IGNORED

Manchester United

pete0

Noticed that Rooney didn't celebrate either of his goals against us. I'm glad to see how respectful he's been towards us lately. Much better than the days when he went kissing the ManU badge at Goodison.

That still doesn't make it any better or we can forget or forgive the incident from before, the kid's responsible for his own actions, should know how to present himself etc, he's matured now from the badge kissing nonsense of before and must realize such actions are simply inappropriate, however I feel personally, he should be aware he's a naturally gifted player with great potential and should concentrate on that. He's the countries biggest hope going into the summer tourney in Ukraine.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched round at my friends place, (which is why I wasn't posting during the game. Bloody hell. It was fantastic, and we could have actually won I think we were the bosses in the first half. We easily held our own in the second half and we were well worth an unexpected draw.

Spot on Romey (won't quote it as it's a biggun'!)

Respect for this!

It gets right on my tits when people quote a post of about 30 lines to say something like 'Agreed'. Just mention the persons name for fucks sake.

Anyways, nice to see we came back from 4-2 down which was obviously a lot to ask at Old Trafford and the form that United have been in, nice to see that Rooney showed us respect rather than how he was a few years back (although we did give him some stick in all fairness). I now wonder where we will be on MOTD, surely a 4-4 draw against United won't go on after a dismal 0-0 draw between Doncaster Roves and Dagenham Girls School?

I don't hold anything against rooney's badge kissing... imagine thousands of blues shouting stuff about your wife and child - he gave back what some of our fans earned... respect is a two way thing!

I don't think Rooney was even married at the time of incident or had had his kid even from what I can recall so we can't really use that as an excuse. He simply did something inappropriate at the time and maybe learned from his wrongdoings and now knows better etc.

Just got confirmation that Liverpool have lost at home to West Bromwich Albion, the fat slug Chiles will be sliming about well pleased as we all are right now, fucking great result though and well done Bromwich, been a good afternoon for Toffees cool.png

Say it pre-match, fair do's... but not after watching that!

Dare I say if man u had a Neville type leader on the pitch today e.g. Giggs - they wouldn't have let a 2 goal lead slip - TWICE!

No they wouldnt of neville is just a passenger shouldnt have been a mong and got the wrong side of rooney then he was involved in not getting to the 2nd goal aswell. just becuase we shown a bit of fight dont suddenly think its was down to neville because gibson and fellaini done the job in midfield all game thought distin put a shift in at left back valencia has caused problems most games he's played.

I obviously watched a different game to some of you today, and probably not for the first time either wink.png

I actually agree with SAF, the goals we scored and how we were allowed into those positions were generally down to poor defending (bar the last which was pure quality) although I think Utd's were also down to poor defending (except Rooney's 2nd, which was world class interplay and movement even if I think we could have done a bit better).

i thought distin was shite myself...defo showed he's no left back

Yeh Distin was all over the shop, normally the FB's tuck right in but when the pressure was on he was leaving big gaps. Did as well as could be expected though IMO, as you say, he just isnt a left back!

the build up to the first goal was nice play too...

Fabio still left Jelavic with a bucket load of space he shouldnt have had. If Fabio jumps up with him, its very unlikely he would score (a bit like Jags did with Rooney earlier in the game). Still a cracking header though.

F off moyes, hoping to try and stifle them, complete and utter disgrace of a line up. May stay and watch the marathon, more exciting than what we are set for.

i'm watchin the f1...not watchin this shite..it's gonna be 10/11 behind the ball for 90

Oh God... What a load of shite. Looks like we will have at least 4 players out of position as well as potentially having our weakest CB pairing. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Moyes has lost us another game before we have started. Starting to get really annoyed at moyes he's a negative twat, to say top ten is good enough proves my point aswell, if we dont finish ahead of them red cunts then im not blaming anyone but the manager.

Is moyes a fucking idiot!?

James Mcfadden has come on (bad enough) when we are 3-1 down for another attacking player. Why not take off one of the 8 defensive players we have on the pitch you fucking knob. Hasn't got a clue.

moyes gave the game up before it kicked off...just cos we have some quality up front in jelavic and fellaini actually got a shot in target that we scored...why isn't barkley on instead of mcfadden? what's the worst that could happen? game is over now

we'll still lose.....

I was thinking of you guys all the way back down the M62 and its nice to see you didnt let me down!

I was thinking of you guys all the way back down the M62 and its nice to see you didnt let me down!

Ill admit I was harsh but I wasnt necessarily wrong. I still cant believe at 3-1 or 4-2 down he goes like for like with the Mcfadden sub. He just got away with it this time. There have been countless times when he hasnt.

