IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Hafnia

You should have seen the game. Reading was defending like there's no tomorrow. I have never seen a team on fire like that. I think it was the adrenalin of being promoted and playing in Stamford Bridge that gave them such power. If Chelsea didn't have Hazard they would have lost points.

I am glad to see that Hazard is doing well but its early days yet for him. He started well in the Wigan games (with the help of Ramis) but he didnt have any impact on the second half. I havent watched the Reading game but the reports are that he did very well, but from a couple of clips I saw (mainly for the goals) some of the defending was a little bit naive. I genuinly hope he does well as he has been a player I have followed for a while, and I think he has the talent to succeed in the Premiership but you cant tell anything after his first two games against 'inferior' opposition.

Edited by Mirallas

You should have seen the game. Reading was defending like there's no tomorrow. I have never seen a team on fire like that. I think it was the adrenalin of being promoted and playing in Stamford Bridge that gave them such power. If Chelsea didn't have Hazard they would have lost points.

Fair enough, I did see one challenge where they were so keen to try and kick a lump out of him that he just flicked it past them and rolled the defender with ease and made him look foolish!

Reading played like that quite a lot last season under McDermott and are the one team most suited to the Premiership from the promoted 3. I still remember when they played us off the park in the Cup a couple of seasons back and they will be a good test for anyone.

• 1 month later...

Maybe I've been looking in the wrong part of the forum, but I havn't seen anything that anyone has written about the performances of Mirallas to date.

TBH I think he's been a bit hot and cold. He looks like he's got the right sort of energy and willingness to get stuck in and also to back-pedal when the need arises. He's been in some great spots for a snap shot at goal, but he's also had times when he's had a shot that was spectacularly bad where other team members have been in positions that were far better and much more likely to result in a goal or at least a shot that tested the keeper (nearly showed my age and wrote 'custodian').

I personally think he's trying a bit too hard at times, maybe a few words from Moyes about choices will sort it.

Having said that, it really is refreshing to have someone on board who is willing to have a go at times.....I think we were getting predictable over the past couple of seasons. With Mirallas and Jelly showing form and Anichebe maybe finding his self-belief at last we have some unpredictable forwards that may keep the opposition on their toes.

Having tickets for the Liverpool game, can't wait to see it.

COYB!

Mirallas scored for Belgium agaist Serbia - the 3rd goal in a 3-0 win - he came on as a replacement and 2 minutes later scored - but i think he was in a off-side position when the ball was passed to him.

It looks offside as he is beyond the last man who played him the pass but I think he looks very much in line wih the ball, which keeps him onside, lighting counter attack great finish from Mirallas, hopefully he will be back on the scoresheet against QPR

• 9 months later...