IGNORED

Manchester United

pete0

I pretty much agree with everything that's said above.

Whether you've been to every game or just a few we are all Everton supporters and are entitled to an opinion. Don't bash the team when they do well and dont get on Moyes and BK's backs when we win because it just makes you look a tit. I think under these times of limited cash-flow we need to be as positive as we can be and be happy when the team gets something right (such as a 4-4 draw against Manchester United).

I'd of taken it before half-time and taken it at full-time too.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a side note anyone see the story about that chap who put a bet on? jelavic first scorer and 4-4 result...4000/1 he put a quid on it

Yeah,he's picked a few other players as well so he probs puts 4-4 every week. Nice 4 grand in his pocket though so it's been worth his while.

I put £1 (which sometimes becomes £2, £3, £4 or £5) on a few scenarios each week - little loss each week for potential tidy win! I had Pienaar first or last to score at 18-1 a few seasons ago and put £1 on - claimed my winnings and popped the notes in the wallet and put £4 on us to beat melatlist 3-2 at their place at 25-1 - nice little win but regretted putting the £15 in my wallet!

There was this guy in 2000 who put on a spread bet with all kinds of improbable outcomes, and he put down fifty pence and won about £400,000 because of it, it was bizarre.

He had United to win the League, the shite to win the FA cup, League Cup, Bayern Munich to win the European Cup, whoever it was to win the second and third divisions, SPL champions etc etc, the odds were astronomical but it all came to pass, it was big news at the time.

Guest blueboy122

Dont really get the whole betting thing these days, practically everyone does it these days. I wouldnt know where to start in a betting shop. I wouldnt set foot in one to be honest, there full of alcoholics and down and outs haha.

Dont really get the whole betting thing these days, practically everyone does it these days. I wouldnt know where to start in a betting shop. I wouldnt set foot in one to be honest, there full of alcoholics and down and outs haha.

It does make a weekend of fixtures a whole lot more interesting and fun to watch (or frustrating if the last game on a multi fucks it for you).

A couple of mates and I just usually pick 4-6 results and chuck $5 on it, great buzz when you win enough money for a night out for picking winners.

If you have some kind of inferiority complex because your an armchair fan thats your problem. I have stated on numerous occasions that me being a match goer is irrelevant

What I do is I SUPPORT the club, look it up in the dictionary because what you do is a million miles away from supporting. I have no issue with you being an armchair fan, I dont know you, or your circumstances. For all I know you could live in Australia. So I really dont have an issue with you not going to the game.

What I do have an issue with is your constant whinging about everything and everyone connected to the club. You keep quoting your Bufoonisms such as " clapping apathy". Well I think its you who needs to get a grip. Wake up and smell the coffee, the club is skint and under the circumstances Moyes is doing an unbeleivably good job

People at the game, people in the pub afterwards, people in work and the media all seem to think it was a fantastic result and performance. But oh no you have to see nothing but the negative.

As I said last time its fine to criticise when they get it wrong but when they get it right why do you have to be so negative?

A point at Old Trafford is a good result for any side, except matbe Man Utd

Club is skint

It has been in all the time of kenwrights tenure - not good enough, they do not deserve to be at the helm of such a historic and successful club. Do I just ignore the missed opportunities and lies that we have had to endure - because you need to get behind the club? No, I want to highlight the asset utilisation that has left us with nothing left to mortgage, the ridiculous loans taken out, the sale of finch farm only to rent back which will cost us millions. The realisation that continued sales of our best talent is going to be the only way to appease the banks may change your stance, because lets be honest, I wouldn't trust Bill to run a charity cake sale, let alone that of a football club.

Moyes has done an unbelievably good job

With the talent he has at his disposal - which is down to his excellent recruitment skills, I would disagree. On one hand he deserves praise for balancing the books the way he has, by acquiring very good players, on the other hand he deserves criticism for the negative manner in which he has them playing. Look at his record against Liverpool - it's shocking, only a few times have I seen him set us up to have a go at them.

All in all, it points to a counter argument where people come out with the predictable "look at birmingham, portsmouth, leeds"

In which I would say "look at Sunderland, Spurs, Man city, Newcastle" - where were they over 10 years ago compared to us? Cos I know right now their infrastructure is far superior.

Do I need to make anyone sick by reposting Amanda Staverleys email from when she was buying a club for sheikh mansour? the difficulties she faced which ultimately may have cost us any chance of a sale (relating to ridiculous NDA)

Guest Nikica

Most people put their coupons on online these days. It makes things easier, but also means it's much more likely that a person will become addicted.

