IGNORED

John Fetfatzidis

EVERTON scouts were expected to watch Greek winger John Fetfatzidis this evening at the Olympic Stadium as Olympiacos take on Sporting in a friendly.

Representatives from the Blues have apparently watched the 21 year-old on two previous occasions.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/08/13/everton-rumour-mill-blues-leapfrog-reds-in-adam-johnson-loan-deal-moyes-uses-rodwell-cash-for-dempsey-as-everton-track-greek-winger-100252-31613706/

Isn't his first name Ioannis, where does 'John' come from?

Pete0, I'd take a lefty...

I was only joking, most the lefties are one-footed. No idea how accurate this is http://www.futhead.com/12/player/7660 but they give him 4 stars for his weak foot, so maybe he can use it.

I've seen his name as Giannis, which is the same as John, but we don't call Coleman James. I don't see why they have translated it.

To say I was impressed with this guy in that vid is an understatement... When Messi scores goals like that everyone is going nuts, but you dont hear of Fetfatzidis at all.

Aside from the quality of some of his finishing and the way the ball seemed stuck to his boot when he was dribbling, what really impressed me the most is how well he dealt with having the bigger & heavier defenders trying to muscle him out of it. He uses his size and balance really well and it looks as if he would adapt really well to the Premier League. He also likes to cut inside which would suit our style of play and providing he can also pick and pass and whip a ball in he could be taylormade for us.

I was only joking, most the lefties are one-footed. No idea how accurate this is http://www.futhead.com/12/player/7660 but they give him 4 stars for his weak foot, so maybe he can use it.

I've seen his name as Giannis, which is the same as John, but we don't call Coleman James. I don't see why they have translated it.

Yeah, its weird. Try Googling John Fetfatzidis, you get Ioannis. So if you didn't know that they were the same person, you could spend hours searching for someone who doesn't exist! :lol:

Yeah, its weird. Try Googling John Fetfatzidis, you get Ioannis. So if you didn't know that they were the same person, you could spend hours searching for someone who doesn't exist! laugh.png

:D I can imagine a lot on Kipper doing circles right now and crying that he's a Bruno Texiera.

I can't see us getting 3 of their players.

I was thinking the same thing tbh mate, the one thing I can gather from their fan forums is that the one player they don't wish to loose is Mirallas as He seems to be their most detrimental player.

I know this las looks a talent from the clips more so then Mirallas but I'd much rather take their first hand judgement on this one...

Interesting note, we're now linked with both Mirallas and Fetzfadis. We were linked with Kostas Manolas in January, who now plays for Olympiacos, but was with AEK Athens when we were linked with them, and we were also linked with Olympiacos' keeper, Begyeri... It seems like we've been linked with the whole squad..

http://www.sport.gr/Article/Ειδήσεις/Ποδόσφαιρο/Super-League/Φετφατζίδης:-Να-καθιερωθώ-στον-Ολυμπιακό/24-140505.html

The young ace also stresses that the aim is to establish the Olympic and help him achieve his goals.

Also, the statements of the «Real Sports» talked with the best words to Leonardo Zarntim, and referred to the experience of Euro:

Let's statements Fetfatzidi:

For this year and the same, he said: "I feel very well and I think I'm more mature in body and mind to make a very good season. I want and I think it will be my year. I want it too. I am proud to belong to the Olympic and my big dream remains to be established in the team of my heart. "

For the group, said: "The team is full of great players and healthy competition is great. But I myself my chances and claims with a lot of hard work. "

Quoting Leonardo Zarntim, said: "It's a modern coach. He tries to get us through what he wants and slowly to understand it more. Makes sense to have some time to respond. We are international, it is also reasonable to want a little more time. It is clear, however, that he likes attacking football as like the entire team and the world. "

To prepare, commented: "Gradually we learn better each other. The friendly workouts and help us ... introduce ourselves better. We work hard together with Mr. Zarntim to improve and be ready to match official ".

Finally, the experience of Euro commented: "It was a great experience for me. I hope to go further. The whole team wants to give the present and in the World Cup and hope to succeed. "

I didn't realize Fetfatzidis (Fetfa) was on the menu as well. I have to say I'm surprised. IMO he's in no way ready for EPL and honestly never will be. Not because of his potential, but because players like him are better suited for the Primera and Serie A. Diminutive and agile, with great technique, dribbling skills and passing ability (short balls and ground game - NOT long high balls) vision, but does not have explosiveness, speed, shot power and strength (although he's worked on it and has gotten better - doesn't get knocked around as much).

The problem with this kid (not just him, but any other greek kid with apparent super talent and potential) is that the greek sports (rubish) media (which are ridiculously extensive - over 150 sports tabloids and websites for a 9 million person nation), by virtue of a 5 minute appearance and one nutmeg (dribble) ala Zidane "baptize" him as the NEXT "greek Mesi", the "greek Maradona", the "greek this and that", and as a result either a) overinflate a young man's head so that he believes he is the shit or b.) put enormous pressure on a fragile young man's confidence that he must live up to those expectations/headlines.

As it stands right now with Ioannis/Yiannis/Giannis/John (yes, same name) he is a diamond in the rough, but HE needs to put in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT of work to achieve his potential. He is not even a starter at Olympiacos. He appears not to be able to shoulder the hype. It is crushing him. A few glimpses of WOW and then he vanishes. He needs to work on his game. Practice, practice, practice. Kevin did it on his own for 2 hours before practice, he needs to do it for 4 hours. He can fix, strength, he can fix shot power, he can improve speed, but I don't know how he can fix sustained explosiveness. You are either born with that or you are not. However, you can disguise it with another attribute. Positional awareness and creating open space for yourself.

Like I said. A lot of work. Not to mention that at Olympiacos there are NO coaches that work on player skill and game improvement. You need to have what the coaches (who have tremendous pressure on them to win every game by a 5-0 margin)need or you sit on the bench and get few chances. Players (especially young ones) have to fend for the themselves and hope a skilled veteran on the team takes them under their wing and "mentors" them.

The "cut" from the Napoli friendly was not a potential transfer protection move it was a freakin wake up call by the coach.

In closing I will mention that he plays both wings, more effectively on the "opposite" foot as he cuts inside, but in my opinion (and disappointment that Olympiacos have not tried to play him there) he would be a fantastic AMC.

PS. I ain't no freakin Toffee Lady

Edited by OSFP7