IGNORED

Everton v Blackpool (FA Cup)

FairWooney

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Blackpool will score, they've been bagging loads lately. We'll just have to score more than them. 4-2 us.

Saha with 4 again fishing.gif

Erm Saha doesn't play for us mate...we sold home to spurs! Duh!

Draw tomorrow, with us missing pinaar and possibly Donovan we're not going to have much bite! Plus blackpool are on top form.

On a different note how hard is it to change spark plugs? Would it be best to summon a professional?

I'm pretty sure he was joking...

As for the game I really hope we can get through as I'd love a cup run. There are a few hard teams in the cup this year that could be a problem for us in the later stages but at the moment with the form that we are in I am more than confident that we can pick up a result and eliminate the 'pool.

Draw tomorrow, with us missing pinaar and possibly Donovan we're not going to have much bite! Plus blackpool are on top form.

On a different note how hard is it to change spark plugs? Would it be best to summon a professional?

Are you taking the piss. ?? its the easiest job on a car.

Oh and by the way, sharps volley was fishing and you took the bait.biggrin.pngdidn't you notice the angler, he got you hook line and sinker,

Edited by Bill

Are you taking the piss. ?? its the easiest job on a car.

Oh and by the way, sharps volley was fishing and you took the bait.biggrin.pngdidn't you notice the angler, he got you hook line and sinker,

Oh dear bill and zoo...can't believe I got two of you! Tut tut.

It makes me feel slightly better about not knowing how to change spark plugs! I'm afraid I wasn't taking the piss no...so it's a manual job then? What safety equipment would you advise I wear?

Oh dear bill and zoo...can't believe I got two of you! Tut tut.

Of course you did...

Back to the Blackpool tie however Jelavic is saying he is getting frustrated with his Everton career after becoming a doubt for tomorrow's game. I was hoping that he would be able to play so that he could get his first goal for us. I do believe however that we will have enough fire-power to over-throw Blackpool.

(http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7528495/Jelavic-feeling-frustrated)

It is almost a year since the 5-3 result of last February, Seasiders had scored three and were winning actually before Saha turned it on it's head and scored four that day, Beckford got the other

Neither player are with us anymore, so if Blackpool score three again, we will have to rely on other players to do the business

One can only hope we can continue in the same manner just recently, and god forbid Moyes or players fuck up this golden opportunity to progress to the last eight this calendar year

I think we will win, there will be no upset on Merseyside tomorrow, we are stronger in every department, have home advantage, there has been a rise in expectations and player performances and upturn in results

Everything points to a home success, I am quietly confident

I've heard that rumour.

I woulden't mind Coleman playing but I'd rather leave him out and keep him fit than risk him against a lower tier opposition and have him out for some of our big games. I trust Moyes once again but as we all know he has been rather silly with his managerial choices when it comes to playing players when they are not fit.

I'm also guessing Jelavic is a no-go tonight as I've heard nothing to suggest he's over his injury.

So! With just over an hour until the fifth round of the FA Cup takes place lets hear your predictions;

Chelsea vs. Birmingham City

Everton vs. Blackpool

Norwich vs. Leicester City

Millwall vs. Bolton Wanderers

Sunderland vs. Arsenal

Chelsea, Everton, Millwall and Arsenal will progress today in my opinion as I think that Norwich and Leicester will be a draw. I'm obviously hoping that all the ties are an upset bar ours so that we can have easier opposition in the next round! Millwall would do nicely.

Everton, Norwich and Millwall kick off at 3:00, Chelsea kick off soon as 12:45 and Sunderland do battle in the evening at 5:45!

So! With just over an hour until the fifth round of the FA Cup takes place lets hear your predictions;

Chelsea vs. Birmingham City draw

Everton vs. Blackpool home win

Norwich vs. Leicester City away win

Millwall vs. Bolton Wanderers home win

Sunderland vs. Arsenal home win

Chelsea, Everton, Millwall and Arsenal will progress today in my opinion as I think that Norwich and Leicester will be a draw. I'm obviously hoping that all the ties are an upset bar ours so that we can have easier opposition in the next round! Millwall would do nicely.

Everton, Norwich and Millwall kick off at 3:00, Chelsea kick off soon as 12:45 and Sunderland do battle in the evening at 5:45!

Seriously off topic but I'll put it in here seeing as its FA Cup related;

I have to say that I am slightly annoyed with how the Chelsea fans are treating André Villas-Boas. There are reports coming from Stamford Bridge that the fans are singing 'Jose Mourinhio' around the ground and in my opinion this is both arrogant and rude. Whether Boas is doing a good job or not it is not going to help the club or the manager to get on his back. I can understand the frustration given the start we have had with Moyes this season but from not getting on his back and singing at him we have managed to pull things around, I feel that Chelsea are going through a rough patch and they seem to believe that because they have millions that they should instantly get on the manager's back when something goes wrong and that simple isn't the way in which they should be handling themselves.

Disgusting. I wish André all the best and I hope Chelsea crash and burn.

I've no idea whats going on with the Mucha/Hahnemann cup thing. Jan Mucha is always our second keeper but for some reason in every FA Cup tie Marcus has been bench warming for us, is he giving Jan a break because he knows Howard won't come off?

I'm happy anyway about the team. I'm glad that Seamus is only on the bench because I don't want to see him injured and I really hope that Vellios gets on (so long as it's not to claw back from a 1-0 defecit). Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Heitinga, Distin and Neville should be good at the back and capable enough to keep Blackpool at bay. Gueye is someone who I don't rate so I can't say I'm over-excited to see him play but I am looking forward to seeing what Royston can do against lower-tier opposition, his jinking runs might just work tonight.

Big Denis will probably score today, I'd put money on it with the way he works.

3-0 I say, with a team like that we should not be conceding against lesser opposition; Stracqualursi (2) Vellios.

Edit: Scores from elsewhere: Chelsea 1 (Sturridge 62') Birmingham City 1 (Murphey 20') - Mata misses a penalty for the hosts.

Edited by Zoo

Because DM thinks it will work. Im not so sure. 0-1 today

Where has the optemism gone? Do you really think that we are going to lose against Blackpool? Whether it will be a tricky tie or not we should be behind the team, two defensive midfielders isn't the best tactic but I still think we will win. If we play two DM's (although I don't agree with it) we are not likely to concede so I can see us walking away from this with our heads held high.

2 dm's at home to blackpool...fuckin...pathetic..that's all i have to say regardless of the result

Agreed. I'm not going to get on Moyes back before the game has even kicked off but I do believe that we should be going more attacking against 'pool. Maybe he is thinking keep it tight at the back and have Gueye/Drenthe for the counter?

we shouldn't be counter attacking...we should be hammerin the door down..neville is SHITE in midfield...he's been ok at right back...not great but solid enough...i've not really moaned about the barkley thing too much but you have to wonder how shit that boy is in trainin to have neville ahead of him in midfield

Where has the optemism gone? Do you really think that we are going to lose against Blackpool? Whether it will be a tricky tie or not we should be behind the team, two defensive midfielders isn't the best tactic but I still think we will win. If we play two DM's (although I don't agree with it) we are not likely to concede so I can see us walking away from this with our heads held high.

Agreed. I'm not going to get on Moyes back before the game has even kicked off but I do believe that we should be going more attacking against 'pool. Maybe he is thinking keep it tight at the back and have Gueye/Drenthe for the counter?

We had the same attitude against Reading last year...

And "Keeping it tight" is exactly what we shouldnt be thinking against Blackpool.