IGNORED

Everton v Chelsea

THFC6061

Everton v Chelsea

Everton have had a good run and had a very good start to 2012 in general. David Moyes used his initiative and invention in the transfer market in January and they look much stronger than they did a couple of months or so ago.

Chelsea were good in parts during their 3-3 draw with Manchester United on Sunday, but awful in others. To be 3-0 up and not be able to protect that lead was a very strange display, even against a United side renowned for their fightbacks.

I think this game will be a lot tighter, but I cannot see Andres Villa-Boas and his side leaving Goodison Park with a win.

We know the Blues are a work in progress at the moment but unfortunately, as far as their owner Roman Abramovich is concerned, I think the progress is a little bit slow.

Chelsea are back in Champions League action later this month in the last 16 against a dangerous Napoli side, who play a 3-4-3 formation that suits the pace in their side really well.

If they go out of Europe, there will be more pressure on Villas-Boas but I think, in terms of his future at Stamford Bridge, making sure they qualify for the Champions League next year is his priority at the moment.

Prediction: Everton 1-1 Chelsea

Here are all 250 of Mark Lawrenson's 2011-12 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like based on his forecasts...

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is low on morale isn't he. I wonder if we can pick him up on the cheap at the end of the season? Moyes would have him firing on all cylinders again I am sure.

Yeh definitely isnt confident. Doesnt even take shots on anymore!

Howard flapping again. No one even close to him.