• Leon Osman
    • Steven Naismith
    • Magaye Gueye
    • Kevin Marallas
    • Victor Anichebe
    • Luke Garbutt
    • Shane Duffy
    • Ross Barkley

Can't vote without seeing the game MikeO, maybe after I see the highlights...

Think listening to the full commentary is probably a better way to judge than watching the beeb's five minutes (we'll be lucky to get that due to the lack of an upset!).

Difficult to argue with two goals/two assists on debut however you stack it up....Mirallas for me.

Just got home from the game and the first-half was a cracker. The second half not as much because Moyes told them to sit back after he made his three changes. The goalkeeper made a bit of a mess and was at fault for two of their goals so I think we have to give him a cheeky pint after the game to say thanks but other than that it was a well deserved win. Everyone played well (apart from Gueye who IMO was woeful) and we really look in good nick for the WBA game.

Mirallas gets my MOTM because he scored two and looked like he could have had about four, his assist for Ossie's goal was pretty magic too, kudos to Coleman also because apart from the first 10 minutes when he let Cox have all the space he wanted on the right flank he didn't put a foot wrong and was the driving force of our attacks.

From listening to the match: Mirallas and Naismith were the most exciting players; Coleman worked really hard and earned a lot for our team; Gueye and Anichebe had a glut of chances and wasted most.

Mirallas got my vote, most likely because the numbers jump out, but also probably because every time he had the ball something awesome seemed to happen.

Naismith was immense. He could have had a goal in any one of his moves because they were all threatening, he should have had a goal at the end too as Victor had the ball on the edge of the box and greedily went for goal when Naismith was totally un-marked on the back post (and would have easily slotted home for 6-0).

Mirallas could have had more too but tried to do tricks in every one of his moves which sometimes led to him being tackled, I wasn't bothered however because it shows he's got bags of confidence and with enough practice those tricks are going to turn him into a top player.

I don't see why Coleman is getting so much praise, he still looked lost at times and wasn't really tested defensively. Think people are being overly harsh on Gueye, he was good in spells. Between Osman, Neville and Miralles. The first 2 for making sure no one got past and constantly getting the ball to the attacking players and Miralles for being the most productive. Gone for Osman as he got forward and created as well.

Coleman was arguably our best player going forward and looked solid at the back once he had settled into the game, he had a bad start by letting Cox have a free wing but after Heitinga/Jagielka pulled him up on it he was fine. Gueye on the other hand did nothing at all in the whole game apart from score, he looked sloppy on the ball and 9 times out of 10 lost it under a light challenge, if it hadn't of been for his goal at the end he'd of been given a bollocking IMO.

Coleman was arguably our best player going forward and looked solid at the back once he had settled into the game, he had a bad start by letting Cox have a free wing but after Heitinga/Jagielka pulled him up on it he was fine. Gueye on the other hand did nothing at all in the whole game apart from score, he looked sloppy on the ball and 9 times out of 10 lost it under a light challenge, if it hadn't of been for his goal at the end he'd of been given a bollocking IMO.

He was like a dog chasing his tail at the beginning. Him and Naismith seem to lack in decision-making, although Coleman's has improved from last year.

Gueye was involved in a few nice build ups with little lay offs, admittedly he gave the ball away softly at times but no more than Naismith just Naismith done more running. Same goes for Miralles they all had good spells and sloppy spells. Think Anichebe didn't help any of them though.

I don't see why Coleman is getting so much praise, he still looked lost at times and wasn't really tested defensively. Think people are being overly harsh on Gueye, he was good in spells. Between Osman, Neville and Miralles. The first 2 for making sure no one got past and constantly getting the ball to the attacking players and Miralles for being the most productive. Gone for Osman as he got forward and created as well.

Im not having a pop but did you actually watch the game? Iam only asking in case you listened on the radio and maybe the commentators didnt give him the credit he desrerved

I thought he was superb all night, his touch was fantastic, he had quick feet and great ball control in tight situations, he was beating his man at will and once he got to the byline he was getting his head up and picking out his man. His decision making was spot on all night

Also its not his fault he wasnt tested defensively

Im not having a pop but did you actually watch the game? Iam only asking in case you listened on the radio and maybe the commentators didnt give him the credit he desrerved

I thought he was superb all night, his touch was fantastic, he had quick feet and great ball control in tight situations, he was beating his man at will and once he got to the byline he was getting his head up and picking out his man. His decision making was spot on all night

Also its not his fault he wasnt tested defensively

Yes. He was better than usual but still had his running in circles moments, if it was most improved man in the match he'd win it. Overall his performance was no better than Naismith's.

Think listening to the full commentary is probably a better way to judge than watching the beeb's five minutes (we'll be lucky to get that due to the lack of an upset!).

Difficult to argue with two goals/two assists on debut however you stack it up....Mirallas for me.

extended highlights now on the OS.

Naismith for me (from the 50 mins I saw), was involved in most things and worked tirelessly.

Special mention for Maggie and Coleman too.

Edited by Matt

To be fair I thought Naismith was also excellent last night

Naismith played similar to how I'd of hoped Coleman would have progressed to. Both were good in spells, but had silly moments - Gueye also. All 3 would have been worthy of motm if they'd done it over the full match.