IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Hafnia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2188347/Kevin-Mirallas-close-Everton-move.html

Everton are ready to immediately reinvest a chunk of the money they received for Jack Rodwell by completing a shock £5.3million deal for Kevin Mirallas.

The Olympiakos striker has been a target for a number of clubs this summer, including Arsenal, but Everton boss David Moyes, who only sold Rodwell to Manchester City for £12million on Sunday, has moved swiftly for the Belgian.

Mirallas is currently with the Belgium national side for their friendly with Holland, but, once that game is over, it is expected he will travel to Merseyside in the next 24 hours to complete the formalities of a medical and personal terms.

He moved to Lille (France) as a teenager. He broke into the first team there, then moved to Saint-Etienne for a couple of million. That didn't work out well for him though, so then he moved to Greece. He was Olympiakos' top scorer the season before last (only Djibril Cissé scored more in the entire league), then last season he was the league's top scorer (18 goals) and Player of the Year. He prefers to play as a left winger coming inside though. Pienaar's place really. He isn't the same type of player though. Peanuts is more of a playmaker. Mirallas' style of play reminds me more of Cristiano Ronaldo. Edited by Steve_E

He prefers to play as a left winger coming inside though. Pienaar's place really. He isn't the same type of player though. Peanuts is more of a playmaker. Mirallas' style of play reminds me more of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Looks like he would allow us to adopt a new system, maybe a 433 similar to Man U's. Fellaini, Gibson, and Osman in the middle with Pienaar/Naismith shifted to the right wing.

http://www.thetimes....icle3507954.ece

Everton are ready to reinvest a significant proportion of the proceeds from the sale of Jack Rodwell by signing Kevin Mirallas from Olympiacos for £6 million.

Having received a fee in the region of £12 million from Manchester City for Rodwell, David Moyes has moved immediately to set up a deal for the Belgium forward, who has also been pursued by Arsenal.

Only yesterday, Mirallas told the Belgian media that he was aware of Arsène Wenger’s interest in him and spoke of the attraction of playing in the Barclays Premier League. But it now appears that the 24-year-old is destined for Everton rather than Arsenal in a deal that would represent a significant coup for Moyes.

The Everton manager’s priorities in the transfer market this summer have been to find a high-quality alternative to Nikica Jelavic in attack and to recruit a proven winger. In the versatile Mirallas, who can operate in either role, Moyes may have found a solution to both problems.

Yes please. Paces and tricks and looks to add something different from Jelagod.

Doesn't loil a Moyes player though. Someone so keen to take players on is going to lose the ball a lot (unless your name is Lionel).

Would love a real flair player at the club though. Someone who gets fans on their feet and can create chaos. He would create a lot if space for Jelly.

If what you read is right;

Mirallas has signed all pending a medical and the go ahead.

Niang is due in for a trial.

Does anyone not get the impression that Niang is potentially our first choice option, but if he looks gash at the trial, we'll give the go ahead for Mirallas instead?

And could Evertons hatred of transfer posibilities be as a result of keeping options open, if Mirallas feels that he's second choice, he might turn us down anyway. So if Niang isn't good enough for the quoted £7m (being a considerable amount of money for us) as a very 'raw' talent, and Mirallas pulls out, we've lost out on two "potentially" very good talents, by determining which one is worth investing in more?

Double edged sword, if you like.

With our money situation though, we can never be too careful. But its a dangerous game.

only thing that is going through my mind is that the Greek league isnt a patch on the EPL.

Cisse hasnt done too bad for QPR either, and he was the top scorer for Panathinaikos couple of years a go, plus he's 31 and got 6 in 8 for QPR last year, and he got sent off twice! laugh.png i have a lot of confidence in Moyes when it comes to transfers, admittedly the Billy scenario made me think otherwise for a while, but Jelly has been great for us, Gibson has done well and i absolutely slated him before he came, so yeah IMWT and all that...

I'd sooner look at attributes rather than goal stats, goal stats can often cloud a players appraisal. Andy Johnson for one - yeah was ok for us, his goal record suggested he was a world beater - all those goals for Palace in the prem, many of which were penalties.

I remember watching Johnson against Skyrtle in the game against Zenit, he was abysmal. I'm not saying Skyrtle is a shoddy player but my reservations about AJ were proven that night, if a centre half got tight to him he was easily bullied off the ball.

Give me a striker with a good physical prescence, technique, pace, and work ethic and I will show you a very good premier league striker. AJ missed out on two of these - technique and physical prescence. Is it any wonder that the likes of Pappis Cisse and Demba Ba have all the bigger clubs watching in envy. Centre halves are a different animal these days, they are quick, big and strong, the days of the oafish ruddock style player has well and truly gone - look at Ferdinand since he's lost a yard of pace. In summary, the exact reason why Michael Owen is no longer good enough. It is probably the only reason why we are perservering with Anichebe, brush up on his technique and work rate and you have a player (unlikely to happen though).

Looks decent in the video but some of the defending is awful! I could see him doing a job here but part of me thinks that the defenders over here would snuff him out of games by not allowing him any space or time on the ball, much like he did in the friendly against England.

Does anyone know if he has played against an English club in the CL?