IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Hafnia

This is from Sky Sports News with an interview with Mirallas saying he's joining us!!

http://yfrog.com/j6o...pufqaclgtcqjbez

That's been cut to sound like he favours us, but at the beginning he states it is possible he might go to either club, and at the end he says he returns to Greece tomorrow (today) so don't get too excited just yet.

I an official interview for the Belgian National television, Mirallas openly declared:

"I'm going to be talking with Everton. I'm not saying no, but I'm also not saying yes." He was unaware that DM was in the audience during the Belgium-Netherlands game yesterday night. He said he wasn't in a hurry and could wait till the end of the transfer window. The advantages of Everton is getting more chances to play and playing together with Fellaini. Arsenal used to be his favorite team in the world, but he declared that sometimes you need to drop your preferences and blue might perhaps be better for him.

Greg O'Keefe (Everton correspondent for the Echo) has suggested that the transfer isn't quite as advanced as we think and personal terms will come into it. He admits without any real foundation, that he may be playing us and Arsenal off for better terms.

Definitely not as advanced as reported earlier. Negotiations between the player and the club hadn't even started yet. He does seem to recognize Everton are a better fit though. And I suppose he'll be flattered by Moyes coming over in person as well. I have a good feeling about this coming off.

I am lead to believe that Mirallas is now an Everton player. Some will turn up their noses and berate it until the day is long, but that's about the size of it. Take it or leave it. Even Wikipedia, which is a reliable enough source, has recognized this.

HAHAHAHA

that is all.

theres a gang? huh.png

Can we start a new gang Matt? I feel left out.

As a Belgian I've seen him play many times and I'm surprised by all the credit he gets. For me he's a pretty average player, one in a dozen. He's a bit faster than the average guy, he's an average dribbler, average first touch, average shot at goal, average header, average passing on the ball.

So yea ... he'll fit in with Everton but he won't bring any added value, I find him a bit pricey for what he's offering. If I have to compare him with a former Everton player it's easy : Bilyaletdinov

Just giving you a heads up :)

As a Belgian I've seen him play many times and I'm surprised by all the credit he gets. For me he's a pretty average player, one in a dozen. He's a bit faster than the average guy, he's an average dribbler, average first touch, average shot at goal, average header, average passing on the ball.

So yea ... he'll fit in with Everton but he won't bring any added value, I find him a bit pricey for what he's offering. If I have to compare him with a former Everton player it's easy : Bilyaletdinov

Just giving you a heads up smile.png

fishing.gif

That's funny because nearly every Olympiakos supporter is gutted that He will be leaving for one club or the other, If Your saying it from a national team point of view then there are many a fantastic player who don't bring club level football to the International stage.......Ronaldo to name but one of many!!

Not exactly, I've been watching him since his early Lille days, he always looked promising but never really delivered. In Greece that changed and the fans are behind him but nowadays there isn't much difference between the Greek League and the SPL, it's rapidly declining. Olympiakos towers above the rest so it's a bit easier to score than back at Lille/Saint-Etienne or on International level. If he would sign I wouldn't expect him to score more than 5 goals in a full season.

As an Englishman i've seen many a person who is a fan of an overspending average club come on here and make posts like that.

Au contraire my friend, I think Everton might be my most watched team since Fellaini joined, think I watched around 30 games last season.

Edited by Gily

Not exactly, I've been watching him since his early Lille days, he always looked promising but never really delivered. In Greece that changed and the fans are behind him but nowadays there isn't much difference between the Greek League and the SPL, it's rapidly declining. Olympiakos towers above the rest so it's a bit easier to score than back at Lille/Saint-Etienne or on International level. If he would sign I wouldn't expect him to score more than 5 goals in a full season.

Au contraire my friend, I think Everton might be my most watched team since Fellaini joined, think I watched around 30 games last season.

Jeesh, you're cheerful. I really hope you are wrong, though. For our sake if he does sign. I myself am not too much of an optimist but for whatever reason I'm still excited for him to don the Everton shirt

I'm Belgian, I know Mirallas and I know the EPL very well and I can guarantee that you are misjudging Mirallas. Belgians can be very pessimistic. I've seen Mirallas shine against high-profile opponents with a physical game and a high pace and I'm sure that the Premier League is a good league for Kevin Mirallas. Everton is not making a mistake. I have a very good intuition and in a high-level team like Everton and a high pace league like the EPL he will deliver good performances. He'd be a real danger for Manchester United.

Gily, you're entitled to your opinion mate, and I'd not rush to contest it given what little I've seen of the guy. What I will say though is that David Moyes has shown to be a good judge over the years, and it must be pointed out that most players who come to Everton, have improved immensely under his leadership, so I tend to trust him. Moyes may have a totally different role in store for him should he sign, than perhaps he is used to, as we tend to use resourcefulness rather than money.

Excellent English incidentally.

Gily, you're entitled to your opinion mate, and I'd not rush to contest it given what little I've seen of the guy. What I will say though is that David Moyes has shown to be a good judge over the years, and it must be pointed out that most players who come to Everton, have improved immensely under his leadership, so I tend to trust him. Moyes may have a totally different role in store for him should he sign, than perhaps he is used to, as we tend to use resourcefulness rather than money.

Excellent English incidentally.

This.

Pienaar was hardly a stand out performer when at Dortmund, but Moyes obviously saw that he had something about him and now he is one of our best players.

I exaggerate sometimesunsure.png . Ineffective would have been fairer.

Imagine if it was Matt Damon pretending to be Bily since his debut season and that's why we thought he was so shit. Speaking of Matt Damon, I thought the book was better than the movie.

I really wouldn't compare Mirallas to Bily based on what little I've seen of Kevin... but little being the key word here obviously.

See below - could be pure guess work, who knows ....

EVERTON have won the race to sign Kevin Mirallas - snatching the Olympiakos striker from under the noses of Arsenal.

Mirallas' agent held talks with the Gunners earlier this summer but he has now agreed a four-year deal with Everton, with David Moyes' side paying around £6million for the Belgian hitman.

The 24 year-old, who was the top scorer in Greek top-flight football last season and has not hid the fact he is keen to play in the Premier League, is expected on Merseyside within the next 24 hours to have a medical and complete the switch.

Source: Talk Sport

There are rumours he's signed a 4 year deal with us.

Nice find Avin, four year deal sounds good to me as it means we will have him for a long period of time and if anyone wants to try and land him next season they'll have to pay us a pretty penny. I'm ecstatic over this move and I do believe within the next 24/48 hours he'll be seen in Royal Blue.