Fair play to Rooney for not celebrating. I've definitely noticed him mature over the last couple years, and for the last year in particular he's been nothing but respectful towards the club. In fact, in the last couple of months he seems to be more comfortable expressing his passion for Everton which is something that's to be welcomed imo!

A fine day all round. Expecting the worst we actually took the game to Man Utd from the start and began with confidence. A deserved goal to put us in the lead. However our negative traits came to the fore and resulted in United taking control. Having gone 3-1 down and looked out of it we weathered the storm and came back into the game, going 4-2 down, all around thought it was curtains but we stuck at it and scored two great goals to earn a deserved point. I have family from Manchester who support United and all agreed, citing Fellaini as man of the match. For once it was nice to walk out of Old Trafford with a smile.

just got back from the game....all i can say is WOW. sat pretty much next to sharpy the whole game, he is a top bloke and got my photo with him!

couple of pointers from today....

1.Phil Nev should NEVER be allowed to play in midfield again. i would rather jan mucha play there than him! HOWEVER, i think if he had started at left back we wouldnt have conseeded 4.

2. Distan should NEVER play left back again. he was shockly out of position and imo at fault for a few goals today, maybe not directly but indirectly.

3. People saying felli should be a DM, im sorry i disagree. we have gibson who sits in front of the back 4 mopping up, felli played the cahill roll today and was immense. He also did this when he came on against swansea which i was at and changed the game there to. I would be made up if moyes built a team around him and jelly playing this system week in week out.

4. Jelly is a top finisher and im confidant he will get us many many points next year.

5. Signing the pie man back is a MUST and i would be happy if we only signed one person this summer and its him.

6.Moyes needs to grow a set and not "going for it" when we are 2 goals down.

7. People slagging macfadden off need to get a grip. for a freebie, he made maybe one stray pass (which distin recovered anyway) and was very creative with his runs on and off the ball. Give the lad a break. BTW, im a HUGE barkley fan and cant wait to see him week in week out, but that isnt Jimmy mac's fault and IMO he helped us going forward a great deal.

8. Sharpy is a top bloke who i would love to have a pint with!

9. if we had played a creative midfielder instead of nev today we would have been alot more balanced, i hope we can land a decent bargain basement, maybe lower league?

10. Old Trafford is a nightmare to walk around (no signs inside at all!) and a nightmare to get out of in a car grrrr

11. im so happy that i dont think i will sleep for a week!

No they wouldnt of neville is just a passenger shouldnt have been a mong and got the wrong side of rooney then he was involved in not getting to the 2nd goal aswell. just becuase we shown a bit of fight dont suddenly think its was down to neville because gibson and fellaini done the job in midfield all game thought distin put a shift in at left back valencia has caused problems most games he's played.

A few have made their mind up about neville already - he played well today and yes united were missing a leader. On the rooney goal, he shouldn't have been neville's man in the first place, as mentioned before I think that was possibly Johnny's worst game as a cb in the royal blue jersey - he or jags should have been on rooney as cb's. Distin for me was poor and I expect to see neville at lb for the fulham match. United simply didn't use valencia enough today.

I don't see Felliani as a DM, nor do I see him as an attacking midfielder, for me he should be playing in the middle where he can dominate a game and influence both attacking and defensive phases of play. I see him as a box-to-box, ball-winning midfielder. I think Gibson brings the best out in him as he stays very disciplined and sits in front of the back 4 and allows Felliani the freedom to roam and dominate the game wherever it is being played, but I would still like to see a more advanced playmaker playing in front of him supporting the striker.

Didnt think jags was too bad tbh, he wasnt good, but he wasnt bad. Heintinga got done by 2 dummies from a 20-21 year old. He's a WC finalist, for me that isnt good enough.

So is getting dummied by a 23 year old messi exceptable? whats age got to fuckin do with it?

A few have made their mind up about neville already - he played well today and yes united were missing a leader. On the rooney goal, he shouldn't have been neville's man in the first place, as mentioned before I think that was possibly Johnny's worst game as a cb in the royal blue jersey - he or jags should have been on rooney as cb's. Distin for me was poor and I expect to see neville at lb for the fulham match. United simply didn't use valencia enough today.

If you watch the reply again Neville actually points to Rooney to say he is mine. He does the hard work, gets back in there and then gives him the yard he needs to score. It wasnt the only time he let runners go or give them space to shoot either.

I dont think Heitinga or Jags were great today but at times they were trying to mark 3 players through the centre where both of the midfielders had just let runners past them. When you add that to the fact that Hibbert wasnt having his best game defensively against Nani and that Distin was leaving gaps then its not unsurprising that they didnt play that well.