IGNORED

Manchester United

pete0

Probably the most ridiculous game I have ever seen. Utd where there for the taking and despite the players did as well as could be expected considering what we had on the pitch. Fellaini was very influential despite not actually playing that great on the whole. Its a point more than we probably deserved but Utd were really poor at the back.

I should be happy with that point but I can't help think what could have been today if we didn't handicap ourself to start with.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result, so proud of the team after that. I was so pissed off when Mcfadden came on but he did alright to be fair. Defence was all over the place today and i think it showed that we didnt have a natural full back playing on the left. If Swansea or Barca had scored that last goal everybody would be creaming over it!

How good is Jelly. More like a £20m player than a £5m one.

Terrible defending, Heits was awful.

Felli fantastic game.

Terrible ref and a total con of 5 mins stoppage. That is soooo corrupt.

There was 6 goals and a couple of subs, so he was probably right tbh. Though i thought the ref was shocking and i agree Heitinga had a poor game.

more than happy to be showed up!! why couldn't we show the same guts against liverpool?!

We weren't shown up today though... soon as things went against us it's same old fucking hell moyes... get barkley on! This was a game we attacked from the start - we sat back at times and maybe got nervous but decisions went against and didn't help our plight - we come out of this game with heads held high - no other team has scored on this pitch for the last 7 (?) games... I wish we'd shown up more when we went ahead against Liverpool but this is a totally different scenario today.

How good is Jelly. More like a £20m player than a £5m one.

Terrible defending, Heits was awful.

Felli fantastic game.

Terrible ref and a total con of 5 mins stoppage. That is soooo corrupt.

Why single out Heitinga, Jags was just as bad.

We weren't shown up today though... soon as things went against us it's same old fucking hell moyes... get barkley on! This was a game we attacked from the start - we sat back at times and maybe got nervous but decisions went against and didn't help our plight - we come out of this game with heads held high - no other team has scored on this pitch for the last 7 (?) games... I wish we'd shown up more when we went ahead against Liverpool but this is a totally different scenario today.

no i mean i'm more than happy to be shown up not the team! i was furious with that team selection and still stand by the fact it was the wrong one..and i said barkley on cos it was game over which let's be honest 99/100 times it would be

Didnt think jags was too bad tbh, he wasnt good, but he wasnt bad. Heintinga got done by 2 dummies from a 20-21 year old. He's a WC finalist, for me that isnt good enough.

He was covering the pass that was on, Jags should have been closing down welbeck as well. As usual Jags does feck all and his partner gets the blame cos he's trying to do 2 jobs.

more than happy to be showed up!! why couldn't we show the same guts against liverpool?!

I really misunderstood your post then!!! doh.gif

To be fair to you, you weren't sacking moyes when the going got a bit tough, so comment wasn't aimed at you so much!

no i mean i'm more than happy to be shown up not the team! i was furious with that team selection and still stand by the fact it was the wrong one..and i said barkley on cos it was game over which let's be honest 99/100 times it would be

Neville should never of been in midfield. Gueye on and Osman in the middle would have been a better team to get at them.

Didnt think jags was too bad tbh, he wasnt good, but he wasnt bad. Heintinga got done by 2 dummies from a 20-21 year old. He's a WC finalist, for me that isnt good enough.

Yeah but its fashionable on this site to blame defensive errors on Jags where as Heitinga can do no wrong in some peoples eyes, infact its probably due to some sort of miscommunication on Jags part that Heitinga got sold 2 dummies today. The fact is the game was very stretched and open against world class opposition, I don't think either of them played well but I'm not going to be too critical of them, it was just one of them games, and fantastic to watch.

Today just shows how many people are happier with the result than the process. If we played that game in the same way 95/100 we would lose. United were awful first half, and when they eventually picked the pace up they scored. It was same again in the 2nd half when they cut us open time and time again and should have gone 4-1 or 5-2 (cant remember which) when they hit the post.

Our LB was out of position constantly allowing Man Utd the space alongside Heitinga and is why he wasnt as good as usual (and also had a knock on effect on Jags being below par as well imo). At times he has two attackers running at him, and while he should have done better for Welbeck's goal and Rooney's 2nd, he didnt do too much wrong for the rest of the game given the cirumstances.

I dont even think we fought back and battled for the win. It was more of a case that they sat back, gave us the ball and while we got a little lucky in the way it broke for the 3rd goal, the 4th was pure quality. We didnt get in their faces and fight for the ball like we have done. They simply surrender possession and gave us the time to do what we did. We did keep going though and didnt give up, but that is different from battling back in my eyes.

As I said before the game started, United are there to be had a go at and today proved me right. The time & space they gave us, as well as the general poor defending from Evans and Fabio especially was crazy for a team that are looking like winning the league. They probably gave us more time on the ball than any other team has in the league this season, which says massive amounts.

Edited by Bailey

We can look at this on the flip side... at 0-1 we would have had a 3vs2 situation which could have resulted in us going 2 up... football is about the whole game the 4-4 result and 1 point is what stands... we, as Evertonians, should be enjoying this!

no less than we deserved. Felli by a mile for MOTM (cant post there at the mo). Jelavic is continuing to prove me very wrong and long may it continue.

1 thing - SAF can go jump, all our goals were soft because of bad defending but theirs were because of good football?! Marco - do the honours mate....

no less than we deserved. Felli by a mile for MOTM (cant post there at the mo). Jelavic is continuing to prove me very wrong and long may it continue.

1 thing - SAF can go jump, all our goals were soft because of bad defending but theirs were because of good football?! Marco - do the honours mate....

what's rudolph said now?

basically our goals were down to luck and bad defending rather than good movement finishing

he's a fuckin cunt ain't he....our defence was hardly brilliant..and what about jelavic's header? or the two half volleys from felli and jelavic? or the great build up for pienaar's goal..he can go fuck the fuck off

Start looking down the back of the sofa Mr Moyes, save your pocket money and get the car boots booked for the summer..........just get enough money to buy Pienaar back.Oh and if there's any over, get ready to increase Jelavics contract.

No white flag, the lads did pretty good.