Club is skint

It has been in all the time of kenwrights tenure - not good enough, they do not deserve to be at the helm of such a historic and successful club. Do I just ignore the missed opportunities and lies that we have had to endure - because you need to get behind the club? No, I want to highlight the asset utilisation that has left us with nothing left to mortgage, the ridiculous loans taken out, the sale of finch farm only to rent back which will cost us millions. The realisation that continued sales of our best talent is going to be the only way to appease the banks may change your stance, because lets be honest, I wouldn't trust Bill to run a charity cake sale, let alone that of a football club.

Moyes has done an unbelievably good job

With the talent he has at his disposal - which is down to his excellent recruitment skills, I would disagree. On one hand he deserves praise for balancing the books the way he has, by acquiring very good players, on the other hand he deserves criticism for the negative manner in which he has them playing. Look at his record against Liverpool - it's shocking, only a few times have I seen him set us up to have a go at them.

All in all, it points to a counter argument where people come out with the predictable "look at birmingham, portsmouth, leeds"

In which I would say "look at Sunderland, Spurs, Man city, Newcastle" - where were they over 10 years ago compared to us? Cos I know right now their infrastructure is far superior.

Do I need to make anyone sick by reposting Amanda Staverleys email from when she was buying a club for sheikh mansour? the difficulties she faced which ultimately may have cost us any chance of a sale (relating to ridiculous NDA)

Ok lets deal with your ( extremely predictable) response to the club is skint.

I have asked you this countless times so I know you wont respond, ( the answer obviously is not in any of your Buffon Union leaflets)

We all agree that under BK the club has been stripped of its assets, so what would you and your cronies rather BK had done? Should we have kept on going, signing the likes of Ginola, Gazza amd Mark Hughes and faced up to the inevitable relegation so long as we had our off field assets intact?

Now we come to the question of Moyes and has he done a good job. Obviously you disagree because thats in your nature to be so negative.

Admittedly my cup might be half full, but I wouldnt say yours is half empty. I would say you havent even got a fucking cup your so negative.

Oh and Sunderland???? Just remind me again please where they are in the league, oh and how did they get on in the cup?

I have never for one minute claimed that Moyes is perfect, but I would definitely say that his positives far outweigh his negatives

as pissed off as i am with the money situation i gotta agree with duncan...i'd rather have the on field assets than a shite team that takes us down and off-field assets

I do agree, but players are not assets, and if they are they are not reliable ones as the market fluctuates so much and it depends a lot on injuries and age and other factors, and don't forget we nearly went down under Moyes in the early days, The other thing is, does'nt matter how good the players in the team are, if the manager is telling them to defend and hoof the ball (which Moyes does) then its shite football whether you like it or not. We have done the right thing imo, but at the same time i would have expected some of the off-field things to have changed by now, im sick of hearing the words "Searching 24/7 For Investment" well your not are you, because you were parading up and down Weatherfield with your silly smug grin the other day. Edited by theprisoner

i'm amazed at the whingin about the corrie thing...he took a few hours out of a couple days to do some filming..the investment isn't there...people need to just realise it..i'm as frustrated as anyone about it but that's how it is...if he had sold us to just anyone people would complain...he hasn't helped himself with the shite that he has come out with i'll agree but imagine if we got sold to venky's and not blackburn and they got rid of good players and didn't replace them with the money and employed and inexperienced manager who could very well take them down...jesus we'd be up in arms..

as for the negative football that isn't anythin to do with kenwright

You can't get away from the fact that under kenwrights tenure we have had no organic growth - just decline. What we have seen is desperate book balancing. By that I mean: Rooney sale, lescott sale, arteta sale, bellefield sale, finch farm sale, mortgaging against future tv revenue and season tickets.

All masqueraded in the form of a Leighton , a fellaini, jelavic, loan signings - football players are intangible assets. Our security was the roof over our heads, our training ground, low debt. We have lost fixed assets and increased debt - ah but that's ok cos mark Hughes and ginola aren't playing for us?!

We are a couple of essential sales (appease banks) and poor backfills away from a poor team that will not feature anywhere near where we should be. We ain't got the financial infrastructure to wipe off a dalglish esque signing or two. we would have to stick with Adam and Henderson. All managers can make bad signings, when ours happen the consequences are compounded because of the board we have.

Kenwright could have sold us - should have sold us but can't. Pick a reason... Phillip green is the man driving the terms, he loves his status, he ain't gotta clue. Bit of everything me thinks..,

You can't get away from the fact that under kenwrights tenure we have had no organic growth - just decline. What we have seen is desperate book balancing. By that I mean: Rooney sale, lescott sale, arteta sale, bellefield sale, finch farm sale, mortgaging against future tv revenue and season tickets.

