IGNORED

FA approach Hodgson

Fair play mate, as you will have seen more of him than me I taker your points on board. In truth, he is very young and I am being a bit harsh on him, I'm still stunned he beat Aguero to YpotY tbh.

He has a lot of room to improve as he's only 22. Not fair to judge players completely at that age. As for Richards, I still rate him above Walker, but Zabaleta is an unsung hero at City and it looked like Mancini wanted some more defensive solidity rather than raw power late in the season, hence Zabaleta taking Richards' place.

I appreciate you not having a go at me for my opinion either, and replying with why you think I was being harsh. You do make some fair points.

This is an Everton forum and I am lucky to be tolerated

so it wouldn't be wise to have a go at an Everton fan here

not that I would have a go at any one

I think Hodgson is a better choice for England than Redknapp and I hope he does well, be interesting to see what he does with old

guard Terry, Lampard, Ferdinand etc, I would like to see the Likes of Chamberlain at le scum given a chance, Jones at UTD, Welbeck with Wooney as Roy will call him and look to build for the future like Spain did years ago and look at them now

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nikica

This is an Everton forum and I am lucky to be tolerated

so it wouldn't be wise to have a go at an Everton fan here

not that I would have a go at any one

I think Hodgson is a better choice for England than Redknapp and I hope he does well, be interesting to see what he does with old

guard Terry, Lampard, Ferdinand etc, I would like to see the Likes of Chamberlain at le scum given a chance, Jones at UTD, Welbeck with Wooney as Roy will call him and look to build for the future like Spain did years ago and look at them now

As Romey says, I am not an Everton fan either. I just give my opinion on general footballing matters.

I think Hodgson seems a nice enough guy, but his tactics seem pretty outdated and I can't see how he's a step forward after sacking Capello. In truth, England should have tried to get a foreign coach - go all out for the likes of Hiddink, Van Gaal, Bielsa imo.

The English managers still have a pretty outdated way of playing which I don't believe is conducive to prospering at international level. I'd be pleasantly surprised if Hodgson lined up 433/4231 but I can't see it. He will probably go 442 and concede possession in most games.

I don't think England's youngsters are anywhere near the level of what Spain has produced over the last decade. British football needs to be changed from the grass roots up. Smaller sided games, smaller pitches, more emphasis on technical ability than power and strength at youth level etc. Just my view.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

can i come back to this when im not drunk? (if i remember.....)

quite like Niks argument style but im struggling to read....

I know how you feel mate - I have felt ill all day and my head is absolutely pounding. I should try and rest.

I know how you feel mate - I have felt ill all day and my head is absolutely pounding. I should try and rest.

ive been ill the last 3 days - missed 2 flights and a massive party because of it :(

Drinking because the drugs dont work, though they didnt make it worse and im not sure whos face i'll see again...... :unsure:

Guest Nikica

ive been ill the last 3 days - missed 2 flights and a massive party because of it sad.png

Drinking because the drugs dont work, though they didnt make it worse and im not sure whos face i'll see again...... unsure.png

Wow. Where were you headed? I'm sure you mentioned it the other day...can't remember.

I've never done drugs and, to be honest, I am a very light drinker, so God knows how much worse my pains would be if I did do either much. I feel ill enough most days as it is.

Guest Nikica

biggrin.png indeed it was laugh.png

was supposed to go to Amsterdam for Queens day sad.png

Rofl, totally missed it.

Would have been a nice trip, I suppose there's always a next time.

I will stop replying to this convo now mate. I've enjoyed it but it isn't fair to derail the thread.

Rofl, totally missed it.

Would have been a nice trip, I suppose there's always a next time.

I will stop replying to this convo now mate. I've enjoyed it but it isn't fair to derail the thread.

Ex-England manager McClaren managed Twente and also enjoyed Queens day im sure.... Hes also incompetent like Hodgson:

(and once more the thread is on track ;) )

Guest Nikica

Nice linkage.Grammar Police.gif

I am surprised they've got Hodgson and not Redknapp, though. I'm not a fan of either but Redknapp seemed the overwhelming favourite.

The Mirror:

"He was lampooned, crudely and unnecessarily, as Woy." - 29 April 2012 http://www.mirror.co...est-brom-811852

"Woy the brain" - http://www.mirror.co...14842 2 May 2012

Original headline: "Woy joy: Hodgson approached to become England manager" latterly edited to "It's Roy: FA to name Hodgson as England boss in amazing snub to fans' favourite Redknapp"

Inside Woy's brain:

http://www.mirror.co...n (Roy Hodgson) - 2 May 2012

The Mirror:

"He was lampooned, crudely and unnecessarily, as Woy." - 29 April 2012 http://www.mirror.co...est-brom-811852

The poll on who to be England manager is quite interesting. 40% Roy to 41% Harry, considering how much the press have gone on about the public wanting Harry there's very little in it and the papers were just after Rednapp because the back pages would have been easier to fill. Plus with it being a rag so most the Harry votes would have been brain washed idiots.

Gotta be said, the daily scum just cant help themselves - sure most fans like me called him Woy when managing Liverpool but to put it on front pages and turning a daily paper into a bullying playground "scitting" weapon is out of order.

