IGNORED

Manchester United

pete0

They certainly were at the start of the season. They are finding more cohesion now and are grinding out wins but they are definitiely beatable.

Who out of their starting line-up would significantly improve us? Valencia and a striker (Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez or even Berbs to replace Cahill). Across the rest of the pitch its fairly even and they can all be got at if you really wanted to. Sadly we wont.

Agree, just not with that one, he's shouldn't be any where near premiership team.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rooney was sayin he is there player of the season...

Berba and Hernandez must be livid when he plays, both have much better records, and both are much better players. All one foot, and even then he's average at best with that. Every time I watch him I wonder how he's on the pitch he's got nothing to his game. He must have won a competition or Ferguson is doing the nasty to his mum.

You do have some peculiar opinions, Pete wink.png I think he should start for England together with Rooney.

You're on a wind up, I'm not biting tongue.png

(I agree about with the 1st half, I'll admit I am a opinionated twat... or so am told)

Edited by pete0

Lawro's Prediction for Manchester Utd v Everton (Sunday, 12:30 BST)

This is a Manchester United team that has the bit between their teeth and I cannot see them faltering now.

Everton are traditionally very tough opponents for United but it is going to be very tough for David Moyes' side between now and the end of the campaign following their FA Cup semi-final defeat by Liverpool.

As a player, it is very difficult to raise yourself when you lose a semi-final, especially in Everton's situation when they might be thinking that their season is now over.

For large parts of the game at Wembley, Everton looked a better team but I just thought they stopped playing when they went 1-0 up and ultimately that cost them.

The only thing the Toffees have got to play for now is the chance of finishing above the Reds in the league table.

That would be good, but if they are going to do it, you sense, the whole club - from the manager to the players to the supporters - needs a lift. I don't think they will get it at Old Trafford, though.

From United's point of view, it was interesting that Sir Alex Ferguson came out and admitted Ashley Young "overdid it" with his tumble to win a penalty against Aston Villa on Sunday.

He was absolutely right to say that because you cannot defend the indefensible, and my thinking is that will be the end of that and we won't see Young doing it again.

I think when your own fans are embarrassed by it, as United's are with Young, it is a sign something needs to be done.

Young is certainly not the only culprit, though, and we might be at the stage where the authorities have to start to take a look at ways of stopping it.

I'd hate to go down the retrospective route of looking at incidents on Monday morning and deciding "dive or no dive" but something needs to be done because it is not a case of this kind of thing creeping into the English game, it is an avalanche.

Prediction: Manchester United 2-0 Everton

Here are all of Lawro's 2011-12 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would looik like if all his forecasts were correct...

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

You do have some peculiar opinions, Pete wink.png I think he should start for England together with Rooney.

Same here. Him and Rooney work well together and in my eyes there isnt a better striker that could do that job for England.

He works hard, brings people into the game and knows how to find the back of the net. He does a lot more than Sturridge imo, even if I think that Sturridge is probably the better footballer (if that makes sense).

Same here. Him and Rooney work well together and in my eyes there isnt a better striker that could do that job for England.

He works hard, brings people into the game and knows how to find the back of the net. He does a lot more than Sturridge imo, even if I think that Sturridge is probably the better footballer (if that makes sense).

It's hard to see past Sturridge, for another good English striker. Welbeck is just like Agbonlahor who shouldn't be near the squad either.

I would like to see us start with our strongest team and look to bring on some of the young fringe players later in the game. I don't see the value of having players like McFadden and Stracqualursi on the bench at this stage of the season as they probably won't be here next year and aren't going to change game coming on. Why not give the youngsters a go, we don't know what we are going to get from them but then neither do the opposition, and at least they will be fully motivated to impress. My team for the game would be:

Howard, Hibbert, Neville, Jagielka, Heitinga, Felliani, Gibson, Osman, Pienaar, Cahill, Jelavic

Subs: Mucha, Duffy, Coleman, Barkley, Baxter, Gueye, Vellios

Howard, Hibbert, Neville, Jagielka, Heitinga, Felliani, Gibson, Osman, Pienaar, Cahill, Jelavic

Subs: Mucha, Duffy, Coleman, Barkley, Baxter, Gueye, Vellios

Harsh on Distinhuh.png ?

The BBC sports page sometimes has the expected teams on early but could find no trace of it today.

"Expected" on the beeb = guessed. We have a better idea than they do so really no loss.

Harsh on Distin?huh.png

"Expected" on the beeb = guessed. We have a better idea than they do so really no loss.

I left him out of the team, purely down to Moyes new rotation system (that he's so fond of now it's Jags who should be twiddling his thumbs on the bench). He could easily be left back, or Heitinga on the bench instead on Sunday.

Edit: just noticed BoroBlue left him out the squad, very harsh indeed.

Edited by pete0

Harsh I agree and to be honest it was a bit of an oversight but:

I would like to see Duffy involved with the matchday squad for experience between now and the end of the season.

I don't want to see 2 centrebacks on the bench.

I think Jags and Heitinga should be tried for a few consecutive games to see how they play together.

Our record in Salford is appaling, last 20 years, fifteen United wins and three draws, (out of eighteen games) , Of course we have never won there with David Moyes, and it's not going to start on Sunday most likely, last Everton win at OT was indeed August 1992 a few weeks into the season, 3-0 night game, it was an incredible feeling.

No team news as of yet (1am Sat) except MUFC no injury concerns, Baines and Rodwell out for us.

Don't have a good feeling about this.

Im not saying that Sturridge is a worse player than Welbeck but I think Welbeck does a lot more for the team than Sturridge. Sturridge is one of those players who thinks he is better than he is. He has done well this season, but thats playing out wide and capitalising on other people's good work. Welbeck works hard and thats important at international level with the likely tactics we will employ.

Back to Everton, it will be interesting to see how we do line-up. I know I would much rather have Osman playing alongside Fellaini because of the attacking injection he brings to the team, especially if we are going to play Cahill behind Jelavic. Gibson has done ok, but we need more from him imo, as he just crabs a lot of the time and when his passing gets sloppy he is of no use to us whatsoever.