All masqueraded in the form of a Leighton , a fellaini, jelavic, loan signings - football players are intangible assets. Our security was the roof over our heads, our training ground, low debt. We have lost fixed assets and increased debt - ah but that's ok cos mark Hughes and ginola aren't playing for us?!

We are a couple of essential sales (appease banks) and poor backfills away from a poor team that will not feature anywhere near where we should be. We ain't got the financial infrastructure to wipe off a dalglish esque signing or two. we would have to stick with Adam and Henderson. All managers can make bad signings, when ours happen the consequences are compounded because of the board we have.

Kenwright could have sold us - should have sold us but can't. Pick a reason... Phillip green is the man driving the terms, he loves his status, he ain't gotta clue. Bit of everything me thinks..,

Maybe we'd be better off with a lovely new stadium like the Ricoh...................?

Maybe we'd be better off with a lovely new stadium like the Ricoh...................?

Maybe we would have had one by now that did concerts, waterfront icon etc etc had the current board not messed up Kings Dock, possibly the greatest missed opportunity the fans have had to tolerate. The money was ring fenced - was it? Nope a lie, Gregg was going to deliver the funds if Kenwright backed off - so in came the fortress fund - a lie.

Roll on the years - a 'free stadium' out in Kirby - a lie, goodison will fail it's safety certificate - a lie.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

i'm amazed at the whingin about the corrie thing...he took a few hours out of a couple days to do some filming..the investment isn't there...people need to just realise it..i'm as frustrated as anyone about it but that's how it is...if he had sold us to just anyone people would complain...he hasn't helped himself with the shite that he has come out with i'll agree but imagine if we got sold to venky's and not blackburn and they got rid of good players and didn't replace them with the money and employed and inexperienced manager who could very well take them down...jesus we'd be up in arms..

as for the negative football that isn't anythin to do with kenwright

Aww, i was only having a laugh lol, i don't think he even got paid for it anyway did he. However suntan Bob said at that dinner the other night, a month ago there were 12 interested parties, yet now there is none, i find it hard to believe that not one of them was more suitable than the current regime. Also a club like Glasgow Rangers with that kind of debt and in such a poor league with little revenue othr than ticket sales can drum up 3 or 4 different parties, then something is clearly scaring off potential investors from EFC, be it a high asking price or something else we don't know at the moment

What i don't understand however is that why would Kenwright want to keep on like this, he knows alot of the fans have turned against him, but does'nt seem arsed in the slightest, so why does'nt he just sell for whatever and fuck off and leave the new owner to clear up after him? All that would happen is the fans would get more pissed at him, but he does'nt seem to care now does he. If you ask me, imo i think it's because he does'nt want to sell the club, i think he knows he has too, but is trying his upmost to keep hold of the reigns, and i think he is putting off prospective buyers by demanding to be involved in some form or another.

Edited by theprisoner

cos if he just sold up and fucked off at the first chance then we could be left with a venky's...is that what you would want? cos i certainly fuckin wouldn't want that bunch of idiots or anyone like anywhere near this club

No i don't, but i don't see why he would be bothered about it, he does'nt give a shit now,and if he does then he has got a bloody funny way of showing it, so what difference would it make?

he's a million miles ahead of the idiots at rovers...that's the difference

If thats the case then why does nobody seems to want to do business with him then, or is it just that he wants a high asking price and unrealistic conditions that people won't meet, i completely understand what your saying marco, but there are aspects of our club and it's ownership that simply just do not make sense.

i agree...it's not great...but it could be a lot worse...and i for one am happy that he is fussy with regards to buyers cos of the shit stains you get wantin to buy clubs nowadays

I actually think we should do a Newcastle, even if it means we go down for a season. Kenwright and co don't seem to be going anywhere so lets just get used to it. Sell the crown jewels, Baines,Fellaini,Jags,Rodwell,Barkley even Heitinga. That should surely be enough to pay back any money we owe to the banks, if we owe more than that then we are in shit street and its just more lies the fans have been told. Milk whatever marketing oppertunity we can get, naming the stadium all that crap, sponsors on the players arses, anything. We build a team around our young players coming through, if we go down then so be it, more chance for the youngsters to get used to things. Then most of all, lets get our scouting network going even further than it does now and make it one to be jealous of. Mike Ashley may be disliked by a lot of the barcode fans, but give him his dues, he is a shrewd businessman and in the space of a few years he has got a team who were in a bit of a state and relegated and turned them into a Champions league team(well almost) without spending huge amounts of cash doing it.