IGNORED

players that will improve us

davies

Cant believe we passed on Vaughan, Gera, and Larsson opting for James McFadden. Think Zenden still had another year in him, would have been useful for 15-20 games.

if that's the players we passed on thank god Moyes is the manager and not you, wouldn't want any of them and Zenden hasn't been prem quality for about 5 years.

Scharner and Martin Petrov would both improve our squad. Could be useful if we swapped/could afford more of a rotation system.

Just incase the Grant Holt rumours are true, Kevin Davies is a cheaper alternative afro2.gif

Crock watch: Woodgate, Hargreaves, Dunne, and Owen. All very good players but too risky, worth taking on pay as you play deals.

Edited by pete0

Scharner and Martin Petrov would both improve our squad. Could be useful if we swapped/could afford more of a rotation system.

Just incase the Grant Holt rumours are true, Kevin Davies is a cheaper alternative afro2.gif

Crock watch: Woodgate, Hargreaves, Dunne, and Owen. All very good players but too risky, worth taking on pay as you play deals.

You have confirmed all rumours - you are on the wind up!!!

will you just stop naming poor players come on there all far to old or will want high wages, not only that non of them would improve the squad bench players at best you must no by now we need better players not just players to fill the bench.

Edited by Blue4Ever

will you just stop naming poor players come on there all far to old or will want high wages, not only that non of them would improve the squad bench players at best you must no by now we need better players not just players to fill the bench.

Hargreaves wouldn't make sense, same for Centerbacks so no need for Dunne or Woodgate. However I'd take Owen on low wages or pay as you play because Vic ain't exactly a great option for our off the bench striker. Vellios is the only one that gets me excited and he's still young and raw!

My brain hurts trying to make sense of this oxymoron riddled post.

So you think they would be good for the bench but not the squaddont%20know.gif. As I stated in the post they would be good for the bench if we adapted to a squad game(if we can afford to have a larger squad) like all the teams above us.

I've named 2 players that would be good additions, made a joke, and then named a few players that would be good on our terms, that would be great if fit. Whats your problem?

Petrov or Coleman? Guessing your a media whore Walcott bummer, just cos the players I mentioned dont get rimmed on motd doesnt mean their no good. Scharner is a utility players, has played in every out field position and would be great back up. So why not enlighten me with your football reasoning for why they aren't worth a punt?

Hargreaves wouldn't make sense, same for Centerbacks so no need for Dunne or Woodgate. However I'd take Owen on low wages or pay as you play because Vic ain't exactly a great option for our off the bench striker. Vellios is the only one that gets me excited and he's still young and raw!

Hargreaves was class before the injuries, just not worth the risk of a weekly wage. I'd like to see Owen here as well just because his position is second to non, he could teach the kids a thing or two as well, but again risky to give him a good wage. Woodgate was just as a 4th choice cb, as we've been getting linked with centre backs lately, would prefer Cuellar who I have mentioned earlier in the thread.

Sorry, Ive misspelled Dunn. Meant to be B'burns David Dunn.

Edited by pete0

Hargreaves was class before the injuries, just not worth the risk of a weekly wage. I'd like to see Owen here as well just because his position is second to non, he could teach the kids a thing or two as well, but again risky to give him a good wage. Woodgate was just as a 4th choice cb, as we've been getting linked with centre backs lately, would prefer Cuellar who I have mentioned earlier in the thread.

Sorry, Ive misspelled Dunn. Meant to be B'burns David Dunn.

I will agree that Hargreaves was a great player before being hit by all the injuries! Do you think Duffy is good enough to be the 4th Centerback? Whatever mate, I appreciate you being willing to toss out names, I do it all the time! I definitely see the value in squad players, especially when you are as thin/small as us!

Edited by Quinn31

I will agree that Hargreaves was a great player before being hit by all the injuries! Do you think Duffy is good enough to be the 4th Centerback? Whatever mate, I appreciate you being willing to toss out names, I do it all the time! I definitely see the value in squad players, especially when you are as thin/small as us!

I'd like Duffy to be 3rd choice (Jags to go, Duffy to play cup games and stand in when Distin or Heitinga have a knock), didnt look out of place when he was called upon, was sad to see him dropped. If he was English I think United would have opted for him a head of Jones.

During our cup run highlighted just how vital it is to have a bigger squad now. I like having a small team as our team gives off a sense of camaraderie from the players to the tea lady, but to kick on in the league we need more options.

My brain hurts trying to make sense of this oxymoron riddled post.

So you think they would be good for the bench but not the squaddont%20know.gif. As I stated in the post they would be good for the bench if we adapted to a squad game(if we can afford to have a larger squad) like all the teams above us.

I've named 2 players that would be good additions, made a joke, and then named a few players that would be good on our terms, that would be great if fit. Whats your problem?

