IGNORED

Manchester United

pete0

I don't see Felliani as a DM, nor do I see him as an attacking midfielder, for me he should be playing in the middle where he can dominate a game and influence both attacking and defensive phases of play. I see him as a box-to-box, ball-winning midfielder. I think Gibson brings the best out in him as he stays very disciplined and sits in front of the back 4 and allows Felliani the freedom to roam and dominate the game wherever it is being played, but I would still like to see a more advanced playmaker playing in front of him supporting the striker.

While I dont disagree that he can do that job, for me he is by far the best player at dominating that space infront of the CB's and I think it showed today that he wasnt there sweeping up the balls that went into Welbeck & Rooney. He did very well higher up the pitch, but he doesnt have that creativity and guile that others have. He dominated Utd aerially because they didnt deal with him at all and they never really dropped one of their midfielders deeper to counter him, which in fairness to Moyes, was probably the plan. Every man and his dog know that Evans isnt the greatest in the air against strong attackers, and second half especially he exploited that. Felli still had to make it work and its credit to him and his quality that he made the most of it and I loved the way he celebrated the goals!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you watch the reply again Neville actually points to Rooney to say he is mine. He does the hard work, gets back in there and then gives him the yard he needs to score. It wasnt the only time he let runners go or give them space to shoot either.

He was pushing jags onto the man in their sight, Heitinga should have been marking Rooney and Distin as left back the back post area. As dm Neville should have been the extra man in the box rather than being 1 for 1 as we were (as Heitinga was picking up who Distin should have).

He was pushing jags onto the man in their sight, Heitinga should have been marking Rooney and Distin as left back the back post area. As dm Neville should have been the extra man in the box rather than being 1 for 1 as we were (as Heitinga was picking up who Distin should have).

but if neville says i've got him surely you trust the skipper to do his job?

So is getting dummied by a 23 year old messi exceptable? whats age got to fuckin do with it?

Messi is an exception in any case. Add to the fact that he's played in CL finals I don't really see your point. My point was that getting dummied so easily by a relatively inexperienced 20 year old after you've played in a WC final and have numourus caps for Holland is too easy. I love Heitinga, he's easy the best CB we have but he didn't have a good game yesterday, neither did jags really but I can't really fault jags for the goals. I think people are being a bit harsh on Neville as well, he couldn't do much about the header it was a good ball, and the pass into Fellini for the last goal was superb.

I was thinking of you guys all the way back down the M62 and its nice to see you didnt let me down!

it wasnt down to moyes for once though was it, it was the players who shown fight and never stopped, moyes just finally forgot the hoofball we usually play against the big teams but fair enough i wasnt expecting 4-4 well done! Fellaini can play atttacking midfield but he isnt one, its just down to the fact he's a class act and players like that shine all over the park, he isnt a modric who is a true attacking midfielder he's just shown how poor tim has been at linking up this year, thought Gibson and Fellaini close for motm, both of them put in top performances.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I was thinking of you guys all the way back down the M62 and its nice to see you didnt let me down!

Translated = I went the game you bunch of negative doom mongers...

we know you go the game dunc, you are probably the biggest Evertonian after Blue Bill and we are just mere internet warriors who play computer games with the game playing on a link...

Newsflash.... United are not that good and they were there for the taking - big time. Why did moyes moan about the 5 minutes injury time? - we had all the momentum, they were well and truly rocking. Small time mentality. We almost looked shocked to equalise. Should have won the game.

Guest Nikica

we know you go the game dunc, you are probably the biggest Evertonian after Blue Bill and we are just mere internet warriors who play computer games with the game playing on a link...

Newsflash.... United are not that good and they were there for the taking - big time. Why did moyes moan about the 5 minutes injury time? - we had all the momentum, they were well and truly rocking. Small time mentality. We almost looked shocked to equalise. Should have won the game.

I actually agree with this. Man United struggle when pressed and when teams attack them. I wasn't surprised to see you attain a draw yesterday, and with a little better defending you could easily have won the game (although to be fair Welbeck's part in three of their goals was excellent, I don't rate Welbeck much thus far in his career but he played well second half yesterday). Teams always get joy when they put United under pressure. Of course it is easier said than done, but you attacked them at stages yesterday and, as throughout this season and even before, United didn't look comfortable.

Again, congrats on a very good performance yesterday (I don't support Everton).

