IGNORED

Telegraph on Everton finances

havin a few good games isn't proven...kieran richardson scored twice on his england debut...just sayin

He was a regular, he broke the record as youngest Premier league, England and Euros scorer. He stood out having that natural class. He was worth what they paid for him, if they paid for the potential we would have got closer to 35.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was a regular in a poor side at the time..if he was a regular in today's team then yes i may agree

He was regular in the England team, he done Zidane (I think this was Euro 2004 I may be wrong) and cemented himself as the next best.

england or not he had a few good games scored a couple of goals but i really don't believe that made him a 35m pound player..especially as transfer fees weren't what they are today

If they had paid based on potential(as clubs had started to do eg. Arsenal - Jefferslaugh.png ) he would have been, we were in dire straits and Rooney wanted to leave if he was at a financially stable club the fee would have been in that region.

We cannot go through another season of Cahill upfront, he is a bench player next season imo, and it looks like Fellaini might go, so we will need someone, Dempsey is the ideal player.

Im not saying we dont need another striker, but I dont see us getting one because we have brought in Jelavic. Dempsey would be a good signing, but he isnt necessarily a striker, he does the same type of things as Cahill. Not really a midfielder and not really a striker. Vic would be the first person I would sell if I had the chance!

Think about it this way, we lost Arteta, didnt really effect us that much to be honest. I feel that Gibson and Osman/Rodders etc have filled Artetas shoes. (I just know that im going to get it from you guys for saying this)

Maybe something good will come out of it? We wont know until next season. Im trying to stay positive and hope that who ever leaves gives us a bunch of cash.

Tbh I wasnt exactly expecting that losing Arteta would effect us because he was crap the season before and hindered rather than helped at times. Gibson is much more effective at doing what Moyes wanted Arteta to do and while he is way below the level we had from Arteta in his pomp, he does a solid job for us right now.

If I was looking to raise £20mil then my prime candidates would be Vic, Jags & Coleman. Vic isnt good enough in the top flight and wont be starting, Jags hasn't been the same since his injury & Coleman isnt a winger or a right back it seems. If we could get Dempsey in, promote Duffy to CB #3 & get Pienaar back cheaply with maybe someone like Jarvis/Kightly, Hoilett, Vaz Te (if WHAM dont get promoted) then that will be a very productive summer and its certainly possible.

tongue.pngblink.png Now Im confused , I could have sworn it was the Indians that you sold out to

blush.png lol can't believe I set myself up for that one

BRFC were relegated in 1999 just four years after winning the league championship, that was even bigger fall from grace than what was mentioned,

I hope you can get back at the first attempt but some people have said it could be a tall order, the championship league is damn difficult to win or even get back from. If Everton were ever relegated, I think sometimes it could be more than just one season to bounce back, but until that actually occurs, we may never know, said it before our record against lower league sides is far from excellent, it could well be a bit of a struggle but it seems irrelevant as there's no immediate danger of such a thing any time soon.

I think you're right about 1999, it was a big fall. However there is a major difference this time. In 1999 everyone at the club wanted what was best for Rovers and were pulling out all the stops to get us promoted again - and it still took us two seasons. This time however that couldn't be further from the truth. The Venkys dont give a single crap, Kean (if he's still here when I've clicked post) can't see past the end of his stupid smirk on his face, and there's literally noone left at Ewood to run the place. Our whole management structure which served us brilliantly the past 10 years has been sacked off - we dumped off the one last person who had any remote experience of working in football last week. So it's not looking good. As you say getting promotion from the Championship is hard at the best of times, but with all this as well it makes it even harder.

I just don't think Everton are in danger of getting relegated. However bad you think you are, you're not among the worst 5/6/7 teams in the league, even if you sell Fellaini (as said above).