IGNORED

Manchester United

pete0

You can't get away from the fact that under kenwrights tenure we have had no organic growth - just decline. What we have seen is desperate book balancing. By that I mean: Rooney sale, lescott sale, arteta sale, bellefield sale, finch farm sale, mortgaging against future tv revenue and season tickets.

All masqueraded in the form of a Leighton , a fellaini, jelavic, loan signings - football players are intangible assets. Our security was the roof over our heads, our training ground, low debt. We have lost fixed assets and increased debt - ah but that's ok cos mark Hughes and ginola aren't playing for us?!

We are a couple of essential sales (appease banks) and poor backfills away from a poor team that will not feature anywhere near where we should be. We ain't got the financial infrastructure to wipe off a dalglish esque signing or two. we would have to stick with Adam and Henderson. All managers can make bad signings, when ours happen the consequences are compounded because of the board we have.

Kenwright could have sold us - should have sold us but can't. Pick a reason... Phillip green is the man driving the terms, he loves his status, he ain't gotta clue. Bit of everything me thinks..,

lol I see you have swerved that question again then haf!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has a right to their opinion there's no need to label and chastise what people follow or believe in whether that be the Blue Union or Moyes being a great manager it just makes you sound like an arrogant bellend.

I agree with abit of what both of You have to say in regards to the club and so on but tend to lean abit more towards Haf as He clearly states facts in the correct way that are/could be very detrimental to this clubs future.

We all want what is best for Everton what that may be differs from person to person...human nature ladies!

I completely agree that we need a new owner and I agree that the current regime have stripped assets in order to save us from doing a Sheffield Wednesday/Coventry/Derby/Leeds etc . It was never going to be a sustainable policy and now Bill has nothing else to sell hence the mess the club is in now

Nobody else wanted to save the club from Johnson at the time and so if it wasnt for BK and his asset stripping we could be playing League 2 football now

I know I will never get a straight answer from Haf or any of the Buffoon Union cronies on what they would rather BK had done so I will leave it at that and I will try not to get drawn into it again because it is boring going round and round in circles hearing the same old shite ( from both sides)

I still think coming back from 2 goals down, twice, at Old Trafford is a good result though!

Hmmm, tough one this! What I don't get is if our income is x and our expenditure is y, and lets face it x does not cover y, how come this has not been sorted out years ago? Why does it seem that we have to sell players to stay afloat? I just want the club to be 1. debt free 2. self sufficient. How do we go about this? Haven't the foggiest I'm afraid, if I did then I would make a bid for the club myself. Still, if paying off the debt so we don't have to keep loosing money every financial year means selling Felli, Baines/Jags with all the cash going to the banks and none for Moyes then so be it. Maybe a wage cap of £40,000 a week would start.ohmy.png

Guest Nikica

I can understand both sides of the above argument. On one hand, getting a point at OT would generally be considered a good result and you can't do much more there than score four goals. On the other hand, I think this United team is getting by on reputation and fear and more teams should have a go at them as they look very shaky when attacked.

However, you scored four goals, so it's not like you could have done much more in attack. It's the other end that cost yous.

Edited by Nikica

I completely agree that we need a new owner and I agree that the current regime have stripped assets in order to save us from doing a Sheffield Wednesday/Coventry/Derby/Leeds etc . It was never going to be a sustainable policy and now Bill has nothing else to sell hence the mess the club is in now

Nobody else wanted to save the club from Johnson at the time and so if it wasnt for BK and his asset stripping we could be playing League 2 football now

I know I will never get a straight answer from Haf or any of the Buffoon Union cronies on what they would rather BK had done so I will leave it at that and I will try not to get drawn into it again because it is boring going round and round in circles hearing the same old shite ( from both sides)

I still think coming back from 2 goals down, twice, at Old Trafford is a good result though!

I think there are things that we are looking to do now, that we should have been actively persuing in the past. I am talking about the marketing & merchandising deals, the ways to build a new stadium, actually looking for buyer (considering the Kirkby enquiry said BK wasnt). We dont know the ins & outs so its impossible for either side to speak conclusively either way. BK has done some good things and some bad things, and its my opinion on the information that is about for everyone to see on several pages of these threads that opportunities have been missed that would have allowed us to compete on a better financial footing.

Going back to the game, if you had said that we would come back like that at OT I would have been delighted but I cant help but feel that we missed a golden opportunity to beat Utd in their own back yard. Its frustrating because we clearly had the ability to do it and take advantage of a poor United performance but we didnt. Bar about 20mins of magical football from them, that wasnt a typical Man Utd performance. We all support Everton and we all want the best for them. I might sound negative but its because I am optimistic about what we can do with the players we have, as we showed today! smile.png