IGNORED

Manchester United

pete0

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true enough...nice to know it is an option i guess...it's down to jelavic as much though...felli did give the ball away too much for me but that is the best i have seen him play when played off the striker..and cahill has been good since jelavic came too...he just seems to bring people into the game more than saha did and his goal return is excellent so far...

loved felli's reaction after the 4th goal he almost fell over backwards

I was scared we were going to sit back seeing the starting eleven, but we went out with the right intent. We harrassed them high up the pitch for large parts of the game. If De Gea had the ball, we forced him to go long by putting pressure on all four defenders. That's how we should play against every side out there.

Where to start, had things to do and missed the game, I thought ahead of time we would get beat today, would get little change, I genuinely believed we would not even get a score today, nobody could have seen that coming, four goals away at MUFC, have trouble saying it really, and even then it wasn't enough to win the game.. Quite incredible and what odds could you have got before today on us getting a four goal haul up there, the odds must have been astronomical. Well done to all involved, showed tremendous character to come back at them late on and get a share of the spoils, the supporters who went over today and saw the game must have been buoyant after the game and had an afternoon to remember, I'll have this recorded tonight maybe and it's surely a must see, a surprise result of epic proportions and City must be really excited too as they have a great chance now to capitalize on this and make a real title challenge, I really hope they can do it this year. Why we couldn't have does this last weekend in London and made a second half effort and get a result, I don't know, it's damn frustrating in retrospect. The players have shown today, as other times when they want to, the effort and determination is there and know how to get a result, the inconsistency aspect is frustrating most definite. Can't give any more accolades than already said, it seems we matched them today in terms of possession and chances created, wish I could have been involved today, nobody could have seen that coming, well done to our players and coming back late on etc, get quite excited about Jelavic sometimes, may well have finally found a center forward of some caliber finally, a little sad there will be no end product this season in way of a trophy or Europe even, as on the basis of today and some other times this season the players maybe deserve some kind of reward, it's frustrating it's going to be another season without anything to take home but that's that. All said, a most strange game for some, a result you would never expect coming etc, well done to all involved today for us, it would be even better if this was the moment in season that cost United the league championship, but still think, in spite of today, they will be favorites. This surely was a game to be seen again and I hope the BBC gave us some extended coverage this night, even if I can't watch most likely, a fantastic game for both sets of supporters and neutrals alike, great advert for the EPL too.

Where to start, had things to do and missed the game, I thought ahead of time we would get beat today, would get little change, I genuinely believed we would not even get a score today, nobody could have seen that coming, four goals away at MUFC, have trouble saying it really, and even then it wasn't enough to win the game.. Quite incredible and what odds could you have got before today on us getting a four goal haul up there, the odds must have been astronomical. Well done to all involved, showed tremendous character to come back at them late on and get a share of the spoils, the supporters who went over today and saw the game must have been buoyant after the game and had an afternoon to remember, I'll have this recorded tonight maybe and it's surely a must see, a surprise result of epic proportions and City must be really excited too as they have a great chance now to capitalize on this and make a real title challenge, I really hope they can do it this year. Why we couldn't have does this last weekend in London and made a second half effort and get a result, I don't know, it's damn frustrating in retrospect. The players have shown today, as other times when they want to, the effort and determination is there and know how to get a result, the inconsistency aspect is frustrating most definite. Can't give any more accolades than already said, it seems we matched them today in terms of possession and chances created, wish I could have been involved today, nobody could have seen that coming, well done to our players and coming back late on etc, get quite excited about Jelavic sometimes, may well have finally found a center forward of some caliber finally, a little sad there will be no end product this season in way of a trophy or Europe even, as on the basis of today and some other times this season the players maybe deserve some kind of reward, it's frustrating it's going to be another season without anything to take home but that's that. All said, a most strange game for some, a result you would never expect coming etc, well done to all involved today for us, it would be even better if this was the moment in season that cost United the league championship, but still think, in spite of today, they will be favorites. This surely was a game to be seen again and I hope the BBC gave us some extended coverage this night, even if I can't watch most likely, a fantastic game for both sets of supporters and neutrals alike, great advert for the EPL too.

again?! Dude, what was the last game you saw?

again?! Dude, what was the last game you saw?

Let's understand one thing at least, I may be a supporter of the club, but don't have an obligation to be sat in front of a PC every match day fixture and get involved in progress reports, etc, there is a world out there and I'm quite busy most of the time, please understand. Furthermore, was involved last week for the semi-final and recent league fixtures too, by the way. I honestly thought we would get soundly beaten today, thought the result was a done deal, not being pessimistic, it was what most would have expected, obviously in hindsight if we could have seen what would have occured, would have put off anything and joined in with today. Lets' concentrate on an outstanding game for all involved and a most impressive end result for Everton Football Club, not if any forum participants were in attendance or not for said game etc. Fair enough maybe.

