IGNORED

Badge on home kit

I went to Everton Two on Saturday with the intention of buying the "media" polo shirt:

http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stores/everton/products/product_details.aspx?pid=112998

Direct image link: http://images.kitbag.com/efc-112998b.jpg

HOWEVER, I'm not sure if anyone has noticed it already, but have a zoom into the badge. It obviously is clearer in the store, but it has a look as though it's been made from fuzzy felt with the colours looking too bright and, overall, looks rushed and cheap.

Will this be the badge that is used on the home kit?!?!

I ended up buying the black "heritage" EFC polo in the end. That looks good.

Another gripe: does anyone see the point of actually having "Everton" underneath the crest??

Difficult to comment on the badge without seeing it...but I agree on "Everton" underneath it being a bit pointless. Never used to be there and somehow the players managed to know who to pass to (sometimesunsure.png ).

Had a quick scan of the other premier league badges and only Spurs have their name beneath rather than incorporated into the badge. I'd be happy to lose it.

Difficult to comment on the badge without seeing it...but I agree on "Everton" underneath it being a bit pointless. Never used to be there and somehow the players managed to know who to pass to (sometimesunsure.png ).

Had a quick scan of the other premier league badges and only Spurs have their name beneath rather than incorporated into the badge. I'd be happy to lose it.

If you click on the link in my post and use the zoom function, you'll probably see what I mean. Apart from the badge, the quality is there from Nike (I think the black away kit looks great "in person"), so you have to wonder who's responsible for this badge.

As for having "Everton" on the badge, it does seem pointless and think it makes that area look cluttered. I actually can't think of one reason for having it.

I actually wouldn't be against us going back to the design modelled by Tricky Trev in my profile pic. Clean. Simple. Classic.

Do we have a campaign here????

As for having "Everton" on the badge, it does seem pointless and think it makes that area look cluttered. I actually can't think of one reason for having it.

Only reason I can think of is for advertising the club, like on holiday and someone may like the badge but not already know the team. So be good you're now an unofficial representative of Everton FC.

It looks like fuzzy felt on the training kit too:

http://images.kitbag...efc-112996b.jpg

It's not a good look is it.

I can't see the badge being any different on the home kit and white away kit (officially 2nd or 3rd?), which really is a shame. Maybe it has been a bit of a rush; they couldn't produce an embroided version in time like LCS have done and we may have to wait until next season for that.

Just hope it isn't Nike doing it on the cheap...

White away (3rd) kithuh.png ? Did I miss something?

In the video for the shoot for the away shirt in the background are two shirts on hangers, one being what we know is the home shirt and the other shirt is a white one which everyone assumes is the third shirt.

Edited by Romey 1878

In the video for the shoot for the third shirt in the background are two shirts on hangers, one being what we know is the home shirt and the other shirt is a white one which everyone assumes is the third shirt.

That's where!

Unless the club have been a bunch of clever clogs and simply included a mock-up on purpose.*

As for these other kits, when the hell are they being announced?!?!

* As unlikely as a Liverpool fan being rational.

As a goalkeeper I'm personally a bit gutted that they haven't released one of Tim Howard's new kit yet. I was all ready to get the full kit for football but haven't been able to because they're so tight lipped this summer. It seems like other teams shirts are coming out left right and centre whereas we're still in the dark.

Might pick up the black kit before I go on my holidays though, debating whether to have Baines on it with all the Manchester United rumours.

White away (3rd) kithuh.png ? Did I miss something?

Looks just the same as the France away kit, but without the stripes on the arm bands.

france-away-shirt-2012.jpg

The badge on the away kit is a cross between the felt and embroidery from what i can see. It looks like a felt badge has been embroidered onto the shirt, rather than bonded like on the training and polos.

crest.jpg

Here's a link to the picture of the home and away kit hanging up on Everton TV:

http://www.bluekippe...534948-Kits.jpg

I can't really make out if that is the training badge or with more embroidery as SteveO has said.

Hoping you're right SteveO...

Wish the home kit had a collar to match the Away/White kits. The alleged home kit looks like something I wore as a kid in the little leagues.

Wish the home kit had a collar to match the Away/White kits. The alleged home kit looks like something I wore as a kid in the little leagues.

I know. I think we'll get a clearer impression of the home kit tomorrow, but won't know for sure until we see it "in person".

I think the white away kit looks great and unless the home kit really is much, much better from what we've seen, then that'll be where my pennies go.

The good thing is that we are changing them every season and I'm sure Nike will get more things right next time.

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching The Big Match last night, featured Everton from 1983.. the kit was one I hadn't seen before. The crest looked so different.

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Man Utd's crest was no larger than 2 inches long, I found it strange that the badge is so large now by comparison.

Here it is in action:

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=312974

26 mins in

Is the Big Match still shown on terrestrial television. Oh it's ITV4, on Satelite. I thought these retro shows were never shown any more. Can't watch the link, but no great loss. Can't quite make out the club emblem from above shots also. Will watch another time when able. I even tried looking back at classic football shirts.com or Historical kits.com featuring the team, but no home replicas of the time anywhere, just the yellow away varieties.

Is the Big Match still shown on terrestrial television. Oh it's ITV4, on Satelite. I thought these retro shows were never shown any more. Can't watch the link, but no great loss. Can't quite make out the club emblem from above shots also. Will watch another time when able. I even tried looking back at classic football shirts.com or Historical kits.com featuring the team, but no home replicas of the time anywhere, just the yellow away varieties.

ITV4 is a freeview channel.