IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I don't watch MOTD anymore because all they are arsed about is the top clubs. Even though we bossed Chelsea they will make it look like we hung on with our lives and I wouldn't be surprised if the only attacking move from us they show is the Naismith goal. Unfortunately Sky & BT are just as bad.

Luiz should have gone, he was the last man and had he not been dragged down Mirallas was in the clear with nobody to challenge him. Howard Webb as usual shits himself and only gives a yellow.

Great play by Southampton, unlucky not to get a chance at the end of it. West Ham will be lucky to hang on to a draw.

Thought both teams were fairly average with Soton just about edging it.

West Ham are really weak in the full back areas and Demel especially is an absolute dog of a defender. Reid and Collins look like rabbits in the headlight as soon as anyone runs at them too so its amazing that they are doing so well defensively in the league.

Soton on the other hand look to have spent a lot of money and achieved very little. I watched Wanyama and Osvaldo quite closely and whilst both did ok, I didnt see anything that warranted the price tags they went for, although I suppose they may still be bedding in.

Thought both teams were fairly average with Soton just about edging it.

West Ham are really weak in the full back areas and Demel especially is an absolute dog of a defender. Reid and Collins look like rabbits in the headlight as soon as anyone runs at them too so its amazing that they are doing so well defensively in the league.

Soton on the other hand look to have spent a lot of money and achieved very little. I watched Wanyama and Osvaldo quite closely and whilst both did ok, I didnt see anything that warranted the price tags they went for, although I suppose they may still be bedding in.

Think they've disrupted the team ethic, Southampton worked more as a unit last season. Jaask(spelling?) motm for me, when Southampton clicked going forward the football was great. Completely agree on West Ham's defence, mentioned them on here last year and they kicked up a little fuss on their forum.

I sincerely hope yesterdays opposition suffer an end of season relegation again (after 2011)

Allardyce may have tasted some brief success and brought in one or two names to strengthen things up, but I'd be surprised if they can get near the european places this season, although you never know what will occur each time. I was unaware of any other sunday fixtures yesterday although there was a highlights program for it apparently.

Think they've disrupted the team ethic, Southampton worked more as a unit last season. Jaask(spelling?) motm for me, when Southampton clicked going forward the football was great. Completely agree on West Ham's defence, mentioned them on here last year and they kicked up a little fuss on their forum.

Yeh they certainly showed glimpses of class but that was all. I think they were a little bit naive yesterday because Lallana would have ripped Demel a new one had he played wide and they then could have played Lambert a little deeper or brought in another central midfielder if needs be. The problem with buying players for big money is that they need to find a way to squeeze them all in to the starting 11 and as soon as you start catering to the player/fans ego instead of playing the best balanced 11 you start creating trouble for yourself.

Obviously a new rule this season that ManU players are allowed to barge the opposition goalkeeper when a shot's on the way. We need to be aware of that when we go to OT.

You would think one of the 5 officials would spot it wouldnt you!

Been a bit disappointed with Bayer Leverkusen. Man Utd have done well defensively but Bayer havent been able to string any passes together in a meaningful area. Its been the most disappointing performance from a German team in the CL in the last couple of years.

I agree Bailey. Admittedly I haven't seen an awful lot of Leverkusen before but I have seen bits. They're play focuses a lot on getting crosses into the box for Kiessling. Unfortunately, he won't get a sniff against Rio or Vidic. They need to mix it up a bit at the moment because even I can tell what they're going to do everytime they go forward never mind the united defence.

Can't see anything other than a united win.

Edited by GoodisonRoad