IGNORED

FA approach Hodgson

FA have approached Hodgson http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17888928

Could be a good thing considering He has no ties with the prima-donnas within the camp and old rat face will not be happy if He lands the role!

If He does get the job I fear that He could be turned into another McClown also with the media being up Redknapps arse He will surely be slaughtered at the first sight of blood by the "london mob"

I'd have posted in the "Who should succeed Capello" thread but the site kept crashing!

Edited by EFC-Paul

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was abit sceptical at first but I've been thinking about it and listening to Talksport and have changed My mind abit.

He's a good bloke and I do think He could do well but as people all over the net have said He has never really been able to take criticism on the chin and with the England job He could be setting Himself up for a huge fall.

Either way He will know that as well as anyone and I tip My hat to the man for always making Himself available for the job as I don't see Him as a money grabber as such and genuinely think He's in it for the job itself.

Not set in stone yet but He will have My full backing if He's appointed.

Can't believe how disrespectful the motd lot were about Hodgson, saying it should be Redknapp. Why would anyone want Redknapp? He's a wheeler dealer, he's be wheelin' out crackheads claiming they're Ronaldo's mum and he should really be playing for England. Hodgson CV is a lot better considering Redknapp has to throw cash around to get anywhere. Relegated Soton and run back to Portsmouth. Doesnt even give proper instructions, he's a tactically inept saggy faced twit. Only 1 blemish on Hodgson's career is B'burn, but they were on the down anyway.

I don't really care about the natonal side here, I actually enjoy watching the English lose more often than not, the constant media hype and exaggerated nonsense that goes with it, gets on one's nerves sometimes, and it has Chelsea and Liverpool snides involved, so not much time for it.

I was genuinely pleased when the fucking awful Capello went, I don't mind Redknapp like some do, and think he could do well, and Hodgson seems a bit of a strange choice, about 63 years old now and failed miserably at the shite although did some things of recognition with Fulham, I think all said he's not that bad a manager, doing OK at WBA now, they could do worse than bring him in, but just feel he's inappropriate. It would be a surprise for me if he did get the job in a full time capacity when it's all done with.

I actually enjoy watching the English lose more often than not

I agree with you on that. Easy to hate England. Hodgson comes across as urbane, civil and dignified, which are good qualities to have in any walk of life. With our international standing being so low, I would guess the FA were minded of this. Redknapp come across as wide-boy and parochial. I’m glad they overlooked him. If Hodgson can imbue the players with some of his own qualities, I think the sense of schadenfreude will abate.

I agree with you on that. Easy to hate England. Hodgson comes across as urbane, civil and dignified, which are good qualities to have in any walk of life. With our international standing being so low, I would guess the FA were minded of this. Redknapp come across as wide-boy and parochial. I’m glad they overlooked him. If Hodgson can imbue the players with some of his own qualities, I think the sense of schadenfreude will abate.

Say_What.png

I was genuinely pleased when the fucking awful Capello went, I don't mind Redknapp like some do, and think he could do well, and Hodgson seems a bit of a strange choice, about 63 years old now and failed miserably at the shite although did some things of recognition with Fulham, I think all said he's not that bad a manager, doing OK at WBA now, they could do worse than bring him in, but just feel he's inappropriate. It would be a surprise for me if he did get the job in a full time capacity when it's all done with.

He's managed at international level and did well at Inter Milan.

I don't know how anyone can say they like to see their Country beaten!! Regardless of prima donna's and the media.

Very bizarre mentality in My optinion, if Everton brought in players similar in attitude to Terry and co or become as many want a mega rich and heavily invested club which would attract the heavy media following as with City would You stop supporting them??

Regardless of how up the swanny the place is or who pulls on the shirt or what ever a cockney tit in shirt and tie sat behind a tape recorder says it's My Country all that goes out the window for Me and I don't take it on-board one bit!

I don't know how anyone can say they like to see their Country beaten!! Regardless of prima donna's and the media.

