IGNORED

Early Signings

Like you Pris, I think most deals will get done late because of the tournies. The only benefit of getting players pre-tourny is incase their 'stock' rises but then you run the risk of a serious injury during the tournament.

It won't happen early, gauranteed.

Thats it, there is always a few players who make a name for themselves on those kind of stages, so you never know what will happen, and there will always be the Redknapp - England + Moyes - Spurs thing hovering round at the moment(personally don't see it happening) but forget looking for players, we could be looking for a new manager!!

Guest Nikica

Like you Pris, I think most deals will get done late because of the tournies. The only benefit of getting players pre-tourny is incase their 'stock' rises but then you run the risk of a serious injury during the tournament.

It won't happen early, gauranteed.

Another trap is when a player has a fantastic tournament and a club buys him on the strength of that, and it turns out he wasn't as brilliant as he showed and becomes unable to replicate that level.

Baros and Arshavin are good examples from the two previous tournaments.Both quality players, but the Euros were the highlights of their careers. Baros has been living off Euro 2004 for a long time.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

El Hadj Diouf and the whole Senegal team being another? laugh.png

Hahaha yes. Diouf looked like a future top ten player in the world in 2002. It's amazing how these things turn out.

Diouf actually did alright for us last season, but he's clearly an average player at best.

"If you can do your recruitment early it makes a big difference to your group and gives them a chance to bed-in and you get better results sooner," he said.

"We were able to get some in January which made a massive difference."

Is that his excuse for being slow starters every year? The reason Gibson, Jelavic and Pienaar made a massive difference is that they (Jelavic and Pienaar in particlular) were far better than what we had.

Unsure as to why he is making this statement - is it a wake up call for Bill and the board? Either way it aint gonna happen.

Guest blueboy122

He is right in what he is saying though. Early signings are so important for a club like us as we cant afford to wait 6 months for them to get used to the squad etc. I have heard from numerous players that Evertons pre season training is by far the hardest of any other club, maybe that could be a reason for our slow starts, that the players are just burnt out after preseason.

Guest blueboy122

Neither of them to be honest, I dont think we need another forward now with Jelly because we have got Vellios and Victor as back up and maybe even Straq if we sign him!

Guest blueboy122

I don't want Doyle, just anticipating who Moyes may try to pick off. If anyone from Wolves I'd take Jarvis.

Why? He had a good season last season but thats it really. I havent seen alot of him to be honest but from this season he has looked poor. If any of wolves players I would take Kightley.

Kightly based on ability but his knees are f*cked, injuries galore.

Kightly could be great but as you say his knees are buggered, would be a risk similar to Lescott. Wolves don't need to sell and might try keep hold to try for an instant promotion. Only way we will get a player off them is if he forces the move, but the likes of Stoke and Sunderland will pump the price up still. That said, with Moyes saying he wants to do things early, I wouldnt be surprised if he already put a bid in for De Vries =/

Edited by pete0

If I recall not too long ago, everyone was high on Jarvis, and SharpysVolley just brought him up. I like him, along with Fletcher and Kightly. I'd consider Doyle if we were getting him for next to nothing. I like Stuart Holden (I'm biased towards Yanks), but he's still coming off of that knee injury thanks to flying Jonny Evans. I like Victor Moses, but his stock is bound to be pretty high right now, maybe Rodallega (Still has the ability, just had a shit year). If Villa go down, I like Stephen Ireland, but he may be above our price range and we already have a load of central midfielders, and then there's N'Zogbia, whose had a horrible year, but everyone wanted him last year, and maybe we could get him for fractions of what Villa paid for him, and try to get him on his feet again. If QPR go down, Bobby Zamora could be a good addition, or maybe Taarabt (maybe Moyes could kick him in the pants and get him playing consistently) or maybe even Joey Barton (He's still a wank)? Finally, Maybe Jussi Jaaskelainen if he was willing to be a backup.... That's just the player I like from the teams who could go down....

Based on the reports of last nights supporters club awards,Elstone says we have no money to spend, and no one interested in investing at the moment, so it looks like we will be selling a few then.

No surprises there, would struggle to see how Bill go from begging the banks not to close us down to having money to spend.

Sale of the club needs to happen - need money to keep us from having to sell players, simple as that.

Guest blueboy122

Taraabt - ooooo theres a moyes player for ya rofl.gif

Shite anyway. He is good in league one where he can rip shite full backs. No where near premier league.

Guest blueboy122

Based on the reports of last nights supporters club awards,Elstone says we have no money to spend, and no one interested in investing at the moment, so it looks like we will be selling a few then.

As previously said, its the same old summer. We actually have some players though I wouldnt mind selling.. Jags and Rodwell to name two. Myabe coleman, and Victor as well.

As previously said, its the same old summer. We actually have some players though I wouldnt mind selling.. Jags and Rodwell to name two. Myabe coleman, and Victor as well.

Realistically who is going to buy Rodwell? we would be lucky to get £5m for him, he's out injured with a re-occuring injury, Jags maybe, Coleman yes, and Victor we would get £2-3m for i reckon.

Nathaniel Clyne...said it a million times. Our solution to our RB problems. still young, incredible calm on the ball, can tackle, has great power and pace, can cross, not arrogant in the way he plays....out of contract in the summer...thats an early signing if i've ever seen one. Plus because of his contract situation, he needs snapping up QUICK!

Nathaniel Clyne...said it a million times. Our solution to our RB problems. still young, incredible calm on the ball, can tackle, has great power and pace, can cross, not arrogant in the way he plays....out of contract in the summer...thats an early signing if i've ever seen one. Plus because of his contract situation, he needs snapping up QUICK!

Yes please, a definate thumbs up from me.