IGNORED

Telegraph on Everton finances

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got the feeling he'll go..why was he brought off yesterday? and the applauding all sides of the ground? it just felt like a farewell..hope i'm wrong i want him as the next captain

I thought the same as soon as it happened.

Edited by Romey 1878

i just got the feeling he'll go..why was he brought off yesterday? and the applauding all sides of the ground? it just felt like a farewell..hope i'm wrong i want him as the next captain

I'm knowingly naive grabbing any hope I can. I'm hoping on Jags having a worldy at the Euro's and Moyes is forced to sell him instead.

Anyone got an idea why Moyes prefers the others? As the only reason I can think is because Heitinga plays the ball on the floor or instead of lumping it actually picks out a man.

Edited by pete0

player of the season deserves a standing ovation, plus he scored and was on a booking. Just a common sense move with some good man management. I cant see Johnny going - he wants to stay and Pip has said how happy he is and how important he is in the dressing room...

alright you 2 miseries. Lets look at it this way. How much do we need to raise to keep us afloat and sign Pienaar + 1 other? Its more than Johnnys market value, whereas Felli or Baines gives us breathing room with the banks and transfer funds.

Also, thought Heits went off before T-How pulled up?

Jonny has been our outstanding player, he's had a run at the back and shown he is immense and way above Distin and Jags in terms of ability if Moyes is even considering let alone does sell him, he can follow Jonny out of the door imo, you just don't sell players like that. If it's about money then there are others who can go before him, IF it's a football decision then Moyes is just a negative twat, and i for one do not want another year of it let alone ten years, so he can just do one as far as im concerned, nervous times ahead.

alright you 2 miseries. Lets look at it this way. How much do we need to raise to keep us afloat and sign Pienaar + 1 other? Its more than Johnnys market value, whereas Felli or Baines gives us breathing room with the banks and transfer funds.

Also, thought Heits went off before T-How pulled up?

I'm not saying Johnny would be sold because he could cover our transfer dealings this summer. I think him and one of Fellaini or Baines will go.

im going to wait and see, because last year it was too hard sweating over who was going to leave....

Think about it this way, we lost Arteta, didnt really effect us that much to be honest. I feel that Gibson and Osman/Rodders etc have filled Artetas shoes. (I just know that im going to get it from you guys for saying this)

Maybe something good will come out of it? We wont know until next season. Im trying to stay positive and hope that who ever leaves gives us a bunch of cash.

Think about it this way, we lost Arteta, didnt really effect us that much to be honest. I feel that Gibson and Osman/Rodders etc have filled Artetas shoes. (I just know that im going to get it from you guys for saying this)

Maybe something good will come out of it? We wont know until next season. Im trying to stay positive and hope that who ever leaves gives us a bunch of cash.

I agree, dont think we missed Arteta anywhere near as much as we were fearing. Ossie is a perfect replacement for him and im sure wouldve had more time in the middle had he not been covering the wings.

One thing we can count on, if someone does leave our board will get every last penny for them....

Edited by Matt

I agree, dont think we missed Arteta anywhere near as much as we were fearing. Ossie is a perfect replacement for him and im sure wouldve had more time in the middle had he not been covering the wings.

One thing we can count on, if someone does leave our board will get every last penny for them....

Are you sure about that? i remember a quote from a certain person about how "we would never sell Rooney for £50m" and he went for half of that, i don't trust them whatsoever tbh.

Are you sure about that? i remember a quote from a certain person about how "we would never sell Rooney for £50m" and he went for half of that, i don't trust them whatsoever tbh.

3m for Pienaar who had 6 months on his contract, 22-24m for Lescott despite the player making it difficult and a deadline looming, 26m for a teenager who had scored 17 in 77 but showed masses of potential (a deal which allowed us to expand the team quite successfully)....

one thing the board are very good at is pinching pennies...

Edited by Matt

3m for Pienaar who had 6 months on his contract, 22-24m for Lescott despite the player making it difficult and a deadline looming, 26m for a teenager who had scored 17 in 77 but showed masses of potential (a deal which allowed us to expand the team quite successfully)....

one thing the board are very good at is pinching pennies...

Rooney was worth more but wanted to go. We were on the better half of the deal for the Lescott and Pienaar transfers. Add Bent, McFadden and AJ to the list as well.

was he worth more? like matt said he was a teenager who hadn't proved much at all

He was Englands best player(playing 90 mins for them when he was mostly a sub for us). Had turned Zidane inside out which pretty much stapled him in as the hottest prospect in football. Think the fee should have been closer to £35 mil.

On a side note he's never full-filled his potential, bags more ability than girl-Ronaldo just doesnt apply it as well. So we got a fair deal. Be more upset if we get less than £50 mil for Fellaini.

Jonny has been our outstanding player, he's had a run at the back and shown he is immense and way above Distin and Jags in terms of ability if Moyes is even considering let alone does sell him, he can follow Jonny out of the door imo, you just don't sell players like that. If it's about money then there are others who can go before him, IF it's a football decision then Moyes is just a negative twat, and i for one do not want another year of it let alone ten years, so he can just do one as far as im concerned, nervous times ahead.

agree cant belive fans are taking it like felliani is going, if he does then i want a hole new board and new management because it can only go backwards selling them 2 for debt dont care if we dont have money what is the point in going back with the likes of sunderland villa etc..

Edited by Blue4Ever

BRFC were relegated in 1999 just four years after winning the league championship, that was even bigger fall from grace than what was mentioned,

I hope you can get back at the first attempt but some people have said it could be a tall order, the championship league is damn difficult to win or even get back from. If Everton were ever relegated, I think sometimes it could be more than just one season to bounce back, but until that actually occurs, we may never know, said it before our record against lower league sides is far from excellent, it could well be a bit of a struggle but it seems irrelevant as there's no immediate danger of such a thing any time soon.

He was Englands best player(playing 90 mins for them when he was mostly a sub for us). Had turned Zidane inside out which pretty much stapled him in as the hottest prospect in football. Think the fee should have been closer to £35 mil.

On a side note he's never full-filled his potential, bags more ability than girl-Ronaldo just doesnt apply it as well. So we got a fair deal. Be more upset if we get less than £50 mil for Fellaini.

Rodwell was going to be the next best thing too (not quite Rooney level) and touted at 20m. If someone had come in at 20m it wouldve been a gamble - look at his injuries now, we'd be lucky to sell him at all. My point is, that whenever you take on a purchase on potential you could be bitten on the ass. Buying big for proven talent makes more sense but, I suppose any transfer could be argued a risk.

50m for Felli. A bit ambitious but if Modric is touted at 40m, we should be asking between 30-35m. Then take off 5-10m because people know we need the cash and you get the ball park figure....

Rodwell was going to be the next best thing too (not quite Rooney level) and touted at 20m. If someone had come in at 20m it wouldve been a gamble - look at his injuries now, we'd be lucky to sell him at all. My point is, that whenever you take on a purchase on potential you could be bitten on the ass. Buying big for proven talent makes more sense but, I suppose any transfer could be argued a risk.

50m for Felli. A bit ambitious but if Modric is touted at 40m, we should be asking between 30-35m. Then take off 5-10m because people know we need the cash and you get the ball park figure....

Rooney was proven, he was England's main striker at the Euros.

Fellaini is younger and better than Modric, Javi Martinez is toted for £40 mil Fellaini should be more.