Very bizarre mentality in My optinion, if Everton brought in players similar in attitude to Terry and co or become as many want a mega rich and heavily invested club which would attract the heavy media following as with City would You stop supporting them??

Regardless of how up the swanny the place is or who pulls on the shirt or what ever a cockney tit in shirt and tie sat behind a tape recorder says it's My Country all that goes out the window for Me and I don't take it on-board one bit!

If Everton had players like Terry, Young, and Gerrard I'd support another team. But we dont get players like that (cunts get kicked to the curb regardless of talent), possibly the reason our team has stronger bonds with more of a family feel to it.

It was hypothetical Pete but that is not My mentality maybe others, two or three cunts don't make a whore house so even though I don't like the said few it doesn't stop Me supporting My nation.

Them, along with players picked by the media or by what team they play for rather than merit, make it too hard for me to support it. Warnock a head of Baines, all the fodder a head of Parker. Before that Gerrard and Lampard 'dilema' if they dont play well together dont pick them, not that hard of a decision. Scholes pushed to the left/pushed to retirement. Barmby didnt get a call up till he made the switch to the shite, Keown a head of Dave Watson. Shocking system no wonder they never win. Hopefuly Hodgson wont bend over to the pressures from the FA to have their media darlings in the team.

This is brilliant news. Euro 2012 is going to be hilarious, the man is a tactical dinosaur.

And for anyone who honestly believes his nice guy image, when things start to go wrong, and his mates in the press stop writing his PR for him, the whole country will see just how dignified he actually is.

Roy's MO

Play appallingly poor 442 football straight from 1982, designed simply to try and avoid defeat.

Get criticised

Accept no responsibility whatsoever

Blame everyone and everything else

Point out that he's got x amount of years experience (winning nothing outside scandinavia), therefore it simply can't be his fault.

Get sacked

It's going to be emotional.

No doubting the shocking selections over the years and so on and don't get Me wrong I get as pissed off as the next man but My point was it would never stop Me supporting them.

I don't disagree one bit with what Your saying but I won't let small talk from what we all know as inept journo's turn My head or a tit who bangs other people's wives.

I really do hope this is a time now where England finally lose the dead wood and start playing and blooding in the younger players it's worked wonders for Germany and in My opinion We have a better pool of young talent then most nations at the moment.

This is brilliant news.  Euro 2012 is going to be hilarious, the man is a tactical dinosaur.

And for anyone who honestly believes his nice guy image, when things start to go wrong, and his mates in the press stop writing his PR for him, the whole country will see just how dignified he actually is.

Roy's MO

Play appallingly poor 442 football straight from 1982, designed simply to try and avoid defeat.

Get criticised

Accept no responsibility whatsoever

Blame everyone and everything else

Point out that he's got x amount of years experience (winning nothing outside scandinavia), therefore it simply can't be his fault.

Get sacked

It's going to be emotional.

That's quite funny in itself as nearly every professional and ex player who know or have worked with Him have sang His praises for just those things You have highlighted as being His negatives!

That's quite funny in itself as nearly every professional and ex player who know or have worked with Him have sang His praises for just those things You have highlighted as being His negatives!

haha did these hundreds, if not thousands of players over the last 36 years all tell you that personally, or did you read it in the English press?

I'm not sure I've ever seen him praised for his ability to deflect critisicm either, being honest?

just wait and see, that's all I'm saying.

No but the many who have been interviewed live on Skysports Talksport and many more have said just that smart arse.

I've already mentioned the handling of criticism for Me that could be His downfall but the only time I have seen Him sway under pressure it was at the shite and let's be honest new owners coming in not the man the players wanted nor did they play once for Him made His tenure there a doomed one from the word go.

Like You say We shall see but I do think IF He's given a chance He would do a good job in the longer term then Redknapp would have who may have brought a brief but not long lived spark.