Fucking hell Jose... get your Footie Manager CV up-to-date and put your name in the hat for the England vacancy!

Notplaying Neville in midfield is hardly anything the majority wouldn't do.

what's rudolph said now?

Alex Ferguson "their goals were really soft goals. We've created good goals by really good football, I think they got their goals real easy.

Half time across the park and no score at Anfield, if it stays like that we will hold on to seventh place, really hope WBA can keep this up and shut them out for 90 minutes, would be another very satisfactory result today.

And what is Ferguson's problem now, he's a good manager granted, but does himself no favors sometimes - 'Our goals were really soft goals, we got our goals easily etc', I bet that's not even the case, why can't the silly old fuck actually give some recognition to opposition teams when they get a result against his side, he always has to trivialize or belittle sides sometimes when they get a result against United, lo and behold he's on the radio now -

No challenges for goals, soft goals, etc etc etc, we were at fault, we helped them out today. Quit making excuses damn it and give the opposition some credit for once. He does let himself down sometimes.

Let's understand one thing at least, I may be a supporter of the club, but don't have an obligation to be sat in front of a PC every match day fixture and get involved in progress reports, etc, there is a world out there and I'm quite busy most of the time, please understand. Furthermore, was involved last week for the semi-final and recent league fixtures too, by the way. I honestly thought we would get soundly beaten today, thought the result was a done deal, not being pessimistic, it was what most would have expected, obviously in hindsight if we could have seen what would have occured, would have put off anything and joined in with today. Lets' concentrate on an outstanding game for all involved and a most impressive end result for Everton Football Club, not if any forum participants were in attendance or not for said game etc. Fair enough maybe.

was just asking.

But you did kick up a MASSIVE fuss when you found out that Semi final tickets were being prioritised to season ticket holders, and home game goers and not being sold to the general public...but by the sounds of things (every week), you never actually watch a game?

I think that's what sticks in my mind. The disgust of the club for not selling to the general public first. rolleyes.gif

Notplaying Neville in midfield is hardly anything the majority wouldn't do.

Say it pre-match, fair do's... but not after watching that!

Dare I say if man u had a Neville type leader on the pitch today e.g. Giggs - they wouldn't have let a 2 goal lead slip - TWICE!

3 draws out of 3 so far on my bet...bet on 5...chelsea, villa, everton, the shite and city...400+ i get back...would be nice if it came off but not that arsed if city win as it makes the title excitin

I had arse, Bolton, Blackburn, villa and fulham yesterday at 480-1 (all draws). Worth £1!!!

But you did kick up a MASSIVE fuss when you found out that Semi final tickets were being prioritised to season ticket holders, and home game goers and not being sold to the general public...but by the sounds of things (every week), you never actually watch a game?

I think that's what sticks in my mind. The disgust of the club for not selling to the general public first. rolleyes.gif

Very valid point to be fair and some justification for the system!

I am absolutely fit to burst with pride at how we played today (for the majority of the game at least). I can feel it in my stomach fighting to get out, I might actually explode with it. It's days like this that make being a blue worthwhile.

I didn't care if we lost the game just as long as we didn't surrender to them like we usually do at Old Trafford. There was no sign of a fucking surrender, we took the fight right to them and look what happened? Yes, it may have "only" got us a point, but it was so much more than that in reality. We dominated the champions of England for large spells of the game on their own patch by playing OUR game, by exploiting THEIR weaknesses. Their weaknesses being the midfield (we pissed all over them for a lot of the game) and defence (we bullied them). It was so refreshing to see us play our game and cause a top side problems rather than worry about what they'd do to us and not bother showcasing our talents due to fear.

For much of the first half we were absolutely magificant. Our passing was crisp, the hoofing was at a minimum (apart from the usual suspects), our movement was top notch, there were support players everywhere. As well as playing to our own strengths we were also extremely disciplined in holding our shape and stopping Unied from gaining a foothold in the game. We deservedly took the lead with a superbly worked goal. Jelavic is an absolute beast infront of goal and I would let him shag my missus if he'd get us 20 goals next season. We did take our foot of the gas a bit after our goal and it let United back in and they got the equaliser and we were holding on a bit towards the end of the half but I felt half time came right when we needed it. How wrong was I?

The way we play after half time is a real concern to me. Like last Saturday we came out very sluggishly and United punished us with two quickfire goals. I confess I gave the game up at that point, I just couldn't see how we were going to click back into gear after having the stuffing knocked out of us. But they picked themselves back up and got back on their game and started playing again. Once again, we deservedly got another goal. This time Fellaini with the goal his all round performance deserved. We were brimming with confidence again and so very nearly made it 3-3 instantly. But then they went and made it 4-2 again right afterwards. I confess again that I gave the game up, the players must have felt like they'd been punched in the gut. But the fighting spirit accompanied by quality shown by the players was brilliant. Their heads didn't drop, they kept going and dragged themselves back into the game with a Jelavic goal and then Pienaar made it 4-4. I honestly felt we could have gone on and got a fifth to win it. What a rollercoaster of a game!

