IGNORED

Telegraph on Everton finances

http://www.telegraph...-laid-bare.html

"Everton are bleeding cash to the banks as they service their long-term debts. Although their loans fell from £30.5m to £23.7m last year, much was replaced by what is probably more expensive debt: the club's overdraft grew from £5.1m to £9.1m. Then they sold the Bellefield training ground for £9.325m. Now Everton will have to pay rent (said to be £1m a year) to use their day-to-day home. Worse still, there is already nothing left over from that sale. With £6.6m spent on paying transfer fees, the club's overall cash loss was £10,000. They must sell a player every year to remain afloat. This is why they have found it so difficult to attract a buyer."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried writing out an article related to this from 4-4-2 magazine but there was simply too much to submit, I did about 100 words than realized I wasn't even a fifth of the way through it, and no such link exists. I merely gave up with it. Apologies.

I'm not really all up on club finances but the need for investment or new buyer is paramount as other clubs branch out or get the help they need to move forward, while we struggle to keep up sometimes, as with some others doubtless.

Now Moyes says he needs to sell to buy:

http://www.mirror.co...-players-828911

"We might now be in a situation where we have to start trading players more than we would like to - but that is the way things go.

"We do a lot of work behind the scenes to prepare so if we can get a situation where we can go and do a bit of business, we will try to do as well as we can."

Guest blueboy122

As long as he does it early and doesn't sulk like he's done in the past, which has had a detrimental affect on us.

I personally dont think he sulks mark, I think it must get him every press conference when he is asked by every journo about transfers in and the money available.

Edited by blueboy122

I personally dont think he sulks mark, I think it must get him every press conference when he is asked by every journo about transfers in and the money available.

Me neither, he seems more than happy to go along with it most of the time, when do you ever hear him say anything bad about Bill and his cronies, i read something this morning(possibly yesterday?) with Moyes singing Blue Bill's praises.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2012/05/moyes-pays-tribute-to-kenwright/

Edited by theprisoner

I disagree, I think he sulks like a petulant little child. Last summer he had a face like a smacked arse all pre-season, and it pisses me off because he readily accepts the cards our board have dealt him, but instead of wheeling and dealing like he needs to (and obviously knows he needs to) he just sulks.

I disagree, I think he sulks like a petulant little child. Last summer he had a face like a smacked arse all pre-season, and it pisses me off because he readily accepts the cards our board have dealt him, but instead of wheeling and dealing like he needs to (and obviously knows he needs to) he just sulks.

I think he's just a miserable bastard anyway rofl.gif Edited by theprisoner

I think reading some of the above responses we could have learned a little something today, what I mean is, it's better to get out there and accomplish something or try an objective than just having a sulk or anything, I took a certain level of motivation from that maybe even if it will be short lived.

Still wish Redknapp had got the national job, only for the one reason there would have been a vacancy and Moyes may well have decided or fancied a change elsewhere next season. I'm not really relishing another year or more of Moyes from this August on, there's no sense in lying about it. Dour, insipid soccer and no end product apart from a few thrills and spills along the way that won't count for much all said and done.

Going for a nice cycle ride along the coast, damn well could do with it maybe.

I've been tweeting (and making a mess of it) today about the number of televised games.

It seems Everton have been televised live 9 times (twice on ESPN, the rest on Sky) this season, last season it was 13. Apparently Everton are still paid for 10 games though. That's £1.5-2m less than less year.

Run down of who's been shown the most - http://www.live-footballontv.com/blog/

I think reading some of the above responses we could have learned a little something today, what I mean is, it's better to get out there and accomplish something or try an objective than just having a sulk or anything, I took a certain level of motivation from that maybe even if it will be short lived.

Still wish Redknapp had got the national job, only for the one reason there would have been a vacancy and Moyes may well have decided or fancied a change elsewhere next season. I'm not really relishing another year or more of Moyes from this August on, there's no sense in lying about it. Dour, insipid soccer and no end product apart from a few thrills and spills along the way that won't count for much all said and done.

Going for a nice cycle ride along the coast, damn well could do with it maybe.

We have played quit well the last few months showing what we are capable of when we get down to it, and i think it will all come down to the summer window and what happens with regards to in/outs. It's going to be a massive summer for us imo. Also getting a decent start to next season now we have Jelavic will make a huge difference. Edited by theprisoner

Also getting a decent start to next season now we have Jelavic will make a huge difference.

This is essential next season, I've had enough of all the comments about how good we are after Xmas, and that whe show top four form after Xmas. Let's bloody do it before Xmas, get us up there Moyes!! My biggest fear though is that Fellini goes, We must sign peanuts especially if the big fella does go, and we need to replace him them with a couple of tidy 'good deal' players like we have done with jelly. In all fairness love him or hate him, Moyes has a nose for a cracking bargin!(no mentioning Van de shite)!!!!

This is essential next season, I've had enough of all the comments about how good we are after Xmas, and that whe show top four form after Xmas. Let's bloody do it before Xmas, get us up there Moyes!! My biggest fear though is that Fellini goes, We must sign peanuts especially if the big fella does go, and we need to replace him them with a couple of tidy 'good deal' players like we have done with jelly. In all fairness love him or hate him, Moyes has a nose for a cracking bargin!(no mentioning Van de shite)!!!!