The bit in bold was kind of my point, wether I go the game or not is totally irrelevant

I know you are very anti Everton but have a word with yourself, Weve just got a fantastic result at OT in a game that was vital to Man U winning the league and still you moan.Fair enough you have gone to all the trouble of plugging your keyboard in so you are entitled to have a go, but if your going to bleat like an old woman every time they get it wrong at least give them a bit of credit when they get it right

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Guest Nikica

The bit in bold was kind of my point, wether I go the game or not is totally irrelevant

I know you are very anti Everton but have a word with yourself, Weve just got a fantastic result at OT in a game that was vital to Man U winning the league and still you moan

Your fourth goal was a thing of beauty, it really was.

People have been talking about the defending, but had Man City scored that goal we'd still be hearing about it.

Your fourth goal was a thing of beauty, it really was.

People have been talking about the defending, but had Man City scored that goal we'd still be hearing about it.

Agree on the goal....they were all good but the play leading up to the fourth was special, Watched it time and again earlier.

The annoying thing about the defending thing is that Ferguson thought their goals were things of beauty and ours were down to bad defending. Moyes could have said exactly the same thing and it'd have been equally as correct (or incorrect) but the media only report the United perspective.

Guest Nikica

Agree on the goal....they were all good but the play leading up to the fourth was special, Watched it time and again earlier.

The annoying thing about the defending thing is that Ferguson thought their goals were things of beauty and ours were down to bad defending. Moyes could have said exactly the same thing and it'd have been equally as correct (or incorrect) but the media only report the United perspective.

Yeah, methodical build-up play was good, then quckening the pace to get Fellaini into the box and the movement from Pienaar was fantastic as was Fellaini's vision in spotting his run after he turned his man.

Yep, I lurk on various forums as I enjoy reading football debate, and on a United site they always give it from their perspective as well. I know that might be expected, but I like to see football fans try and be objective about their team. They always talk about how they'd have won games if not for conceding 'silly goals', but decline to mention that often their goals are quite 'cheap' as well.

I think most of yesterday's goals were excellent, but as with most goals, there are going to be defensive errors there, it's just how football works. I could easily say that the Everton player (I forget who), was sold the dummy too easily for Welbeck's goal, or that Nani should not have been given so much space to play in the in-swinging cross for their first (wing play has been Man United's main tactic for a long time and I am amazed that full-backs still give them so much space to get their crosses in).

However, that would be taking away from good goals, as it is by saying yours were defensive errors. Even the best goals tend to be preventable, that's just how football works. it generally doesn't make a great goal any less aesthetically pleasing.

In my experience from reading their sites, and from hearing Ferguson talk, they only look at it from their perspective, as you say. It's annoying but I suppose they won't change.

Edited by Nikica

IMO our goals 1, 3, and 4 were all our own doing.

1st goal come with a bit of luck, a looped header which was unstoppable.

3rd was a class finish

4th we carved them apart

It's hard to see what goal they scored we couldnt of prevented, all very sloppy defending.

Guest Nikica

3rd was a class finish

4th we carved them apart

It's hard to see what goal they scored we couldnt of prevented, all very sloppy defending.

I suppose it depends how far back you go.

Every goal is 'preventable' at its source, but I tend to agree with you that most of your goals were excellent. In saying that, Evans and Rafael did defend appallingly at times. But, as I say, it takes nothing away from any of your goals, which all involved fantastic build-up play and/or excellent finishing. I definitely think your goals were better than theirs, although I liked Nani's goal.

Some people think every goal scored is bad defending. I've come across people who can't credit Messi for his goals because they incorrectly think that teams in Spain cannot defend for toffee (excuse the pun). It's just the way some people are - they take a pessimistic approach to the game.

Edited by Nikica

Dunc, get a grip. Because you go to every game doesn't give you more credibility than a keyboard warrior. If you need me to pull examples of your mindset with that regard I will.

I'm not anti everton, I'm pro everton which is why I will not accept diluted piss poor expectations. You just keep clapping, apathy is killing the club.

Yesterday's game was a microcosm of moyes. Great lets celebrate a point! No - let's look at where we were shite and look to improve. They were there for the taking.

Was the weekend the first time an Everton side scored four goals at Old Trafford as I can't recall such a thing before. The 3-0 in 1992 was the last time we scored so many up there I'm certain of it. The season may have been poor at times, there will be no end product, but I was well pleased at getting a draw at Manchester, especially in the manner it arrived late on. We have found a decent and exciting striker in Jelavic, have some big game players, have put in some worthwhile and credible performances the last few weeks, there is a certain level of expectation next season some would say, dependant on a number of factors of course, but any side that scores four at United has to be pleased with their endeavors.