Petrov or Coleman? Guessing your a media whore Walcott bummer, just cos the players I mentioned dont get rimmed on motd doesnt mean their no good. Scharner is a utility players, has played in every out field position and would be great back up. So why not enlighten me with your football reasoning for why they aren't worth a punt?

lets be honest as much as a love him hibbert is no world beater, petrov has never done a thing against him at goodison in years, what does that tell you and dont say its because hibbert is up there with the best in the country no its because petrovs overrated and he's a bolton bench player who isnt going to take us any higher up the league whats the point in paying him 40 50k a year spending how ever many million that amounts to when we need the first team improving to keep our best players. you mentioned downing was a centermidfielder in another topic quit while you still can because ive never heard anything so laughable even of the red shite fans themselves.

Edited by Blue4Ever

lets be honest as much as a love him hibbert is no world beater, petrov has never done a thing against him at goodison in years, what does that tell you and dont say its because hibbert is up there with the best in the country no its because petrovs overrated and he's a bolton bench player who isnt going to take us any higher up the league whats the point in paying him 40 50k a year spending how ever many million that amounts to when we need the first team improving to keep our best players. you mentioned downing was a centermidfielder in another topic quit while you still can because ive never heard anything so laughable even of the red shite fans themselves.

Hibbert was the best RB in the league last season.

Obviously don't even know who Petrov is, because he certainly is not a bench warmer, he's their main player. Why would he be on 40-50k? Improving our bench would improve our first team as there would be more pressure for places as well as better alternatives substitution wise. You obviously never watch football if you have never seen Downing play in the middle. Completely avoided Coleman or Petrov on the wing question because you know I'm right.

Up untill the last few games of the season I think Richards was the RB of the season (IMO)

Petrov is a good player, not good enough to improve us though. A few years ago, he would have been (IMO) but he's getting on (34), lost a bit of pace and all that.

Petrov probably is better than Coleman, he would start ahead of him if he was here. Petrov just has everything going downhill from now on though, apart from the enormous gap of techinical ability, for which Petrov wipes the floor with Seamus.

Up untill the last few games of the season I think Richards was the RB of the season (IMO)

Petrov is a good player, not good enough to improve us though. A few years ago, he would have been (IMO) but he's getting on (34), lost a bit of pace and all that.

Petrov probably is better than Coleman, he would start ahead of him if he was here. Petrov just has everything going downhill from now on though, apart from the enormous gap of techinical ability, for which Petrov wipes the floor with Seamus.

I've seen Richards lose to many 50/50s (pulled out of a few 60/40's in his favour as well) to even class him as a defender. Alan Stubbs would chicken him if he trained at Finch Farm.

Hibbert was the best RB in the league last season.

Obviously don't even know who Petrov is, because he certainly is not a bench warmer, he's their main player. Why would he be on 40-50k? Improving our bench would improve our first team as there would be more pressure for places as well as better alternatives substitution wise. You obviously never watch football if you have never seen Downing play in the middle. Completely avoided Coleman or Petrov on the wing question because you know I'm right.

its no comparison your comparing an experienced winger who's played at a few good teams but isnt good enough now to come in and make a differance when we have a dreafull wage budget anyway to someone who's natural postion is fullback, he's alot younger and only cost us 60k and did make a differance when he first come in he had ashley cole in bits in the chelsea home game so he cant be as bad as u think, I did think coleman was better than he's been this year and im willing to admit that but to argue over such a shit past it player, who would want big money of course he would, and downing it shows how much you watch football if your sticking up for him because he was one of the worst signings this year and howard got as many as him probably assists to but im not sure on that. on the rightback thing richards has been by far the best and should be playing for england by the way dont no why they dont like him. not going to post in this again because I dont think ive ever agreed with you on anything on here anyway smile.png

Edited by Blue4Ever

Well id take Barnetta in a flash especially on a free, Montolivo, and Clyne

Id like us to look at Ola Toivonen(PSV) also, i think he would be a good signing and Jimmy Briand(Lyon)

Toivonen was valued at 8-10 million pounds a year ago. We wont be able to afford him. Would be a great signing tho

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7790818/Released-players-revealed

Anybody see anyone they'd take a punt on this list? I'd definitely go after Rodallega or Diame (If he wasn't demanding crazy high wages). I'd take Michael Owen on a pay as you play deal. I also see some decent Leftback cover and a few potential goalies assuming we might lose Mucha in the transfer window. I'd also possibly take Danny Murphy or Pavel Pogrebnyak if they don't re-sign with Fulham.

http://www1.skysport...layers-revealed

Anybody see anyone they'd take a punt on this list? I'd definitely go after Rodallega or Diame (If he wasn't demanding crazy high wages). I'd take Michael Owen on a pay as you play deal. I also see some decent Leftback cover and a few potential goalies assuming we might lose Mucha in the transfer window. I'd also possibly take Danny Murphy or Pavel Pogrebnyak if they don't re-sign with Fulham.

Amazed Jaaskelainen was let go after being with Notlob so long....

edit: Just seen Forth Official saying hes signing for Wham

Edited by Matt