IGNORED

FA approach Hodgson

110 hours? bad that..remember in my old job i was gettin shafted of 60+ hours a week for about 2 months of the year..grim as fuuuuuuck

as for crouch...he scores against wank teams..and fuck all against big teams

Ukraine, Sweden, France? Think he would do well against them until Rooney ban is done

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baines is injured and Crouch has a very good goals per games ratio for England....

That was my reasonings if im honest (in response to Marco)

Even still, of those i named, who would get dropped?

Plus my selection of crouch is for the reason Matt listed, he can score (no matter how shite he is) and he'll be a good foil for when Rooney's not there...

press conference now apparently...why the fuck is he stickin with west brom for the last 2 games? shouldn't he be out and about gettin on with his job now?

thats all the England manager does. No reason he cant oversee a mediocre mid-table table that are safe already at the same time...

baines is injured for a couple games but doesn't get in yet bent has been out most the season..is still out..and gets in?

your interview with the fa not go well i guess ten tongue.png

Didn't realise Bent has been out...ooops.

and i'd take phil jones out for baines to answer your question dude!

Fair enough. I only put Jones in because of his versatility.

Really pushed for time now, but they've made a decision and Hodgson is the choice they went with, what happened to Redknapp?

That's right, instead of Redknapp, they've brought in Hodgson, bit of a strange choice thought I.

Let's face it, anyone would be better than the awful Cuntello, but was a bit surprised with this, under Redknapp they would have had a much better chance I feel of doing something, Roy is a good man, but just think it's the wrong decision this time out.

They were just quick with this maybe to finalize things before the soccer tourney this summer and get someone in place, but Redknapp would have been a better choice, but if that's what they want..

Off to watch a nice sunset over the harbor..

Guest Nikica

Kyle Walker is a media myth. Seriously, his defending is very poor and he seems to offer nothing but pace going forward. As Pete says, he started the season well but he's been poor since New Year or so. He's still young and has time to improve, but he's the latest young English player being elevated to the heavens, a bit like Phil 'Baresi' Jones. In their defence, they still have a lot of time to improve, but they're nowhere near as talented as claimed in m opinion.

I can't believe they actually appointed Hodgson. This has the potential to be a complete disaster for England.

EDIT: harsh to call him a media myth, in retrospect. However, he has been pushed a bit further than his performances warrant, for me.

Edited by Nikica

I want to judge Hodgson on his performances as England manager so for now I'll happily sit on the fence. It's probably the best it could have worked out for me too, I like Redknapp as a manager but as a person I think he's a bit of a cock, the good foreign managers (e.g - Mourinho, Guardiola, Hiddink) are all taken so it's probably not a bad selection having Hodgson in charge given the experiance he has - it's also worked out better for us Evertonians too as this could mean that Pienaar has a better chance of sticking here for good.

I'm not holding my breath but at least it isn't Steve McLaren.

Kyle Walker is a media myth. Seriously, his defending is very poor and he seems to offer nothing but pace going forward. As Pete says, he started the season well but he's been poor since New Year or so. He's still young and has time to improve, but he's the latest young English player being elevated to the heavens, a bit like Phil 'Baresi' Jones. In their defence, they still have a lot of time to improve, but they're nowhere near as talented as claimed in m opinion.

I can't believe they actually appointed Hodgson. This has the potential to be a complete disaster for England.

why is he the 3rd highest scoring player in the fantasy football league then?

Guest Nikica

I don't judge players by how many points they score in a fantasy game...

He only has 2 goals and one assist, Hibbert has done better in less minutes, if our centre-halves had been any good in the 1st half of the season he'd be top.

Walcott is 4th best midfielder, shows the points system is flawed and tbf it's just a game.

Guest Nikica

They seem to give bonus points out to their favourites as well, regardless of how they actually performed.

Players like Scholes rarely do well in fantasy games, because you can't quantify controlling a game of football.

Also, defences are judged as a whole. Walker could have a stinker and King could be the top man, but they'd still score the same number of clean sheet points. It's just a game.