3rd was a class finish

4th we carved them apart

what about fellaini's volley? the technique required for that is not easy at all..although i suppose you're lookin at it from the point of view that he was unmarked?

Was the weekend the first time an Everton side scored four goals at Old Trafford as I can't recall such a thing before. The 3-0 in 1992 was the last time we scored so many up there I'm certain of it. The season may have been poor at times, there will be no end product, but I was well pleased at getting a draw at Manchester, especially in the manner it arrived late on. We have found a decent and exciting striker in Jelavic, have some big game players, have put in some worthwhile and credible performances the last few weeks, there is a certain level of expectation next season some would say, dependant on a number of factors of course, but any side that scores four at United has to be pleased with their endeavors.

apparently not...checkin evertonresults,com and it says in september 1985 we won 4-2 away in the super cup that was there to replace europe when english teams got a ban after heysel..it was in the group stages...on my birthday actually but before i was born of course ;)

in the the league you have to go back to october 1956 when we won 5-2...turns out to be on my sisters birthday too...pointless comments i know but weird that the dates fit like that..

what about fellaini's volley? the technique required for that is not easy at all..although i suppose you're lookin at it from the point of view that he was unmarked?

Was a superb goal. Had got Fellaini's mixed up with Jelavic's 2nd which is the only sloppy goal, just rewatched them and I'd be surprised if we ever give away four goals so easily in another match in my life time, everyone of them was easily preventable.

Was a superb goal. Had got Fellaini's mixed up with Jelavic's 2nd which is the only sloppy goal, just rewatched them and I'd be surprised if we ever give away four goals so easily in another match in my life time, everyone of them was easily preventable.

Thats the ironic thing about the other day though, our defending was comical at times. Edited by theprisoner

The statement about Messi is a load of bollocks. He has scored many hat-tricks against Real Madrid in the El Clasico, are those people trying to say that Real Madrid can't defend for toffee? Also he put five past Bayern Leverkusen on his own, they didn't have a good day Bayern but they still conceded 3-4 world class goals against a world class player.

As for our goals against United I think all of them were down to bad defending - they gave us too much room and we made them pay for it.

The statement about Messi is a load of bollocks. He has scored many hat-tricks against Real Madrid in the El Clasico, are those people trying to say that Real Madrid can't defend for toffee? Also he put five past Bayern Leverkusen on his own, they didn't have a good day Bayern but they still conceded 3-4 world class goals against a world class player.

As for our goals against United I think all of them were down to bad defending - they gave us too much room and we made them pay for it.

Mesi got nowhere near the Chelsea goal, as their defenders done their job. Just played him on to his right foot and he was little short of useless.

Guest blueboy122

Mesi got nowhere near the Chelsea goal, as their defenders done their job. Just played him on to his right foot and he was little short of useless.

Agreed, Chelsea played him superbly kept him away from the goal and on the right foot. Didnt really have any impact on the game.

Dunc, get a grip. Because you go to every game doesn't give you more credibility than a keyboard warrior. If you need me to pull examples of your mindset with that regard I will.

I'm not anti everton, I'm pro everton which is why I will not accept diluted piss poor expectations. You just keep clapping, apathy is killing the club.

Yesterday's game was a microcosm of moyes. Great lets celebrate a point! No - let's look at where we were shite and look to improve. They were there for the taking.

If you have some kind of inferiority complex because your an armchair fan thats your problem. I have stated on numerous occasions that me being a match goer is irrelevant

What I do is I SUPPORT the club, look it up in the dictionary because what you do is a million miles away from supporting. I have no issue with you being an armchair fan, I dont know you, or your circumstances. For all I know you could live in Australia. So I really dont have an issue with you not going to the game.

What I do have an issue with is your constant whinging about everything and everyone connected to the club. You keep quoting your Bufoonisms such as " clapping apathy". Well I think its you who needs to get a grip. Wake up and smell the coffee, the club is skint and under the circumstances Moyes is doing an unbeleivably good job

People at the game, people in the pub afterwards, people in work and the media all seem to think it was a fantastic result and performance. But oh no you have to see nothing but the negative.

As I said last time its fine to criticise when they get it wrong but when they get it right why do you have to be so negative?

A point at Old Trafford is a good result for any side, except matbe Man Utd