Moyes deserves a shedload of praise today, his tactics were dead on and the players carried them out to a tee. Hopefully this shows Moyes that this is the way we should play away at the better sides. Go for it and we're more than capable of getting a result.

The one negative of the game for me was the defence. It was absolutely terrible, particularly the two centre backs, but the whole defence was all over the place and In ever felt confident of us repelling United whenever they got close to our box. We looked very dodgy at dealing with balls crossed into the box particularly.

Howard - Couldn't do anything about their goals and made a quality save at the end to keep the point.

Hibbert - Terrible defensively, Nani had all the freedom in the world and he should have made a better attempt to stop the cross coming in for their equaliser. But he was great going forward (dont know.gif ) and got two assists!

Jagielka and Heitinga - I'm not sure they could have looked any worse together tbh. It was an accident waiting to happen and they had many accidents! I feel that all of their goals could have been prevented with better defending from these two. United moved the pair of them around with total ease. Heitinga was very rash at times and not as calm as he usually is. I'm not sure being on Distin's side of the pitch helped him tbh.

Distin - All I can say is I'm glad United didn't look more to Valencia because he had the beating of Distin comfortably. And Distin, as usual, didn't look at ease with the ball at his feet which isn't good seeing as he was playing LB and would therefore see more of the ball to feet!

Osman - Like Hibbert he was poo defensively. Having those two on the same side of the pitch is just asking for trouble, and Nani and the Ninja Turtle took full advantage of it. But he was good for us going forward with his passing and link-up play. And countless times in the first half he took the ball off an unsuspecting United player.

Neville - Him in midfield is a cause of physical pain for me usually but fair play to him today, he put in the right performance for the occasion and I couldn't fault him. There was nothing fancy about it, he just did what he needed to do and without any fuss. And that was to sit infront of the defence and stop United getting too close, get the ball and give it to the players who can pass. Job done.

Gibson - Pretty much the same as Neville. It was the no frills (and vital) performance we've come to expect from him. Where Neville needed to just sit infront of the defence we needed Gibson to sit a little further up and get the ball from Neville and defence and spray the ball about, and stop United a bit further up the pitch before getting to Neville if possible. Once again, job done.

Pienaar - I hope it's true about me hearing him coming back for £3million because he was oustanding today, he really was. Defensively he helped Distin out so much by stopping Valencia being able to advance too often, and going forward he was a constant threat. Good to see him get a goal too, he should be getting more goals than he does.

Fellaini - Despite giving the ball away a bit too often in the first half (rarely in the second half) I thought he was top drawer. His work rate, which can sometimes be called into question, was out of this world tbh. He was absolutely everywhere on the pitch. He'd be up top linking-up with Jelavic (they looked so silky together), and then he'd be back doing what he does best and winning the ball back infront of the defence, or on the wing, or in the centre of the park. Everywhere. And then he goes and scores a brilliant goal and gets a beautiful assist for Pienaar's goal too. My MOTM.

Jelavic - This man shits goals. He's just fucking brilliant isn't he? The thing is not one of his goals have been just a smash and hope it goes in or at least on target. He shows complete calmness and faith in his ability to put the ball in the net when he gets a chance. He places the ball in the net like it was just meant to be. And because of his confidence we, the fans, and his team mates know that he's going to score more than he misses. He showed that again today. He must have had a maximum of 5 chances today and he scored 2 goals. It's the rest of his game that's even more pleasing for me though, which means that if he ever goes on a lean run he's still going to add to our game. He makes our players play better, he really does. I hate Fellaini being further up the pitch but today he looked world class up there, and I put that down to Jelavic being his partner. The link-up play between the pair of them was sexy.

Did not kick up a massive fuss at all, what an exaggeration

Yes, there was an initial feeling of frustration, anger, disappointment, all the things you would expect given the circumstances but, 'disgust of the club' is too strong a words. I can understand their way of thinking with priority to game attendees, but sometimes at the time you can easily overlook that in the heat of the disappointments etc, no need to go through all that again, I was initially upset and took issue with their policies but see now where they're coming from, the semi-final has been and gone, we missed out, opportunity went, suppporters came and went, discussion closed really.

I had arse, Bolton, Blackburn, villa and fulham yesterday at 480-1 (all draws). Worth £1!!!

ahhh mate was it just that senderos goal that ripped it away from you? gutted

could be that city are the only ones that fuck it up for me although wolves are on top but they don't create enough

Edited by marcopaulo

ahhh mate was it just that senderos goal that ripped it away from you? gutted

could be that city are the only ones that fuck it up for me although wolves are on top but they don't create enough

Blackburn and Fulham but thought I was onto a winner early doors!