Edited by Nikica

I am a Spurs fan and have watched most of our games this season and although he a had a shocker at Goodison he has been pretty solid most of the season, He tracks back well tackles well, is ok in the air, plays better when Lennon is playing as the two of them have developed an understanding, negatives positional y he needs to improve and his decision making is poor, but he will learn to read the game, although I would like to know what has happened to Micah Richards as he looked like he was going to be best right back in the league

Guest Nikica

I am a Spurs fan and have watched most of our games this season and although he a had a shocker at Goodison he has been pretty solid most of the season, He tracks back well tackles well, is ok in the air, plays better when Lennon is playing as the two of them have developed an understanding, negatives positional y he needs to improve and his decision making is poor, but he will learn to read the game, although I would like to know what has happened to Micah Richards as he looked like he was going to be best right back in the league

Fair play mate, as you will have seen more of him than me I taker your points on board. In truth, he is very young and I am being a bit harsh on him, I'm still stunned he beat Aguero to YpotY tbh.

He has a lot of room to improve as he's only 22. Not fair to judge players completely at that age. As for Richards, I still rate him above Walker, but Zabaleta is an unsung hero at City and it looked like Mancini wanted some more defensive solidity rather than raw power late in the season, hence Zabaleta taking Richards' place.

I appreciate you not having a go at me for my opinion either, and replying with why you think I was being harsh. You do make some fair points.

Seen a few other Spurs games since, and he has been average(and thats being kind) in them, hats off for his fk on the weekend though.

Micah was moved to the middle and forgot how to tackle, think the money has gone to his head.

Guest Nikica

but its a good indication as to how well he has done over the season. Otherwise the game wouldnt work

Fair point, but it is flawed. I give some reasoning why above.

I love playing fantasy games, they're great fun and make games more interesting as a neutral, but it's dangerous to use them as evidence for a player's talent, because of said flaws.

A fantasy game would tell you that Walcott is a superior player to Carrick, Scholes, or Yaya Toure...

They rely heavily on the ethos that attacking players have had good games if they assist or score - in truth quite often a player will score a meaningless goal in a game but be stinking for the other 89 minutes.

Edited by Nikica

Fair point, but it is flawed. I give some reasoning why above.

I love playing fantasy games, they're great fun and make games more interesting as a neutral, but it's dangerous to use them as evidence for a player's talent, because of said flaws.

A fantasy game would tell you that Walcott is a superior player to Carrick, Scholes, or Yaya Toure...

They rely heavily on the ethos that attacking players have had good games if they assist or score - in truth quite often a player will score a meaningless goal in a game but be stinking for the other 89 minutes.

it gives a good indication because hes a defender and a defenders points come from clean sheets - that may not be down to him but he is part of the defensive unit that earns the points. As for meaningless points because a player might be useless for 89 mins i agree, look at Yak for example. But, it takes a second to score a goal and goals win games. If he wins a game after standing around for 89 mins but nods a goal in, does that make him meaningless?

I dont get to see him play every week but i see the points he gets me each week, so based on that (no matter how flimsy an argument) ive got to say hes a decent player....

edit: im a little drunk after a bottle of white wine and a few G+Ts, logic may be a little flawed.....

Edited by Matt

Guest Nikica

it gives a good indication because hes a defender and a defenders points come from clean sheets - that may not be down to him but he is part of the defensive unit that earns the points. As for meaningless points because a player might be useless for 89 mins i agree, look at Yak for example. But, it takes a second to score a goal and goals win games. If he wins a game after standing around for 89 mins but nods a goal in, does that make him meaningless?

I dont get to see him play every week but i see the points he gets me each week, so based on that (no matter how flimsy an argument) ive got to say hes a decent player....

edit: im a little drunk after a bottle of white wine and a few G+Ts, logic may be a little flawed.....

I know what you are saying, but in my view it's too simplistic an argument. I wasn't really referring to scoring the winner when you have played poorly, more a case of scoring a goal in a game where you lost 3-1. Scholes might have controlled the game for the winning team, but not received any assist or goal points...

Yeah, the defensive unit thing is fair. BUT, if we look at it that way, why are players from the same defence rated wildly different in terms of value, even though they score equal points as a unit? For instance, even though Evans is now a starter because of Vidic's injury, he still costs far less than Rio Ferdinand, despite the fact neither ever really attain 'bonus' defender points for goals and assists. If we work on the assumption that they score points as a unit, surely that means they should all cost the same (assuming they have an equal goal threat as defenders)? The fact that the games' creators assign defenders from the same teams differing values appears to back back up my claim that some defenders are more integral to clean sheets than the others.

I do get your point in a sense though: high points mean more clean sheets and productivity. I just think games like that are pretty deceptive and can't tell you the full story of an overall performance.

Edited by Nikica