Liverpool fans like to deflect from the fact Benitez left a mess (oh and they tend to forget wanting rid of that man, and want him back now). Hodgson was LMA manager of the year and deservedly so, can't see him suddenly becoming tactically inept over a couple of months. Hodgson was nothing but a fall guy at Liverpool. Dogleash wasted £200 million and still hasnt fixed Rafa's mess, but somehow it's all Hodgsons fault.

No but the many who have been interviewed live on Skysports Talksport and many more have said just that smart arse.

I've already mentioned the handling of criticism for Me that could be His downfall but the only time I have seen Him sway under pressure it was at the shite and let's be honest new owners coming in not the man the players wanted nor did they play once for Him made His tenure there a doomed one from the word go.

Like You say We shall see but I do think IF He's given a chance He would do a good job in the longer term then Redknapp would have who may have brought a brief but not long lived spark.

you said most of the players who've ever played under him have praised him for the things I criticised him for, i.e. his tactics, how he rejects personal criticism, and how he blames others. I disagree.

and pete, he won LMA manager of the year after guiding fulham to a bottom half finish, 5 places lower than the previous season, losing 16 games, and scoring fewer goals than burnley along the way. That's fine if, like the LMA, you tend to reward people for exceeding very low expectations. UEFA, and FIFA, don't.

As for "fall guy", his win % for us makes him, Graeme Souness aside, the worst Liverpool manager results wise since 1956. He was knocked out of a cup by the team 3rd from bottom of the football league, at home! Any set of fans who would settle for that deserve everything they get.

And finally, only ever failed at Liverpool. Sacked at Bristol City, Blackburn, Udinese, and Liverpool. Not to mention being mutually consented out of Inter. The man the FA have not only employed as manager, but also effectlvly as technical director of their swanky new youth acadamy has won nothing other than domestic titles and cups in minor european leagues. And nothing at all since 2001.

If you're happy with that, then that makes two of us, but try and remember which of us has actually supported, and regularly watched live, a team managed by him. :)

I said nearly not all but yeah I could have worded it better but the point stands and I will take the word of those many professionals who have worked for or under Him over an opinion from a member of a forum as they have inside and personal knowledge of how He works.

It just doesn't come down to what you've won look at Capello a man revered as a top top coach and manager who has won an abundance of trophies same with Eriksson.

The trouble is the FA wanted an English manager and other then Redknapp and Pardew who else is there who could do as good a job as Roy possibly could? I think most would have loved Pep Jose and many other's My personal target would have been Marcelo Bielsa.

At the end of the day not one of us really knows how it will pan out for Him I just see Him as a man that may in the long run be a good choice.

I said nearly not all but yeah I could have worded it better but the point stands and I will take the word of those many professionals who have worked for or under Him over an opinion from a member of a forum as they have inside and personal knowledge of how He works.

It just doesn't come down to what you've won look at Capello a man revered as a top top coach and manager who has won an abundance of trophies same with Eriksson.

The trouble is the FA wanted an English manager and other then Redknapp and Pardew who else is there who could do as good a job as Roy possibly could? I think most would have loved Pep Jose and many other's My personal target would have been Marcelo Bielsa.

At the end of the day not one of us really knows how it will pan out for Him I just see Him as a man that may in the long run be a good choice.

Capello's win percentage with England was 67%.

Erricsson famously lost only 2 (I think? perhaps not that famously then!) competitive games. They were hounded out by the press who wanted an Englishman instead to bring us the kind of unmitigated success the likes of Keegan, Hoddle, and Mcclaren brought.

a big, big problem for the FA, the press, and England supporters is that England are shit. Capello was a managerial genius, and look how that ended.

i was just wonderin with you mentioning the worst win % record that's all...i'm pretty indifferent to the appointment...he's experienced enough..we'll see what happens

just to highlight the fact that it was poor results that had the fans turn on him, not Benitez. Everyone wanted success when he came, nobody was willing us to lose at home to Northampton and Blackpool, but we did anyway.