IGNORED

Are we now short at CM?

Memmaclub

I think it's the right side which we're missing options however - left is looking good with Baines, Pienaar and Mirallas and we have plenty of players for the middle.

I recall one match though where we had Pienaar, Osman and Cahill (I know he's gone) switching positions, Left, Right and Centre. Our midfield was hard to track and we bossed the midfield that day. I haven't seen us play like that recently but that was good tactics that day.

One more midfielder who is predominantly right, but can play middle of left if required would do nicely.

I'm surprised we haven't gone for Manny Fernandes, doesn't get up the pitch as well as Rodwell, but he's both footed and would be a great player to rotate Gibson with.

Completely agree Pete. For a free it could have been great business to replace him with Rodwell. Has he got a club yet?

Neville, Heitinga, Gibson, Osman, Fellaini, Barkley and Junior. Pienaar could also play in an attacking mid role. So we have 8 players that COULD go in the middle of the park for us.

Out of those, I would hope Neville rotates with Hibbert at right back, and Heitinga is a staple of our defense.

Out of the 6 remaining, I would imagine Moyes would opt to play Fellaini/Gibson in the middle, with the option then of Ossie as well in a 4-5-1. Barkley and Junior should geta run out in the cups and against the lower end teams.

Rodwell was the one sellable asset we could afford to lose. We're not short, we just lack proven quality in the players behind our starting CM's. Barkley and Junior I would hope have a good season.

In fact, Duffy, Coleman, Vellios and the two above should all be given a chance this season, and if they can take their opportunities with both hands, we may end up with a much stronger squad than we realise. All 5 players could start a game and I wouldn't be worried. If we played Howard, Coleman, Duffy, Heitinga, Baines, Naismith, Junior, Fellaini, Pienaar, Barkley, Vellios against Leyton Orient int he cup for example, I could see us winning 3 or 4 nil quite comfortably. Same goes for any bottom half teams at home.

I feel we are short when considering a box-to-box CM.

If Gibs and Fellaini get hurt, I will feel very uncomfortable having Ossie, Pienaar, or anyone else coming back to relieve the defense. We'll prob see Heitinga or Nevs there -- much to the disapproval of most of the forum. I would like to sign one solid CM who can play right, like someone said above.