IGNORED

Manchester United

pete0

We will lose. Just hope Moyes uses the rest of the season to give Barkley and maybe Duffy another chance. I read on the OS earlier that he was planning on using Barkley again before the season ends. Hope its true. And I'd like to see some guts in our performance, then I'll be happy enough.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

happy.png another great player you would have in our team I take it, only jokin. duffys got more ability than him and he's younger.

cant see anything than a manc victory. fergie will probably bribe moyes with a few loans next season for us sitting back and inviteing the obvious.

howard

hibbo johnny distin baines

drenthe felli pienaar gueye

barkley

jelevic

id play that but its not going to look anything like that what gets chosen.

Totally agree. He's one of the most promising cb's in the league, just unlucky for him we're strong in that position.

Well obviously the route to Europe via the FA cup has come to a premature end so that leaves the league, and while still some dependancy for all involved, on other teams at end of season, maybe we could try to hang on to 7th place and see where it takes us ?, I mean there's a whole bunch of sides on our coat tails and while difficult to try and hold on to what we have, at least go out and have a go in remaining fixtures, but Moyes won't do that, at least at the weekend I feel. All I'd ask for is at least have a go at them and see where it leaves us. But I think I know what's going to occur ahead of time.

Well that simplifies things. Although I was thinking just now there was still an opportunity of European adventures next season, must have been a long day and all. There's nothing quite like night games at Goodison for supporters, and we won't get to see that next year, it is a pity. Ok, we didn't do enough to qualify in the end but even so it'll be some experiences missed.

Only top 6 gets Europe now it's Chelsea vs shite final with shite already there.

Read this, http://www.nufcblog.com/2012/03/10/7th-place-could-see-newcastle-qualify-for-europa-league/

Wouldn't that be applicable to our situation? Since Chelsea and Liverpool will already qualify, wouldn't 7th place get a Europa league spot? Even if it does, getting 7th will be tough (Or technically could 8th get it if Livepool finish 7th?) because we have some tough fixtures. In all likelihood, we will lose to Manchester Utd on Sunday, that leaves us with Fulham at home, which is a winnable fixture but a tough one, Stoke away which even though Stoke aren't playing that great, they are still very tough at Britannia, then Wolves away which we SHOULD batter them, and then Newcastle at home to finish the season which will be very tough (especially if they are fighting for a CL spot), if they are eliminated from CL contention at that point, maybe we can catch them in a down mood and beat them.

The premier league has 4 champs league spots and 3 europa spots 5th in the league, Carling cup winner, Fa cup winner(as both finalist will be in europe this creates an extra spot for the league)

Man u - champ league

City - champ league

Arse - champ league

Chelsea - champ league

Newcastle - europa via league position

Spurs - europa via league position/facup

Everton sad.png

Liverpool - europa via league cup

Sadly no thursday night football for us. Not mathmatically over yet though, if one of Spurs(12point gap) Newc(12) or Chelsea(10) lose all their games and we win all of ours. But i wouldnt bet on it. Little check and its 66/1 for us to finish top 6, opposed to 1/50 for it not to happen.

Edited by pete0

I just remembered one last little glimmer of hope in the extra qualification spot for the uefa fair play league . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . then I checked the table and we are sitting in tenth, with Swansea sitting on top so looks like it will go to them, nevermind!

I just remembered one last little glimmer of hope in the extra qualification spot for the uefa fair play league . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . then I checked the table and we are sitting in tenth, with Swansea sitting on top so looks like it will go to them, nevermind!

Plus the fact that at the last count the English league was in ninth place in the UEFA fair play table and the extra places only go to the top three countries.

I don't want the Europa league to give moyes any excuses - so therefore happy not to be in it... rubbish competition IMO - of which we are technically incapable of beating any of the decent portuguese or spanish teams with our tactics.

This is what I imagine you looking like when you're typing your comments

Crying-252BBaby-252BNatural-252BHigh-252Bfor-252BSome-252BMoms.jpg

Nice picture, I looked lie that when we played Villareal, in the game against Dynamo Bucharest, also in the game against Sporting Lisbon...

Yeaaaah, but it's all too doom and gloom. We normally pull something out of the bag for these kind of games (ManU).

Little bit of pressure for United with City making a bit of a fight of it.They know they usually beat us at Old Trafford, they will feel they HAVE to beat us............but the simple truth is!

Yep......they will beat usangry.png .

Seriously, the lads might just want to kick out a bit after last week and give it a real go, something to prove, anything exceptI surrender.gif

No that would have been about Autumn 1996, remember the day well, but sure we got a result since then, at least in way of a point etc, damn well wish I could remember it though. I'm sure I remember a draw or two in the last 15 years, but as for an actual three points in the league, could well be 1992/93 or thereabouts, probably correct. It was either the 3-0 at Old Trafford in August 1992 or one either side of that were we won 2-0 on the day.

Guest blueboy122

No that would have been about Autumn 1996, remember the day well, but sure we got a result since then, at least in way of a point etc, damn well wish I could remember it though. I'm sure I remember a draw or two in the last 15 years, but as for an actual three points in the league, could well be 1992/93 or thereabouts, probably correct. It was either the 3-0 at Old Trafford in August 1992 or one either side of that were we won 2-0 on the day.

I think when Marco refers to a result he actually means a win. However was the last time we got a point there in the champions league season with Cahill scoring?

it's not really that rubes it's the fact that we just bend over....blackburn went and had a go..look what happened...this utd team is a poor side imo who are living off the rep of being man utd and teams are scared to get at them

They certainly were at the start of the season. They are finding more cohesion now and are grinding out wins but they are definitiely beatable.

Who out of their starting line-up would significantly improve us? Valencia and a striker (Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez or even Berbs to replace Cahill). Across the rest of the pitch its fairly even and they can all be got at if you really wanted to. Sadly we wont.