IGNORED

Everton v Chelsea

THFC6061

If you had said maybe a few weeks ago that we would beat Manchester City and Chelsea and into the 5th round of the FA cup in subsequent games (not in that order), I would have either called for the men in white coats or bitten your hand off, no-one could have seen the recent success coming just a short time ago

As some may have noticed Chelsea FC is not my favorite team in British soccer so it was a fine success and most satisfying to beat those plastic fucks yesterday, OK they've had their problems lately but they can't use that as an excuse, they still have the players of capability and strong team and we beat them so you can shove your excuses

Always brings us back to the arguement, that while yesterday was another fine success and Everton day for all concerned, there have been so many instances this season alone, where we have struggled against lower opposition, particularly at Goodison, and fans have been going bananas and irate with results and player performances, I've seen them, you've seen them, we have all been witnesses. I hope this recent run of success can continue, and Moyes and players can build it up and maybe a grandstand end to the season. You never know

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt want to get on a downer but if people are goign to bring it up then I will oblige.

Yesterday was a good result, and for the most part we played decent football, not pretty but effective. However if anyone thinks Moyes did anything different to set the team up as he Wigan then guess again. The way we play suits letting teams come onto us and it was only our attitude and endeavour that won us the points. Even Moyes is crediting Straq for getting the team going. That is the sole difference between the Chelsea & City games and the rest of our season.

When we have players in their correct position, close down all over the pitch and break forward with some directness we can beat anyone, and recent results have shown that. It would be incredibly fickle for people to forget how lifeless we have played for the best part of 2 seasons that proceeded.

Deep down I dont want Moyes to go, but until he can prove that he can adapt & evolve their will always be question marks about him, in my book at least.

To me, the victories over Man City and Chelsea were reminiscent of the old, (under) ‘dogs of war’ days. It seems fairly obvious that Moyes feels more comfortable playing a physical, industrial game than one of great finesse, and equally obvious that many fans do, too. We are never, ever going to be a free-flowing team while he is in charge, and I regret that. His tactical acumen, I feel, is zero, and much as though you get buoyed by a good result or two, the plain truth is we are an also-ran, and sometimes a lot worse. His ultra-cautious, conservative approach strangles the life out of the game. It was ironic that Saha, so often pilloried for lack of effort here, immediately regained his scoring touch with Spurs’ pass and move game. Arteta looks a different player again with Arsenal. I’m lucky enough to have seen Everton play good, open, attacking football and win. The odd, muscular victory over supposedly better opposition doesn’t stop me wishing we still could.