IGNORED

Everton v Blackpool (FA Cup)

FairWooney

How old is Phillips now anyway? 38?

If you're talking about Matt Phillips then he's 20 and you're way off the mark. If you're talking about Kevin Phillips then you are spot on as he is indeed 38. I really like both of them and whereas I'd obviously not have Kevin at Everton because of his age I'd really like Matt here as he has shown some moments of real promise in this match.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, was my boy hood hero, do u remember he used to have his own comic in the 80's? Or it was a storyline featured in a comic book?! And wasn't he 'promoting Quaser football boots, remember them?

I remember the boots, but not the comic. It's a shame that he sullies his legacy by shilling crisps to thickos for coins.

2-0 does not give a true reading of how the game has gone. We should be leading about 8-0 given the chances we should have had and I'd like to see us bag another before the final whistle blows, I'm really chuffed to see that Ross has come onto the pitch and I'd love nothing more than for him to bag our third. They say its not over till its over but we must surely have our eyes on the Quarter Finals now boys.

Edit: Yes! This is just as good as us leading 2-0 - Apostolos Vellios is on the pitch! Watch him bag a hat-trick now being the Greek God that he is.

Edited by Zoo

Just missed the penalty so I'll have to watch it back on ITV so that I can swear about the referee and have some knowledge to back it up. Does anyone on the forum want to explain to me what just happened...

Also Bolton have just beaten Millwall 2-0 in the FA Cup and I'd have them in the next round whilst Leicester City have beaten Norwich to progress into the Quarters. A home tie against the foxes would do me nicely also!

Just missed the penalty so I'll have to watch it back on ITV so that I can swear about the referee and have some knowledge to back it up. Does anyone on the forum want to explain to me what just happened...

Basically Heitinga had the ball and the guy came and clattered into the back of him and it was somehow interpreted as a foul against Heitinga huh.png

Thanks GR - I'll have to watch it back on ITV because it does sound rather bizarre. My Dad's just bounced up the stairs with his jaw on the floor perplexed at how we managed to concede a penalty, that'll be one for the pundits to talk about for sure.

what a shite second half...good result though nice to be in the next round

We did what we needed to and that's all the matters. We could have had five or six and I wished we woud have put them away but at the end of the day I'd of settled for a 1-0. So long as we are in the next round of the cup I coulden't care less what happened on the pitch, I'm proud of Everton today and I feel that we can push through the Quarters just like we have pushed through the rounds previously.

Top stuff.

When is the draw?

Sunday 19th February (tomorrow evening).

Edited by Zoo

I know its not Nevilles fault if moyes plays him there but for fuck sake just fuckoff so we can actually put a few passes together you have the ability to ruin a game not win one.

got 2 goals early and bored the life out of me for the rest

happy were through but were just having that bit of luck lately and i cant see it lasting blackpool are poor.