Yeah he's vital, we just look a different team with him playing, if Rodwell can ever get fit and show the form we know he can do, then he could partner Gibson, and have Diame as backup, and then look to use the rest of the Fellaini money towards a partner for Jelavic(obviously some of the cash would no doubt find it's way to the paying the bank) but the rest can be used towards a good linkup man for Jely, Dempsey would fit into Cahill's role perfectly, id love to see him, but i just don't see it happening, i don't mind Fletcher at Wolves i think he could play in that role, possibly even Defoe, we will await and see. Edited by theprisoner

If we can't get Defoe then either Lambert or Sharp could be worth a try but it's unlikely they'll sell now as they got a promotion, will want to keep hold of the best players and build on next season etc. Dempsey would be good, he doesn't have to be used as a center forward and probably plays better in an attacking midfielder position. Cahill is a shadow of his former self, age catching up for sure, whether they can play together or Dempsey could be an actual replacement even, well Ideally I'd like to see them both at the same time getting scoring opportunities.

Damn frustrating as always to see the side start to emerge or push foward so late in the season usually, the time to get league rewards is from August onwards, think of how better we could have done if we had played as we can from back in the autumn and not so late again as in waking up to our abilities at a point in the campaign where it's often a little too late to make a proper impact. I fear sometimes Fellaini will move on, he would demand a handsome price, much more than the 15 million we paid Liege and that money could go to good use, but i'd be reluctant to let a player of his caliber go unless it was actual silly money. At least in Jelavic we have a tasty striker it would seem and they'll be plenty of opportunity to terrorize opposition defenses next season, it does look quite promising actually. My biggest problem lies with the manager though, don't want to keep berating Moyes, but his style of play often bores the crowd to death and yet again, too often his defensive approach does us no favors. It's all very well and good having the players to do a job but not with a manager who can't utilize them properly or are wasted on 'safety first' policies.

If we can't get Defoe then either Lambert or Sharp could be worth a try but it's unlikely they'll sell now as they got a promotion, will want to keep hold of the best players and build on next season etc. Dempsey would be good, he doesn't have to be used as a center forward and probably plays better in an attacking midfielder position. Cahill is a shadow of his former self, age catching up for sure, whether they can play together or Dempsey could be an actual replacement even, well Ideally I'd like to see them both at the same time getting scoring opportunities.

Damn frustrating as always to see the side start to emerge or push foward so late in the season usually, the time to get league rewards is from August onwards, think of how better we could have done if we had played as we can from back in the autumn and not so late again as in waking up to our abilities at a point in the campaign where it's often a little too late to make a proper impact. I fear sometimes Fellaini will move on, he would demand a handsome price, much more than the 15 million we paid Liege and that money could go to good use, but i'd be reluctant to let a player of his caliber go unless it was actual silly money. At least in Jelavic we have a tasty striker it would seem and they'll be plenty of opportunity to terrorize opposition defenses next season, it does look quite promising actually. My biggest problem lies with the manager though, don't want to keep berating Moyes, but his style of play often bores the crowd to death and yet again, too often his defensive approach does us no favors. It's all very well and good having the players to do a job but not with a manager who can't utilize them properly or are wasted on 'safety first' policies.

We wont be looking to buy another striker now that we have Jelavic considering we play 4-5-1(ish) and considering Fellaini or Cahill would be pushed upfront ahead of most people anyway. There would also be absolutely no point in trying to buy the two Soton lads, firstly because they are completely unproven (and over rated somewhat in my eyes) and secondly because they would still cost an arm and a leg.

We wont be looking to buy another striker now that we have Jelavic considering we play 4-5-1(ish) and considering Fellaini or Cahill would be pushed upfront ahead of most people anyway. There would also be absolutely no point in trying to buy the two Soton lads, firstly because they are completely unproven (and over rated somewhat in my eyes) and secondly because they would still cost an arm and a leg.

We cannot go through another season of Cahill upfront, he is a bench player next season imo, and it looks like Fellaini might go, so we will need someone, Dempsey is the ideal player.

Next season will be tough..

£2m down on last season in merit fees

£1.4m down on last season due to reduced attendance

Last year EFC made a loss of £13.8m (excluding sale of Finch Farm i.e. we splashed out an addition £9m than normal), it doesn't look good and I expect a big name to be leaving.

Next season will be tough..

£2m down on last season in merit fees

£1.4m down on last season due to reduced attendance

Last year EFC made a loss of £13.8m (excluding sale of Finch Farm i.e. we splashed out an addition £9m than normal), it doesn't look good and I expect a big name to be leaving.

It's going to be down even more next season if something does'nt change soon, it's a MASSIVE summer for us imo.

I think Felli is leaving, Maybe Heitinga too. Did you guys see the celebration after the goal yesterday? Was more a thanks for these years than a I love Everton celebration (that was my first thought when I saw the celebration) He was also subbed, it was like DM wanted him to be given his praise and a propper send off by the fans.

I think Felli will go for around 25 mil and Heitinga for around 10-15 mil.

I hope some of that money is spent on Pienaar and Dempsey. And we need to find cover for Rodders and Barkley in the Felli position. I expect Rodders and Gibson to be the starters next year.

Sad summer but maybe necessary.

We all know We are in the shit financially but IF We do sell the likes of Fellaini and Heitinga and possibly Baines then forget appeasing the banks We'll be fucked in many respects.

Dropping down the league alla Villa after cashing in on their core players and replacing them with pretty much shite bar N'Zogbia. I know the banks need paying but when people say We need to sell to buy, why buy!? This squad given the addition of Pienaar on a permanent basis and a decent start in the league could really push on.

It's very worrying how things might pan out in the coming year or two if things do not change and pretty quick :(