I was worried to a certain extent if Redknapp got it that would have given them a very good chance this summer, but they took a step back with Hodgson, nice stand up guy, but not the one to take the side forward, think you've reduced your chances of glory this year with this appointment. I can appreciate fans frustrations but I was kind of pleased in a way he got it, I don't really want them to do anything. The media hype and all the bullshit it entails each tourney for non english can be murder sometimes. dry.png

not sure why he is so inferior to redknapp? what has redknapp done that is so amazing? also...he hasn't managed internationally..look what roy did with switzerland

redknapp would be a disaster.

what's he had, one european campaign in his entire career?

1 fa cup and a league cup in nearly 30 years as a manager.

his dog has bankrupt more clubs than he's won trophies.

Most people who bother with these stories or take an interest in the national team even, were genuinely disappointed that Redknapp was overlooked and Hodgson got the vote instead, I can kind of appreciate that, the FA did a similar thing in 1977 was it, when instead of bringing in Brian Clough after Revie fucked off to the United Arab Emirates, they decided to go with Ron Greenwood instead - bizarre. Nottingham Forest's gain was England's loss.

I merely think under Redknapp you would have fared better and done better maybe this summer, thought it straight away when I heard the news, Redknapp was the peoples favorite to get the job, I can appreciate that. He seemed tailor made for the job I thought sometimes, initial reactions in the media I saw the day after, was people had immediate skepticisms about the new appointment, I think that's fair enough.

Most people who bother with these stories or take an interest in the national team even, were genuinely disappointed that Redknapp was overlooked and Hodgson got the vote instead, I can kind of appreciate that, the FA did a similar thing in 1977 was it, when instead of bringing in Brian Clough after Revie fucked off to the United Arab Emirates, they decided to go with Ron Greenwood instead - bizarre. Nottingham Forest's gain was England's loss.

As I've already stated above there is only a 1% difference in the Mirror's poll: Redknapp 41%, to Roys 40%. Considering the paper was pushing towards Redknapp, plus not many kopites would have picked Roy(I'd hazard a guess 10% are bitter Liverpool fans), makes me believe Roy would walk it if it was a fair contest media attention wise.

we never purchase tabloids such as 'The Mirror' or anything such, maybe have a look at The Daily Mail on occasion, not too bad for sport, and I was merely reading an article where some former big names questioned the appointment and even chief soccer writers had their doubts too.

What I'm getting at and all said, is merely

Under Redknapp the national side I feel would have had a better chance of Euro glory this summer, he's just seems better equipped, more appropriate etc, it was a bit of a missed opportunity the other day. I don't really give a shit about the national side here, it's of no interest to me, Hodgson is a stand up guy, a nice enough individual, but I will always insist they got the wrong man. I have nothing against him of course, wish him well actually, but we shall see.

The sports writers were inclined to big Redknapp up as it would have made all there jobs easier writing about the cockney wideboy 'arry.

Why is he more appropriate? How is he better equipped? Hodgson has international experience as well as more success at club level.

Guest blueboy122

The sports writers were inclined to big Redknapp up as it would have made all there jobs easier writing about the cockney wideboy 'arry.

Why is he more appropriate? How is he better equipped? Hodgson has international experience as well as more success at club level.

Foxy...Bingo

Guest Nikica

Hodgson is a better manager than Redknapp - but neither is fantastic, are they?

The London-centric media backed Redknapp so have thrown their toys out of the pram.

Roy seems like a nice guy and I wish him well. However, does he really have what it takes to transform England? We can talk all day about what he did at Inter and Switzerland but that was a long time ago...

Guest blueboy122

Hodgson is a better manager than Redknapp - but neither is fantastic, are they?

The London-centric media backed Redknapp so have thrown their toys out of the pram.

Roy seems like a nice guy and I wish him well. However, does he really have what it takes to transform England? We can talk all day about what he did at Inter and Switzerland but that was a long time ago...

Yes it was a long time ago but that is besides the point its not as if he is a player manager, he can use the experiance gained from the achievements.

Guest Nikica

Yes it was a long time ago but that is besides the point its not as if he is a player manager, he can use the experiance gained from the achievements.

I agree with you, his experience will help and he has certainly done more in the game than Redknapp but don't you think his tactics are still a bit outdated? Generally plays 442 and a style of football which can be found out in int, football, where the possession game is key.

On the plus side, he gets the most out of average (relatively speaking, to other teams in the tournament) players, so perhaps England will respond to him.

I'm not sure why you made the player-manager point, he wasn't a player-manager at Inter or the Swiss either. I was saying that it has been a long time since he has truly been in charge at the elite level ie CLs, int level (Liverpool doesn't count tbh given how bad they've been recently). I suppose Fulham did make the EL Final.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

he has done well bar liverpool in recent times too..'outdated tacitcs' included...i'd take experience over a dodgy 'arry any day

The point is though, that the game he plays works well in the PL where it's pretty explosive, end-to-end and about 'power', without trying to stereotype too much (there's plenty good football as well).

That sort of game is exposed far more in the international arena, where guile, possession, and the ability to play a nuanced, tactical, and intelligent game comes into play.

The thing is, I think Hodgson might have it in him to play that way with the right players - but does he want to try? And even if he did, do the England players have the technique to do it? Most of them are more brawn and pace than brains and technique.

Edited by Nikica