IGNORED

Haye and Chisora

We've been spoilt in recent years with greats like Lewis, Bruno, McGuigan, Collins, Eubank, even Hatton to a certain extent and now we've got shite like this. Overpaid thugs... let them (quote) "shoot or burn each other"... I hear Chisora has been detained, to be honest Germany can keep both of them - neither fit to lace the boots of some our countries greats!

David Haye is a right dickhead and a disgrace to British boxing.

Totally agreed, I always thought that he was a knob and this has just made me dislike him even more. I don't know the ins and outs of why he did it but it's clear that Haye started the fight by taunting Chisora and although he should never have engaged into a fight and took the bait I can't say I blame him.

Surely these two will be punished for thier actions? Because when all said and done this is surely sending out a bad message to the rest of the world about Britain.

David Haye is a right dickhead and a disgrace to British boxing.

To be honest I think Chisora is the bigger nobhead. Haye has done some questionable things but Chisora has been nothing short of a disgrace in the build up by slapping Klitchko and then by spitting water in his face.

I obviously wasnt there but the rumours are that it was Klitchko's promoter who started goading Haye and then Chisora & Warren started doing the same. After all Chisora was the one who walked 20 yards to go and have a fight with Haye, and like any boxer would Haye stood his ground. The worst bit on that second film is where Chisora is saying he is going to shoot Haye. Fucking disgrace...

Totally agreed, I always thought that he was a knob and this has just made me dislike him even more. I don't know the ins and outs of why he did it but it's clear that Haye started the fight by taunting Chisora and although he should never have engaged into a fight and took the bait I can't say I blame him.

Surely these two will be punished for thier actions? Because when all said and done this is surely sending out a bad message to the rest of the world about Britain.

I think its the other way round tbh Zoo as I said in my post above. They were goading Haye to start with. Both should definitely be punished but the book should be thrown at Chisora.

Maybe you're right, I didn't watch the video in too much detail so I presumed that Haye started winding Chisora up to get a reaction but I woulden't argue that Haye had been provoked beforehand.

Both should have handled themselves better because at the end of the day they are proffessionals with people looking up to them, who wants their son/daughter to have an idol that gets into a punch up in a press conferance and ends up swinging tri-pods around the place and shouting threats of murder? They should both be disciplined accordingly for what has happened and both should be forced to come out and apologise.

What are the two boxers weights however? I mean whats stopping Chisora from asking Haye for an official fight (and vice versa) that would be interesting.

Haye shouldn't have been in the press conference and certainly shouldn't have shouting his mouth off in there. Haye's gripe was to do with not getting his promised vitali fight and he wanted to say this publically (it wasn't his time, it was post match time!), chisora has a gripe about haye doing something to fuck up the box office fights - I don't know what - and it just escalated!!!

Ban Chisora! smile.png

Can plainly see Chisora has a bottle in his hand (at 3.05) and yet he says (a hundred odd times) "He glassed me" but he has no wound.

Frank Warren should have stopped him leaving the stage, or at least tried, instead of smirking like the oily little shite he is. Fucking hate that man.

Can plainly see Chisora has a bottle in his hand (at 3.05) and yet he says (a hundred odd times) "He glassed me" but he has no wound.

Frank Warren should have stopped him leaving the stage, or at least tried, instead of smirking like the oily little shite he is. Fucking hate that man.

Agreed Mike, It was just horrible to watch that, i also agree with Mark in that Haye was just pissed that Chisora put a better fight up, added to the fact he wanted to challenge the klitchko's, but Haye has no boxing license and was there to commentate i think, not start a fight. Haye should be prevented from gaining another license and Chisora basically threatened to shoot and burn Haye, so hopefully they will just ban him for good, he's done loads of stupid stuff before and is just a nob. Edited by theprisoner

Just throwing this into the ring (oh dear :P)

fightact_2143862b.jpg

This picture, imo, quite clearly indicates that it is indeed Haye who punches Chisora first and with bottle in hand. The neck of the bottle can be seen clentched between fiingers and thumb, and the 'spill' is a combination of glass and liquid.

Mike there is a huge possibility that Chisora wouldn't have been 'cut' from the connection of Hayes bottle but more like to have felt the force of it instead. It's like when people go through glass windows etc, they don't ness' get cut or end up wounded.

CHisora was the antagonist (getting up to confront Haye) but Haye started the fight, no question...

My understanding of being "glassed" is being hit/cut with broken glass J.....the picture shows Haye punching Chisora while holding a bottle which he was drinking from all through the verbals so he plainly didn't go and pick one up with the express intention of using it as a weapon.

Don't know who threw the first punch but if it was Chisora then Haye probably would have just reacted without thinking "I'll just find somewhere to put down this bottle".

My understanding of being "glassed" is being hit/cut with broken glass J.....the picture shows Haye punching Chisora while holding a bottle which he was drinking from all through the verbals so he plainly didn't go and pick one up with the express intention of using it as a weapon.

Don't know who threw the first punch but if it was Chisora then Haye probably would have just reacted without thinking "I'll just find somewhere to put down this bottle".

He was hit with the bottle though? Haye threw the punch with a bottle in his hand, he knew damn-well that it was in his hand when he threw the punch. If he wasn't intending to do some damage (with the bottle) imo, he'd have dropped it before hitting him. 'Glassed' is used in modern society to describe being hit by a glass object or implement, if i hit someone around the face/head with a glass bottle, it'll be reffered to as being 'glassed'. I wasn't saying that Haye 'picked' one up with the intention to 'glass' him, but he certainly hit him, with a glass bottle in his hand, which smashed on impact with Chisora's face and that in my book is snide bastard Haye; "bottling", "glassing", "smashing" in the face.

If you watch the video, i think its obvious who threw the first punch. Haye jabs Chisora with a left (2:08 to be exact) and then swings (with glass bottle in hand - just before 2:09) with his right (picture caught impact above), CHisora retaliates.

I'm not sticking up for him but Haye certainly caused the major and most dangerous part of the ruckuss. No question.

Edited by tenaciousj

Add to that, Haye picks up a crate or chair later on and throws it into the entourage.

It's one of the tripods that the camera crew were using. It said on one of the news sites that he picked it up and swung for Chisora's head before smacking his own trainer (as Chisora presumably ducked) in the head which caused him to suffer a nasty cut.

Think if you punch someone with a bottle in your hand and the glass breaks the thing that'll be cut worst is your hand.

I was thinking that to be honest... they would get the power of the bottle but you'd get lots of gashes from the glass shattering through your skin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...