing front man too. HAARP seemed like a great gig too

Prefer the old Muse. I saw them 8 years ago in the pouring rain in a field just outside of Dublin. Incredible gig (which included the Stereophonics and finished with Faithless). Matt Bellamy is an amazing front man too. HAARP seemed like a great gig too

This was quality from him

Worked at a few festivals the las couple of years and just sick of them. Muse, Kasabian, and KOL make me want to rip my ears out whenever I hear/see them now.

Back in the Eighties I had a Girlfriend that was a big Level 42 fan, They were not my cup of tea i was more into The Cure, The Smiths, and Marrilion at the time

But I agreed to go with her to a concert at Wembley arena and they were Awesome Mark King is arguably the greatest bass player ever

Back in the early eighties I saw the Clash at the Hammersmith odeon and to be honest it wasn't an enjoyable experience

and Bowie was disapointing

Marrillion (with Fish) were Excellent, a bit too close to the albums though

the smiths superb

The Jam i can't really remember but I think they were Good

Simple Minds were good

Pavorrotti excellent (not my bag really another girlfriend )

I would have loved to have seen ELO, REM, Pink Floyd, Joy Division, Radiohead etc

Back in the early eighties I saw the Clash at the Hammersmith odeon and to be honest it wasn't an enjoyable experience

Was often at Hammersmith Odeon late 70s/early 80s....was a bus ride (715 green line) from home....Black Sabbath a couple of times were an assault on the senses...Styx were memorable because they played acoustically for 20 mins through a power cut.

One of my favourite all time songs I first heard there also....

I started the thread to see what others remembered and enjoyed, but to be honest I never actually thought of posting my own thoughts. DOH!

Anyway at the risk of showing my age, the last "big" concert I went to was Wishbone Ash at the Liverpool Stadium. Great performance great guitar playibng and a night (evening) of fantastic enjoyment.

Been to quite a few smaller gigs since, but nobody famous apart from The Tremeloes, Shakin Stevens, and The Spinners. Yes I know all different types of music, but good to watch live.

Though I've broadened my musical taste since I was a teenager, the best group I ever saw live were Bauhaus (Hammersmith Palais '82). Absolutely rivetting if you like that kind of thing. I was in the music industry for many years and got to see quite a few acts up close - rehearsing et al. George Michael, who I don't really like, had a wonderful voice.

Edited by formby

Back in the Eighties I had a Girlfriend that was a big Level 42 fan, They were not my cup of tea i was more into The Cure, The Smiths, and Marrilion at the time

But I agreed to go with her to a concert at Wembley arena and they were Awesome Mark King is arguably the greatest bass player ever

Marrillion (with Fish) were Excellent, a bit too close to the albums though

the smiths superb

The Jam i can't really remember but I think they were Good

Simple Minds were good

Pavorrotti excellent (not my bag really another girlfriend )

I would have loved to have seen ELO, REM, Pink Floyd, Joy Division, Radiohead etc

On tour this year.

Mike just cant help rubbing that one in everyones face! Thanks again Mike!

Foo Fighters and Muse both at Wembley Stadium were amazing!

Kooks at the academy were brilliant, but then six months later in Blackpool they were aweful!

Pigeon Detectives in the academy were great.

Artctic Monkeys at Old Trafford were very good, apart from a power cut half way through.