IGNORED

Nick Powell

I liked a lot of the Crewe lads actually. Obviously Powell showed a lot of technical ability. Harry Davis, the manager's son, played well at centre back. Very composed. He was always looking to build up play himself through the middle, didn't just give the easy pass to the right back. Ashley Westwood played some neat passes in midfield, very composed. Their striker Leitch-Smith moved well and was very involved in play. Byron Moore was threatening with his pace and showed some nice turns. And they're all young lads. It would have been nice if Clayton had gotten more time too.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-sport/everton-fc-news/2012/06/08/david-moyes-set-to-miss-out-on-crewe-wonder-kid-nick-powell-but-germany-international-lewis-holtby-eyes-everton-fc-move-59067-31138100/

The Blues have sent scouts to watch 18-year-old sensation Powell on several occasions, with David Moyes personally running the rule over the 6ft attacker who scored 16 goals as his side won promotion to Npower League One via the play-offs.

Powell, who scored a stunning strike in the play-off final against Cheltenham, is keen to remain in the North-West, but even though he also wants to play first team football, Toffees sources are certain his heart is set on a £5m move to Manchester United, especially after Crewe gave Alex Ferguson permission to talk terms with the teenager.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Henen also has had similar problems. It's worth finding out what caused these issues first. He could have had an argument with his GF and then someone rubbed him the wrong way in the training, who knows? Powell seems very highly regarded.

Edited by Makis

Nick Powell would be a fantastic signing for Everton if they got him think Martinez would get the best out of him.Nicks one of the best if not the best we have produced and its a long list Lennon, Savage, Ashton, Hulse, Jones, Murphy, Seth Johnson to name a few .Hope some truth in the rumour , Leicester and Pearson wrong club hes sort of player who needs an arm round him to get the best out of him .

Ha ha no im not Dario he's probaly running around a pitch coaching the under 11's ! the guy must be in his 70's now but never stops. As for the group played footy against one of em once thats as close to being famous as I got !! Im just a Crewe alex fan with a soft spot for the toffee's. IF they cant get Powell they should have a look at our young keeper Ben Garratt he's going be top drawer. Cheers lads

• 9 months later...

He has a very bad attitude.

From what I've read he's been first class at United since his injury, he was at Wigan.

At Leicester he would have been playing under nigel pearson, so as far as I'm concerned that 'attitude' could be bullshit.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Nov/warren-joyce-on-nick-powell-comeback-from-injury.aspx

Edited by Hafnia

From what I've read he's been first class at United since his injury, he was at Wigan.

At Leicester he would have been playing under nigel pearson, so as far as I'm concerned that 'attitude' could be bullshit.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Nov/warren-joyce-on-nick-powell-comeback-from-injury.aspx

He's my mate Chris' brother.

It's well documented around here (very proud of his achievements in the first instance) that he's a bit of a tool.

I've played footy with him, albeit he was alot younger! I worked with someone who was a member of the hospitality staff at the Alex, looked after the kids pre/post game, she always said out of all the players she's worked alongside, he had the biggest ego but had the talent to boot. Nick's old friends, who are still around where i'm from and in my sisters year, still mention the fact he was more interested in Cricket and felt forced into the football path because he was good. On the grand scheme of things, he was/is good but he just doesn't apply himself. In the last 6/12 months, that attitude may have changed, but before now, as Mark has said, he was a little shit.

He's my mate Chris' brother.

It's well documented around here (very proud of his achievements in the first instance) that he's a bit of a tool.

I've played footy with him, albeit he was alot younger! I worked with someone who was a member of the hospitality staff at the Alex, looked after the kids pre/post game, she always said out of all the players she's worked alongside, he had the biggest ego but had the talent to boot. Nick's old friends, who are still around where i'm from and in my sisters year, still mention the fact he was more interested in Cricket and felt forced into the football path because he was good. On the grand scheme of things, he was/is good but he just doesn't apply himself. In the last 6/12 months, that attitude may have changed, but before now, as Mark has said, he was a little shit.

The injury may have been sobering. Some footballers need something to make the penny drop... plus he's probably due a new contract.

The injury may have been sobering. Some footballers need something to make the penny drop... plus he's probably due a new contract.

Some people couldn't believe his lack of application when he first joined United but maybe he now realises even if he applied just enough, it could be a long term venture. See him out for life. And the deadline looms...